Crown Princess Mette-Marit Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
231px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Princes_and_of_Princesses_of_Norway.svg.png

Arms of the Crown Princess of Norway

Welcome to Crown Princess Mette-Marit Jewels, Part 2

Commencing January 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Märtha's diamond and pearl earrings

Tonight, Crown Princess Mette-Marit debuted in the diamond and pearl earrings which where on lifetime loan with Princess Ragnhild. Wonderful to see more heirlooms reappear. And I think we will see more the next year.
https://preview.sdl.no/v1/no/xR_7Tst9faZAM-m2YJliSQ/QrrjJLiVmKA

Those earrings would be a perfect match with Ingrids Bouchron pearl circle tiara. Its great to see the jewels of Princess Ragnhid back in rotation again on the royal women, and not in an auctions where they could have been easily been, had they not made such a sensible agreement.

If she dont debut Queen Mauds grand diamond tiara for her 50th birthday next year I guess it will stay in the vault forever...:whistling:(or for Charles coronation if it is a tiara event)

The dress is crying out for a brooch on the sash

Those earrings would be a perfect match with Ingrids Bouchron pearl circle tiara. Its great to see the jewels of Princess Ragnhid back in rotation again on the royal women, and not in an auctions where they could have been easily been, had they not made such a sensible agreement.

If she dont debut Queen Mauds grand diamond tiara for her 50th birthday next year I guess it will stay in the vault forever...:whistling:(or for Charles coronation if it is a tiara event)

The dress is crying out for a brooch on the sash

Maybe we will see the "usual" diamond and pearl brooch of Princess Ragnhild and the tiara for the 50th celebration next year. In August 2023, it is also 30 years ago, the last time the big diamond tiara was worn!

Maybe we will see the "usual" diamond and pearl brooch of Princess Ragnhild and the tiara for the 50th celebration next year. In August 2023, it is also 30 years ago, the last time the big diamond tiara was worn!

I believe that the Princess Ragnhild's diamond tiara was given from Harald and Sonja to Ingrid-Alexandra on occasion of her 18th birthday.

I believe that the Princess Ragnhild's diamond tiara was given from Harald and Sonja to Ingrid-Alexandra on occasion of her 18th birthday.

Princess Ragnhild's Boucheron Circle tiara from her grandmother Ingeborg, that now belongs to Ingrid Alexandra, is not the same as Queen Maud's diamond tiara, that hasn't been seen in decades.

Princess Ragnhild's Boucheron Circle tiara from her grandmother Ingeborg, that now belongs to Ingrid Alexandra, is not the same as Queen Maud's diamond tiara, that hasn't been seen in decades.

What I mean is that or King Harald gave the Queen Maud Diamond Tiara to Ingrid Alexandra, along with the Boucheron Circle Tiara or Crown Princess Mette-Marit is waiting the right moment to use this tiara.

Last edited:
What I mean is that or King Harald gave the Queen Maud Diamond Tiara to Ingrid Alexandra, along with the Boucheron Circle Tiara or Crown Princess Mette-Marit is waiting the right moment to use this tiara.

I don't think MM will wear Maud's diamond tiara. At least not anytime soon. She simply doesn't like or can't deal with heavier pieces, so she sticks to her smaller ones.

It is also a lot of diamonds for a young princess (though probably not more than Elisabeth's Vestey?), so we'll have to see if IA ever has an occasion where her current tiara just doesn't work.

The Boucheron Circle Tiara is given to Ingrid Alexandra from the family of Ragnhild as it's her will, rather than from King Harald.

https://www.royalcourt.no/nyhet.html?tid=212476&sek=27262&scope=27248

I doubt Queen Maud's Diamond Tiara is given to IA as another 18th birthday gift by Harald. The palace has mentioned that she received a heirloom bracelet (which used to be owned by Ragnhild but she passed it back to Harald after her death) from Harald. If the diamond tiara is in same situation, I think they would mention that as well. (But that doesn't rule out the possibility of IA receiving that in future ;)) Anyway I think it's a good opportunity for M-M to debut that for her and Haakon's 50th birthday or Charles' coronation next year (though I wish she would borrow the grand Emerald from Sonja to continue the "tradition"). But I don't think my wish would come true :whistling:.

