Mette-Marit: Current Events, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lichtenstein; you are right. And I have told it many times before - it's better to focus on what she is actually doing instead of making comments about her bags, her dark clothes, her hairdo, posture or what ever ...

..she having a strong will to contribute in so many ways, and the fact that she is actually making awareness about this "problem" is, in my opinion, remarkable. She could stayed home, go to London or Paris for some shopping with her friend Marie-Chantal of Greece, but she prefered to make an effort for this seminar. And my experience is; where Royals are - there will be more publicity about the issues and causes they are attending. So look behind the bag, and ask yourself; would you either have a fancy bag - or more knowledges about (in this case) violence in close relations? And by the way; Mette-Marit is a woman with a lot of different interests, so if I know her correctly, that bag included a foldermate, a pen, and some papers. Just to pay attention, not only as a show for the gallery, but for use later.

You are very right, what is important is to draw attention on valuable causes... she seems very busy these days

Did Mette-Marit hold a speech during this event?
I have to say: of all CPs in Europe MM's engagements seem to be the most interesting ones to me.
I admire her for her fight against HIV/Aids and other social engagements, like women's rights.
IMO it's always very obvious how important those events are for her.
It's great to see her participating in seminars like this.

Did Mette-Marit hold a speech during this event?
I have to say: of all CPs in Europe MM's engagements seem to be the most interesting ones to me.
I admire her for her fight against HIV/Aids and other social engagements, like women's rights.
IMO it's always very obvious how important those events are for her.
It's great to see her participating in seminars like this.
I agree. Her engagements often seem to focus on issues that would not be considered "safe" for a crown princess to be involved in, such as gay rights, domestic violence, that sort of thing.

You're welcome to discuss Mette-Marit's purse and accessories in this thread and her outfit in this fashion thread in the Royal House of Fashion forum.

it is fascinating. Mette-Marit not only managed to turn her past from what appeared to be a liability (back then) to almost an asset for the royal family of Norway, but unlike other people in her position [Diana being a bright exception], she has adopted substantial, albeit not uniformly accepted and at times controversial, social issues as a cause to pursue.
She is a resolute woman. Good for her!

i know how strange it may seem to most people that mm is supporting such a non-traditional cause. however, i find it great. she is the first royal to do this and quite a pioneer, so i find it great that she put up courage to do it, since it was expected she would be critisized. my congrats and all the best in her support to the cause!

i know how strange it may seem to most people that mm is supporting such a non-traditional cause. however, i find it great. she is the first royal to do this and quite a pioneer, so i find it great that she put up courage to do it, since it was expected she would be critisized. my congrats and all the best in her support to the cause!

Right on!
Societal needs keep changing drastically and good monarchs are the ones who keep abreast with change.

I certainly applaud Mette-Marit for having the courage to support such a non-traditional cause.
Usually, the Princesses prefer more traditional and 'safe' options, like work connected with orphans or homeless.

It's really brave for the Princess to express her support for the cause.

I applaud her too being the first Princess to do so

Good for her,homosexuality is not a political issue it's a human issue.

it is fascinating. Mette-Marit not only managed to turn her past from what appeared to be a liability (back then) to almost an asset for the royal family of Norway, but unlike other people in her position [Diana being a bright exception], she has adopted substantial, albeit not uniformly accepted and at times controversial, social issues as a cause to pursue.
She is a resolute woman. Good for her!

I could not agree more!

MM started as the one who was almost unsuitable and obviously had problems with her role and what to make of it, she looked awkward and uncomforable in public and the only word that came to my mind when looking at her way to dress was FRUMPY!!!

Now, after just a few years and with the help & support of her husband & the Kings, what a change. MM developed into a self assured CP, not afraid of taking on unpopular subjects (because these issues are close to her heart and NOT because she's fishing for compliments) that become her own field of interest where she gets recognition & acceptance. Regarding her appearances, she obviously got some good advice on how to dress etc and looks something between appropriate and very nice these days.

She seems to have made peace with herself, her past and what can be called her future roadmap and if there was a poll about CPs and being content or satisfied with their lives / roles, I'd put MM on top of the leaderboard, together with Maxima. Now looking back, MM - unintentionally - enabled the monarchy to modernize and she and Haakon are one of the most settled CPs in Europe, again together with WA & Maxima.

ANP Beeldbank
Mette-Marit attended a showing of the film "Gender Me". The film is about homophobia and Islam.

лцфтафт said:
ANP Beeldbank
Mette-Marit attended a showing of the film "Gender Me". The film is about homophobia and Islam.

Once again Mette-Marit showed she is not afraid of attending not 'orthodox' engagements. I think many Princesses would be advised against attending the showing of the movie because of its dedication to Homophobia and Islam.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is always great to see Mette-Marit attending events like this!

Avalon said:
Once again Mette-Marit showed she is not afraid of attending not 'orthodox' engagements. I think many Princesses would be advised against attending the showing of the movie because of its dedication to Homophobia and Islam.
That's exactly what I thought too. ;)

Watermark-free picture from Kongehuset:
kongehuset.no - Homofili og islam

Last edited:
I think it is wonderful that she attended the showing of this film. Homophobia is a terrible thing, and I salute the Crown Princess for not being afraid to see this film.:flowers:

Good for her,homosexuality is not a political issue it's a human issue.

My thoughts exactly! It is wonderful that she is lending support for gay rights. It is about time that we start seeing royals and other world leaders taking a stand against intolerance and homophobia. Mette-Marit is an outstanding example of what a crown princess should be.

I wonder what is happening with Princess Mette Marit.
They have cancelled today the meeting with the Crown Prince Haakon and Crwon Princess Mett-Marit Fundation at 15:00h

I hope she is not very ill. In any case I hope she feels better soon:flowers:

Does anybody know if Mette-Marit is still ill ?

Maybe we will hear something soon that it isn't stomach flu, I would love to see another norweign baby. I know it is just hoping on my part but I would love it.

I very much hope too, she makes such beautiful babies !

Given that the Norwegian court announced MM's last pregnancy fairly early in the process because of her illnesses connected to it, but as well as it is flu season - I suggest we wait and see :flowers:

I'm sorry I cant translate it (dont speak the language and for the first time online translation sites have failed me completely...)
But I have used posts by other posters to get to the English frontpage of the site and their royalty page here - maybe you'll be able to find the article again?

Good luck, I hope this helps Paty

Thaks for you help marmi, unfortunately nothing on the English web about this new.

I found this, can someone traslate?
Fant ingen tyster

Thanks!
I am not sure, but it says something about corrupt policemen who sold information about Mette-marit and her family to the gossip magazine Se&Hør. At least this is what Ingelin Killengreen says.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom