The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:10 AM
Nobility

That's true and they are a cute couple. About Tatiana and the cameras, that's just the sort of thing that appeals to me, it shows she's real, she's genuine, not someone who has to strike a pose whenever a photographer appears. Of course, as you say, it also means she seems more reserved when the lights are flashing and we have to catch her on the sly to see her looking really happy.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
Does he pronounce them in a more British way? Caroline supposedly has an English accent when speaking unlike Albert who sounds more American. Maybe that's it?
He pronounces them like a French person speaking English. It's difficult to understand his "th" sound because the French do not have it.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like when Andrea says 'specially' at 00.08 - 00.09. It's like he exagerates the pronunciation
Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with many that the AMADE trip to the Philippines (I can't spell!), where he spoke, he was definitely nervous, which made it all the more cute!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:35 AM
Nobility

That's one of the things I have always like about the Monegasque Princely Family (not that I'm criticizing anyone else), they seem the most 'real' if you know what I mean; they don't speak like someone who had tons of lessons in what to say, how to say it & all that. They may not all come off as "perfect" but they do seem to come off as being genuine and that's always refreshing.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Genuine! Yes! That's what they are and that's why I like them so much! I totally understand you, Bones. Andrea is so cute in that video!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Nobility

People are always more attractive when they are genuine and true to themselves.

No one likes a poser
Old 05-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know this is an old pic, from 2008, but I've never seen it here. I've searched, but I didn't see it. Anyway, it shows Tatiana's 'atributes'...I was searching for Tatiana's mother and I found the picture:
http://www.revistacuore.com/reportaj...008-55560.html

my real question was going to be: is this woman (the one in the middle) http://bloglog.globo.com/FCKeditor/U...age/liege2.JPG Tatiana's mother? because it looks like she has her own blog but under the name of liege monteiro. I'm confused

PD:The Moderators would see if Tatiana's picture has to be removed.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I know this is an old pic, from 2008, but I've never seen it here. I've searched, but I didn't see it. Anyway, it shows Tatiana's 'atributes'...I was searching for Tatiana's mother and I found the picture:
http://www.revistacuore.com/reportaj...008-55560.html

my real question was going to be: is this woman (the one in the middle) http://bloglog.globo.com/FCKeditor/U...age/liege2.JPG Tatiana's mother? because it looks like she has her own blog but under the name of liege monteiro. I'm confused

PD:The Moderators would see if Tatiana's picture has to be removed.
This woman isn't Vera Rechulski. Liege Monteiro is a brazilian actress if i'm not mistaken.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks, I think she isn't Vera either, I took a glance at what I posted days ago about Julio Mario's memorial service and I saw the picture of her, and I think is not, but thanks anyway
Old 05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Portraits of 'Fortune's Children' | vanityfair.com
This link shows Andrea's feature in the Vanity Fair Article as it appears in the magazine (Tatiana is pictured with him and with their dog Daphne!)

vanityfair.com
Old 05-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Commoner

From the Vanity fair page: Portraits of 'Fortune's Children' | vanityfair.com

Quote:
“I am also involved with amade [Association Mondiale des Amis de l’Enfance], which takes care of children around the world. I spent eight months in Africa—teaching in Senegal, Niger, and Togo.”

Whoa whoa whoa when did he spend eight months in Africa? Teaching no less...
Old 05-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks SugarBaby318 and LadyLove for the article of vanity fair! There was a time that I didn't know were Andrea has been, maybe it were those eights months he said he spend in Africa. So we can see that he actually does some job and is truly commited to AMADE. I'm so glad you guys posted this!
The portrait it's beautiful. The photographer does know how to capture their essence in this picture. They both seem so relaxed...I don't know, I can't explain myself very well. But, as I said about other recent pics, they look great!

PD: btw I didn't know that Tatiana was born in November 24th
Old 05-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

LOVE the formal portrait....interesting, and I wonder if it's (finally) leading up to something...we can only hope! Interesting comment on AMADE....I've never heard anywhere else (including the AMADE web page) that he routinely spends time in parts of Africa - teaching - if true, great! He does seem committed to that charity.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

wonderful pics of him and tatiana....what does he teach when he is in Africa?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by c. casiraghi View Post
It's actually not his nervousness that I'm talking about. He stresses syllables that are different from the American pronunciation. I'm a journalist so I'm quite interested in diction.

Also, after reading Charlotte's articles, she's not as fluent as I once thought. Lots of her adjectives and adverbs had mistakes. Once again, I'm a journalist so it was interesting to hear her voice in regards to her writing. Another thing that struck me is that her articles don't seem to be particularly proofread by editors so she must have had a byline.
I'm not sure where the idea that Charlotte is so fluent comes from. We've just heard her mumble something like "the car is over there" with something that seemed a very british accent. That's all. She probably catched the british intonation from her british boyfriend but it doesn't mean that her english is perfect.
Last year, while she was in London she went to some Chanel event and there was an article from a british journalist who said she spoke good english but she had a charming and distinctive french accent, and she pronounced Alex's sister's name "Alice" in a very french way.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas View Post
wonderful pics of him and tatiana....what does he teach when he is in Africa?
I agree. I would love to learn more about his charity work.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Aristocracy

I did see that spred in Vanity Fair on the next Generation of heirs following in their predecessors' foot steps or their places in life.

I never pay any attention or notice Andre but that certainly was a .lovely pix of him-he has such a calm and kind demeanor. And he looks, I imagine like his father, but certainly I saw his mother and her sibs in his face.

Teaching in Togo? I wonder did he know his first cousin's grandfather lives there. He probably doesn't even give the little o/w cousin a thought--probably.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Serene Highness

Any word or pictures on whether Andrea and Tatiana attended Cannes or Grand Prix?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

In this site Grand Prix Monaco Grand Prix F1, GP Tickets, Information it says that the dates for the Grand Prix are 21 to 24 May 2009 so we'll have to wait just a few days to see what happens, if they go or not. And for the Cannes Film Festival, I've found nothing about them

Closed Thread