The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cambridge's Fashion and Style, Part 1: May 2011 - June 2011

Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Fashion and Style, Part 1

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
dazzling, JessRulz and iceflower

Old 04-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Please note, a specific thread for the discussion on the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress can be found in the wedding forum:

Catherine Middleton's Wedding Dress

Old 04-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Royal Highness

I liked the second dress- those aren't nipples it's the Puckering of the bodice, bad placement I agree but....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...elicopter.html

First pictures of her first outfit as a Duchess- looove the color of the dress and the belt, that's very fashionable now....the blazer is ok but the belt and dress color make this a fabulous outfit IMO :)
Old 05-01-2011, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

April 30, 2011 - The morning after the wedding, Kate in a blue dress matched with a lovely boxy black jacket & a black belt.

A very pretty dress, the color is lovely perfect for the season, I wished she hadn't worn black a day after her wedding (my regions tradition is to wear bright colors for a while as you are newly bride) but I did like the cut of the jacket & it did suit her..

Full view ** Close up
Old 05-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I felt like she shouldn't have worn black either. I'm very particular about colors and all that.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I liked her outfit a lot, the floaty chiffon type skirt was beautiful and the colour was stunning.

However, and this is a biggie . . . . never ask you husband if you look okay. The poor woman's lovely chiffon skirt was hitched higher at the back than it was at the front!

Never mind. Our Catherine is a very quick learner and I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing that again.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
April 30, 2011 - The morning after the wedding, Kate in a blue dress matched with a lovely boxy black jacket & a black belt.

A very pretty dress, the color is lovely perfect for the season, I wished she hadn't worn black a day after her wedding (my regions tradition is to wear bright colors for a while as you are newly bride) but I did like the cut of the jacket & it did suit her..

Full view ** Close up
I like this dress a lot, color is very nice. The jacket is really well tailored. Whole outfit very in her style.
It was nice to see them holding their hands first time in public.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I liked her outfit a lot, the floaty chiffon type skirt was beautiful and the colour was stunning.

However, and this is a biggie . . . . never ask you husband if you look okay. The poor woman's lovely chiffon skirt was hitched higher at the back than it was at the front!

Never mind. Our Catherine is a very quick learner and I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing that again.
Have I missed that?
Old 05-01-2011, 08:13 AM

I mean she is a duchess...sorry for my mistake!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:

Full view ** Close up
Love the dress. She looks very nice.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Full view ** Close up

The dress is from high street spanish chain Zara and wedges from LK Bennett (the same ones she wore at the final wedding rehersal two days previous)
Kate Middleton is the people's princess as she steps out in High Street for first day as a Royal | Mail Online

Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Please note, a specific thread for the discussion on the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress can be found in the wedding forum:

Catherine Middleton's Wedding Dress
Multiple posts have been moved to the above thread.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I am crazy for that little blazer/jacket...perfect fit!

The dress is nice, but seen from the back or the side it rides up slightly...the back is shorter than the front!?

However, the overall look of the outfit is very casual chic!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Courtier

Boring boring boring.
The article refers to her as the people's princess. She has a long way to go b4 she truly earns that title me thinks.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
The dress is from high street spanish chain Zara and wedges from LK Bennett (the same ones she wore at the final wedding rehersal two days previous)
Kate Middleton is the people's princess as she steps out in High Street for first day as a Royal | Mail Online
Pleated Dress from Zara:
PLEATED DRESS - Dresses - Collection - Woman - ZARA Hungary
Old 05-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujean View Post
Boring boring boring.
The article refers to her as the people's princess. She has a long way to go b4 she truly earns that title me thinks.
OMG...that cringe worthy phrase again..here we go again!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujean
Boring boring boring.
Very very long way.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's nice but nothing special I agree a bit boring here
Old 05-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Courtier

The Duchess dresses appropriately for her position and I don't think it is going to change.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Heir Apparent

We are used to see Zara and Mango dress here...Zara and Mango have such lovely pieces we only must know how to choose...the dress is lovely..a casual but also elegant and chic dress...just like the Duchess is...and I hope she never changes...she must be exactly what she is and what she likes to wear...as long as she is well dress she should keep her style always!!