The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Gentry

Unhappy

he should say bye bye to her and marry a noble woman like his grandfather said in last will. because if the poor woman wants children they will be born out of wedlock. and if they marry he loses everything. he should be more clever.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yekaterina View Post
he should say bye bye to her and marry a noble woman like his grandfather said in last will. because if the poor woman wants children they will be born out of wedlock. and if they marry he loses everything. he should be more clever.
As it happens he is loving Carina and finding love is worth more than any enheritance.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
As it happens he is loving Carina and finding love is worth more than any enheritance.
My opinion, to Gustav, love is not worth more than any inheritance, because he would had married her and let the castle go to the next heir.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq View Post
My opinion, to Gustav, love is not worth more than any inheritance, because he would had married her and let the castle go to the next heir.
I'm not sure I understand you.

When Gustav is loving Carina are you then suggesting that he should marry some one else. And who should this unhappy woman be - living in a loveless marriage becuase of what?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

What most don't take into account, what if the next heir (who would inherit if Gustav would marry) doesn't want to take over the estate and made it quiet clear that he was unwilling so change his life so he can take over? What is Gustav supposed to do, let it all go down the drain?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
I'm not sure I understand you.

When Gustav is loving Carina are you then suggesting that he should marry some one else. And who should this unhappy woman be - living in a loveless marriage becuase of what?
michelleq, I think is trying to say that Gustav doesn't love Carina enough to marry her and throw away his inheritance and whatever he would loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yekaterina View Post
And where does love come into this?
Your saying he should basically marry to keep his inheritance.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
What most don't take into account, what if the next heir (who would inherit if Gustav would marry) doesn't want to take over the estate and made it quiet clear that he was unwilling so change his life so he can take over? What is Gustav supposed to do, let it all go down the drain?
I think the next heir (Prince Robin?) is watching this closely and will enforce the will if Gustav marries. I've read this before but unfortunately I can't remember where I read this. I don't think it would go down the drain. To me, it seems that the estate is more important to him than marrying Carina. Or course, there's the added pressure of the fact that Gustav wouldn't be the only one "homeless" if he lost the estate. His parents and sister would be affected also.

(Of course, I highly doubt that they'd be living on the street if they lost Berleburg)
Old 01-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
michelleq, I think is trying to say that Gustav doesn't love Carina enough to marry her and throw away his inheritance and whatever he would loose.

And where does love come into this?
Your saying he should basically marry to keep his inheritance.
Oh now I understand
Old 01-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Courtier

I think that the article was more revealing than the subject intended for it to be. Essentially, Gustav's girlfriend is asserting her absolute dominion over the estate, indicating that a Royal princess has not kept up an estate (the comment about rooms being untouched since WWII) and that the same Royal princess (Benedikte) has no control over what the girlfriend chooses to do with the estate. Gustav's girlfriend further goes on to boast of her close relationship with the Crown Princely couple of Denmark while denigrating the sister of the Queen of Denmark (see my prior sentence) and finishes off by denigrating that Royal princess' husband, himself a Serene Highness. All in all, a very poor performance for someone who is living there at the sufferance of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatos View Post
I think the next heir (Prince Robin?) is watching this closely and will enforce the will if Gustav marries. I've read this before but unfortunately I can't remember where I read this. I don't think it would go down the drain.
The will is enforced under German law, not at the behest of individuals. I would be very curious as to your source for Prince Robin "enforcing" the will, as 1) it's not within his power; and 2) it benefits him not at all, as he is not the "next heir." He himself (Robin) married in contravention of the terms of the will; if Gustav dies without an heir, the estate passes to Prince Bernhard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
The next heir is Prince Bernhard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein, who already manages a similar estate in size and complexity, is married in accordance with the terms of the will, and has a legitimate heir. Why do you surmise that he would 1) not be willing to take over or 2) would have to change his life to do so? It appears to me that taking over Berleberg would be a continuation of his existing life.

There's never a chance it would "go down the drain."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatos View Post
Or course, there's the added pressure of the fact that Gustav wouldn't be the only one "homeless" if he lost the estate. His parents and sister would be affected also.
Really? Can you please provide the source as to his parents being "homeless" should Gustav marry: where is this information coming from? (Generally speaking, in such circumstances where legatees have "obeyed" the rules of a legacy, provision is made for life estates of residency.) Please provide the source of your assertion that Gustav's parents will be "homeless." This is not the first time that this claim has been asserted here and I would like to see the source of it.

