The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 01-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Yekaterina's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St Petersburg, Russia
Posts: 56
Unhappy

he should say bye bye to her and marry a noble woman like his grandfather said in last will. because if the poor woman wants children they will be born out of wedlock. and if they marry he loses everything. he should be more clever.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 01-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Benedikte's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yekaterina View Post
he should say bye bye to her and marry a noble woman like his grandfather said in last will. because if the poor woman wants children they will be born out of wedlock. and if they marry he loses everything. he should be more clever.
As it happens he is loving Carina and finding love is worth more than any enheritance.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:06 AM
michelleq's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia Region, United States
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
As it happens he is loving Carina and finding love is worth more than any enheritance.
My opinion, to Gustav, love is not worth more than any inheritance, because he would had married her and let the castle go to the next heir.
__________________
"Love thy neighbor as thyself"
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Benedikte's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq View Post
My opinion, to Gustav, love is not worth more than any inheritance, because he would had married her and let the castle go to the next heir.
I'm not sure I understand you.

When Gustav is loving Carina are you then suggesting that he should marry some one else. And who should this unhappy woman be - living in a loveless marriage becuase of what?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,287
What most don't take into account, what if the next heir (who would inherit if Gustav would marry) doesn't want to take over the estate and made it quiet clear that he was unwilling so change his life so he can take over? What is Gustav supposed to do, let it all go down the drain?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 16,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
I'm not sure I understand you.

When Gustav is loving Carina are you then suggesting that he should marry some one else. And who should this unhappy woman be - living in a loveless marriage becuase of what?
michelleq, I think is trying to say that Gustav doesn't love Carina enough to marry her and throw away his inheritance and whatever he would loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yekaterina View Post
he should say bye bye to her and marry a noble woman like his grandfather said in last will. because if the poor woman wants children they will be born out of wedlock. and if they marry he loses everything. he should be more clever.
And where does love come into this?
Your saying he should basically marry to keep his inheritance.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:54 AM
sgl's Avatar
sgl sgl is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ~, United States
Posts: 4,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
What most don't take into account, what if the next heir (who would inherit if Gustav would marry) doesn't want to take over the estate and made it quiet clear that he was unwilling so change his life so he can take over? What is Gustav supposed to do, let it all go down the drain?
I think the next heir (Prince Robin?) is watching this closely and will enforce the will if Gustav marries. I've read this before but unfortunately I can't remember where I read this. I don't think it would go down the drain. To me, it seems that the estate is more important to him than marrying Carina. Or course, there's the added pressure of the fact that Gustav wouldn't be the only one "homeless" if he lost the estate. His parents and sister would be affected also.

(Of course, I highly doubt that they'd be living on the street if they lost Berleburg)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Benedikte's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
michelleq, I think is trying to say that Gustav doesn't love Carina enough to marry her and throw away his inheritance and whatever he would loose.



And where does love come into this?
Your saying he should basically marry to keep his inheritance.
Oh now I understand
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 01-08-2011, 08:06 PM
NotAPretender's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: WPB FL/Muttontown NY, United States
Posts: 858
I think that the article was more revealing than the subject intended for it to be. Essentially, Gustav's girlfriend is asserting her absolute dominion over the estate, indicating that a Royal princess has not kept up an estate (the comment about rooms being untouched since WWII) and that the same Royal princess (Benedikte) has no control over what the girlfriend chooses to do with the estate. Gustav's girlfriend further goes on to boast of her close relationship with the Crown Princely couple of Denmark while denigrating the sister of the Queen of Denmark (see my prior sentence) and finishes off by denigrating that Royal princess' husband, himself a Serene Highness. All in all, a very poor performance for someone who is living there at the sufferance of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatos View Post
I think the next heir (Prince Robin?) is watching this closely and will enforce the will if Gustav marries. I've read this before but unfortunately I can't remember where I read this. I don't think it would go down the drain.
The will is enforced under German law, not at the behest of individuals. I would be very curious as to your source for Prince Robin "enforcing" the will, as 1) it's not within his power; and 2) it benefits him not at all, as he is not the "next heir." He himself (Robin) married in contravention of the terms of the will; if Gustav dies without an heir, the estate passes to Prince Bernhard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
What most don't take into account, what if the next heir (who would inherit if Gustav would marry) doesn't want to take over the estate and made it quiet clear that he was unwilling so change his life so he can take over? What is Gustav supposed to do, let it all go down the drain?
The next heir is Prince Bernhard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein, who already manages a similar estate in size and complexity, is married in accordance with the terms of the will, and has a legitimate heir. Why do you surmise that he would 1) not be willing to take over or 2) would have to change his life to do so? It appears to me that taking over Berleberg would be a continuation of his existing life.

There's never a chance it would "go down the drain."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatos View Post
Or course, there's the added pressure of the fact that Gustav wouldn't be the only one "homeless" if he lost the estate. His parents and sister would be affected also.
Really? Can you please provide the source as to his parents being "homeless" should Gustav marry: where is this information coming from? (Generally speaking, in such circumstances where legatees have "obeyed" the rules of a legacy, provision is made for life estates of residency.) Please provide the source of your assertion that Gustav's parents will be "homeless." This is not the first time that this claim has been asserted here and I would like to see the source of it.

Finally, about Prince Richard: the man grew up in boarding schools; his father had gone missing and was not declared dead until decades afterward, and his mother not always in residence due to ill health. The reason he is sharing power with his son Gustav is that Richard was diagnosed with not just one, but two forms of cancer. If he is considered "difficult," then I say he has good and decent cause to be a bit on the cranky side. I suggest that someone who lives under his roof take the time to walk a mile in his shoes before spitting on his hospitality.
__________________
"Me, your Highness? On the whole, I wish I'd stayed in Tunbridge Wells"
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 01-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Benedikte's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 235
Well I've read the interview in Billedbladet and I thought nothing of the comments about Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard.

Prince Richard has a certain way of stating his mind according to himself on several occasions and according to princess Benedikte. He has always had this temper. Carina was just implying a well known fact.

Princess Benedikte has a lot of duties in Denmark and that is a fact also.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 03-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 2
They do make a lovely couple. Married or not, it's of no concern for ours.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 06-21-2011, 02:58 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Palm Springs, United States
Posts: 4,837
I highly doubt they will have children.She is in her 40s and it seems unlikely.I wonder what his parents think of that.

Oh,I wonder if they could change the law and pass it down to a female.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 08-03-2011, 07:36 PM
BurberryBrit's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: onthenet, United States
Posts: 1,440
This is a very strange, very sad situation. Carina has obviously decided that being with a Prince is more important than being Gustav's wife. I suspect if this was an ordinary man without the benefits that come along with dating Gustav (ie a castle, connection to the Danish royal family, etc), she would have left a long time ago. It's obvious that she puts up with being his official companion and not his wife because of who he is. Sometimes I feel bad for her but other times, I feel like she's made her choice.

Will they contest the will again?
__________________
Fr Gott, Frst und Vaterland

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 08-03-2011, 08:24 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Palm Springs, United States
Posts: 4,837
Since Prince Gustav is'nt going to be a king,I don't think they take marriage seriously.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
NotAPretender's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: WPB FL/Muttontown NY, United States
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
Will they contest the will again?
Unlikely.

I did notice that she was no longer wearing that ring he gave her.
__________________
"Me, your Highness? On the whole, I wish I'd stayed in Tunbridge Wells"
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 4,601
While waiting for the dinner to finish, let's have a translation.

Translation of Q&A in Billed Bladet #31, 2011. - Kindly requested by Gerry

Where a Susie Knvl is asking who will inherit Schloss Berleburg in case Prince Gustav has no heirs?