Back to the earrings, when I saw IA received the circle tiara, I wished she has received those beautiful classic pearl earrings as well. Good to see it does go back to the NRF's vault.

Last edited:
The Boucheron Circle Tiara is given to Ingrid Alexandra from the family of Ragnhild as it's her will, rather than from King Harald.

https://www.royalcourt.no/nyhet.html?tid=212476&sek=27262&scope=27248

I doubt Queen Maud's Diamond Tiara is given to IA as another 18th birthday gift by Harald. The palace has mentioned that she received a heirloom bracelet (which used to be owned by Ragnhild but she passed it back to Harald after her death) from Harald. If the diamond tiara is in same situation, I think they would mention that as well. (But that doesn't rule out the possibility of IA receiving that in future ;)) Anyway I think it's a good opportunity for M-M to debut that for her and Haakon's 50th birthday or Charles' coronation next year (though I wish she would borrow the grand Emerald from Sonja to continue the "tradition"). But I don't think my wish would come true :whistling:.

Back to the earrings, when I saw IA received the circle tiara, I wished she has received those beautiful classic pearl earrings as well. Good to see it does go back to the NRF's vault.

Let's wait:flowers:

Let's wait:flowers:

I believe that Mette-Marit is waiting the right moment to wear the Queen Maud Diamond Tiara, for example: state banquets or birthday galas.

Mette Marit's tiara appearances of 2022:

1 2

One could hope CP Mette-Marit finally has gotten over her fear of acessories, the classic pearl necklace gave the outfit a lift needed for such an occasion. I wonder if this is also after Princess Ragnhild?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cne2zsIsYSm/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

She wore it the day before also but then she has attached her modern pendant with a H to it, and it looked less sucessful

Last edited:
One could hope CP Mette-Marit finally has gotten over her fear of acessories, the classic pearl necklace gave the outfit a lift needed for such an occasion. I wonder if this is also after Princess Ragnhild?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cne2zsIsYSm/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

She wore it the day before also but then she has attached her modern pendant with a H to it, and it looked less sucessful

The Pearls were gorgeous and I agree really added to her look.

Mette-Marit wore her Amethyst Necklace Tiara tonight:

Pic

Crown Princess Mette-Marit's tiara appearances of 2023:

1 2 3

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway wore a pearl necklace with an heart with a letter "H" while received representatives of Kirkens SOS and the Norwegian Rheumatism Association - 22.01.24
Pic

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway wore a pearl necklace with an heart with a letter "H" when receiving representatives of Kirkens SOS and the Norwegian Rheumatism Association - 22.01.24
Pic
:heartflower::twohearts::heart1:

Crown Princess Mette Marit does not have enough jewellery IMO.

Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway wore Queen Sonja’s Amethyst Necklace Tiara for the banquet during the state visit from Tanzania at the Royal Palace in Oslo, Norway on 13 February 2024.
Pic

Is she wearing drops from the amethyst set with her long diamond earrings, the ones that usually have pearl drops? Is this a new combination

Is she wearing drops from the amethyst set with her long diamond earrings, the ones that usually have pearl drops? Is this a new combination

Yes, first time she does this combination.

That does appear to be the case.

I am afraid the amethyst suite is looking pretty lacklustre: insubstantial sized diamonds, small necklace (which I know is put together using bracelets). I know the NRF can do better, please provide the Crown Princess with something better and more substantial to wear!

Well she could use it as it is intended, as a necklace and not a tiara, it works better as that. However considering that Mette-Marit is totally opposed to showing any skin, and all her gowns the last ten years are high and round neck, there is really no use for necklaces for her at all.

Back
Top Bottom