Finally, about Prince Richard: the man grew up in boarding schools; his father had gone missing and was not declared dead until decades afterward, and his mother not always in residence due to ill health. The reason he is sharing power with his son Gustav is that Richard was diagnosed with not just one, but two forms of cancer. If he is considered "difficult," then I say he has good and decent cause to be a bit on the cranky side. I suggest that someone who lives under his roof take the time to walk a mile in his shoes before spitting on his hospitality.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Aristocracy

Well I've read the interview in Billedbladet and I thought nothing of the comments about Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard.

Prince Richard has a certain way of stating his mind according to himself on several occasions and according to princess Benedikte. He has always had this temper. Carina was just implying a well known fact.

Princess Benedikte has a lot of duties in Denmark and that is a fact also.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:40 PM

They do make a lovely couple. Married or not, it's of no concern for ours.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I highly doubt they will have children.She is in her 40s and it seems unlikely.I wonder what his parents think of that.

Oh,I wonder if they could change the law and pass it down to a female.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

This is a very strange, very sad situation. Carina has obviously decided that being with a Prince is more important than being Gustav's wife. I suspect if this was an ordinary man without the benefits that come along with dating Gustav (ie a castle, connection to the Danish royal family, etc), she would have left a long time ago. It's obvious that she puts up with being his official companion and not his wife because of who he is. Sometimes I feel bad for her but other times, I feel like she's made her choice.

Will they contest the will again?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Since Prince Gustav is'nt going to be a king,I don't think they take marriage seriously.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
Will they contest the will again?
Unlikely.

I did notice that she was no longer wearing that ring he gave her.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

While waiting for the dinner to finish, let's have a translation.

Translation of Q&A in Billed Bladet #31, 2011. - Kindly requested by Gerry

Where a Susie Knvl is asking who will inherit Schloss Berleburg in case Prince Gustav has no heirs?

Jon Bloch Skipper replies:
The sisters of Prince Gustav, Alexandra and Nathalie do not have the right to inherit Schloss Berleburg. The large estates and companies of the (extended) family and the problematic will of the grandfather (farfar) still prevents him from being married to and having a family with Carina Axelsson.
If Gustav dies without any heirs, then the whole hulabaloo will presumably go to Prince Bernhart of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein, who is the head of a side branch of the family Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.
Prince Richard's (i.e. Gustav's father) younger brother, Robin, cannot take over Berleburg, because he has married beneath his position and that is against the stipulations/terms in the will.
Gustav and his family are working on having the will overruled at the German courts but that's a long and complicated proces.

- I guess the drama and suspense will continue for several episodes yet, eh Gerry?
A good thing mini-tyrants like the grandfather in question are rapidly dying out. To hell with the happiness of the grandchildren as long as the genetic purity of the clan is preserved. Heaven forbid any genetic riff-raff should dilute things a bit.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
While waiting for the dinner to finish, let's have a translation.

Translation of Q&A in Billed Bladet #31, 2011. - Kindly requested by Gerry

Where a Susie Knvl is asking who will inherit Schloss Berleburg in case Prince Gustav has no heirs?

Jon Bloch Skipper replies:
The sisters of Prince Gustav, Alexandra and Nathalie do not have the right to inherit Schloss Berleburg. The large estates and companies of the (extended) family and the problematic will of the grandfather (farfar) still prevents him from being married to and having a family with Carina Axelsson.
If Gustav dies without any heirs, then the whole hulabaloo will presumably go to Prince Bernhart of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein, who is the head of a side branch of the family Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.
Prince Richard's (i.e. Gustav's father) younger brother, Robin, cannot take over Berleburg, because he has married beneath his position and that is against the stipulations/terms in the will.
Gustav and his family are working on having the will overruled at the German courts but that's a long and complicated proces.

- I guess the drama and suspense will continue for several episodes yet, eh Gerry?
A good thing mini-tyrants like the grandfather in question are rapidly dying out. To hell with the happiness of the grandchildren as long as the genetic purity of the clan is preserved. Heaven forbid any genetic riff-raff should dilute things a bit.
Thanks for the translation, Muhler. It seems that we have most definitely had it right all along.

I think it's important to note that the will could be overturned (not likely but it could be) but that the family is also subject to House laws (which we have discussed here before) that also govern marriages. Even in the unlikely event of the will being overturned, Axelsson is not "suitable" under House laws, either.

I'm of the mind that the whole "will overturning" thing is a red herring. Case law is firmly against them, and I am skeptical that they would waste assets attempting to do so when there is a second and more immovable object just behind it.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Any chance there might be a "soap opera" or reality TV programme on the lives of the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg-Hohenstein etc.etc. royals ??
It would be so much more interesting than fiction....
Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Any chance there might be a "soap opera" or reality TV programme on the lives of the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg-Hohenstein etc.etc. royals ??
It would be so much more interesting than fiction....
german royals don't do that. they still have class enough. usually...
Old 08-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Courtier

How old is Carina?