Jon Bloch Skipper replies:
The sisters of Prince Gustav, Alexandra and Nathalie do not have the right to inherit Schloss Berleburg. The large estates and companies of the (extended) family and the problematic will of the grandfather (farfar) still prevents him from being married to and having a family with Carina Axelsson.
If Gustav dies without any heirs, then the whole hulabaloo will presumably go to Prince Bernhart of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein, who is the head of a side branch of the family Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.
Prince Richard's (i.e. Gustav's father) younger brother, Robin, cannot take over Berleburg, because he has married beneath his position and that is against the stipulations/terms in the will.
Gustav and his family are working on having the will overruled at the German courts but that's a long and complicated proces.

- I guess the drama and suspense will continue for several episodes yet, eh Gerry?
A good thing mini-tyrants like the grandfather in question are rapidly dying out. To hell with the happiness of the grandchildren as long as the genetic purity of the clan is preserved. Heaven forbid any genetic riff-raff should dilute things a bit.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:27 AM
NotAPretender's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: WPB FL/Muttontown NY, United States
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
While waiting for the dinner to finish, let's have a translation.

Translation of Q&A in Billed Bladet #31, 2011. - Kindly requested by Gerry

Where a Susie Knvl is asking who will inherit Schloss Berleburg in case Prince Gustav has no heirs?

Jon Bloch Skipper replies:
The sisters of Prince Gustav, Alexandra and Nathalie do not have the right to inherit Schloss Berleburg. The large estates and companies of the (extended) family and the problematic will of the grandfather (farfar) still prevents him from being married to and having a family with Carina Axelsson.
If Gustav dies without any heirs, then the whole hulabaloo will presumably go to Prince Bernhart of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein, who is the head of a side branch of the family Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.
Prince Richard's (i.e. Gustav's father) younger brother, Robin, cannot take over Berleburg, because he has married beneath his position and that is against the stipulations/terms in the will.
Gustav and his family are working on having the will overruled at the German courts but that's a long and complicated proces.

- I guess the drama and suspense will continue for several episodes yet, eh Gerry?
A good thing mini-tyrants like the grandfather in question are rapidly dying out. To hell with the happiness of the grandchildren as long as the genetic purity of the clan is preserved. Heaven forbid any genetic riff-raff should dilute things a bit.
Thanks for the translation, Muhler. It seems that we have most definitely had it right all along.

I think it's important to note that the will could be overturned (not likely but it could be) but that the family is also subject to House laws (which we have discussed here before) that also govern marriages. Even in the unlikely event of the will being overturned, Axelsson is not "suitable" under House laws, either.

I'm of the mind that the whole "will overturning" thing is a red herring. Case law is firmly against them, and I am skeptical that they would waste assets attempting to do so when there is a second and more immovable object just behind it.
__________________
"Me, your Highness? On the whole, I wish I'd stayed in Tunbridge Wells"
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
Any chance there might be a "soap opera" or reality TV programme on the lives of the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg-Hohenstein etc.etc. royals ??
It would be so much more interesting than fiction....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Any chance there might be a "soap opera" or reality TV programme on the lives of the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg-Hohenstein etc.etc. royals ??
It would be so much more interesting than fiction....
german royals don't do that. they still have class enough. usually...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 08-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Princess Luna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 934
How old is Carina?
__________________

__________________
~ My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring ~ Prince William
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Joachim, Current Events Part 2: September 2005 - norwegianne Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 308 04-06-2014 05:44 PM
King Carl XVI Gustav and Queen Silvia: Current Events, Part 7 (Sept 2008 - May 2010) Her_Majesty Current Events Archive 412 05-03-2010 08:36 PM
Prince Gustav and Carina Axelsson, Current Events & Discussion 1; July 2007-Aug 2009 PrincessDianafan Current Events Archive 485 08-02-2009 08:36 AM
Prince Gustav of Berleburg, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2009 toniamw Current Events Archive 76 01-10-2009 11:08 AM
King Carl XVI Gustav and Queen Silvia; Current Events - Part 6 (Oct 2007 - Sept 2008) Marengo Current Events Archive 125 09-18-2008 03:03 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena jordans king king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]