The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

This is a joke right?! No woman not on a stage taking her clothes off for money or looking for a man at a club would wear those shoes.
This has to be a gag; was this printed on April 1st?

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

First thing I did was to check the date; unfortunately, it was printed a month too late!
Mind you, certain fashion victims might consider wearing those to feel "fashion forward".

Old 05-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Royal Highness

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever who this so-called designer of shoes is and have never heard of him, but I would add that : -
A) it is less likely now than ever that Catherine will ever wear his shoes
B) if he had the wits to send her a pair of STYLISH shoes on approval she might have started wearing his designs
C) his shoes designs would indeed look perfect on a drag-artist or at least on the feet of a tarty landlady running a cheap B&B in the 1970's
D) The photo of him carrying a fashion award is superb.......I presume he gave the award back to the person he was kindly carrying it for...
Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope Catherine stays away from those shoes. I can't even picture Kim Kardashian wearing those.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Perfect point!!!!! I think he has the same problem, that Vivienne Westwood had last year. KATE IS NOT BYING FROM THEM!
Absolutely!
Kate wears sensible comfortable clothes.
She is trying not to be the center of attention for her clothes, and I think that's a positive.

I've liked some of her choices, disliked others, but I've never thought she looked unsuitable for any event she attended.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
This is a joke right?! No woman not on a stage taking her clothes off for money or looking for a man at a club would wear those shoes.
This has to be a gag; was this printed on April 1st?
Those shoes are the footwear equivalent of the silly hats these women wear. I still like the fuzzy, pearly things tho. As objects of design. I might even wear them to a party with a little black dress.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I have absolutely no idea whatsoever who this so-called designer of shoes is and have never heard of him, but I would add that : -
A) it is less likely now than ever that Catherine will ever wear his shoes
B) if he had the wits to send her a pair of STYLISH shoes on approval she might have started wearing his designs
C) his shoes designs would indeed look perfect on a drag-artist or at least on the feet of a tarty landlady running a cheap B&B in the 1970's
D) The photo of him carrying a fashion award is superb.......I presume he gave the award back to the person he was kindly carrying it for...
This had me nodding and giggling. Great points (the last one is my favorite though) .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes I also think that she doesn't want to be the center of the attention because of her clothes..she has, until now, chosen the right clothes, not too mucht, but perfect!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I love Kate's shoes. I think they are classy and elegant. I am glad she (and other royals) does not wear flashy shoes!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Duchess of Cambridge Voted The Most Fashionable Royal Female - Telegraph
Old 05-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Courtier

Kate Middleton's fashion hits and misses in pictures
Kate Middleton's fashion hits and misses in pictures - Fashion Galleries - Telegraph

I agree about all the hits and misses, a part for her jeans with flower shirt, I love them, also I like the cream coat in the picture with Camilla, the dress worn in the dinner of her wedding, the flowry blue coat, I don't see why they are misses?

After her wedding dress, my favourite evening gown is the one in black lace fabric with white tone under it.

For day wear, I like the most the deep blue coat with gold buttons, and the deep marine blue suit. For casual wear, I love the jeans with the shirt.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

The only thing that stands out about Kate's shoes are that they have a rather tall heel. She is already a tall woman and when she couples them with those shoes she tends to tower over about 50% of the people she is around. It is even more noticeable when she was working with the Queen who is a short lady.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I love Kate's shoes. I think they are classy and elegant. I am glad she (and other royals) does not wear flashy shoes!
I agree, her shoes are classy, elegant and usually nuetral so they go with everything. I really love her style.
They save the flashiness for the headgear, instead!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Courtier

Those hit and miss pictures. I think the editor just wanted to throw in a few misses for effect.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:56 AM
Royal Highness

I agree With All Hit But Not agree With all Miss , and I Really Think She’s Most Or On Of The Most Fashionable Royal Female , I Vote For The Best Fashionable Royal Females Duchess Of Cambrige and Princess Letizia They are The Best In my Taste . Thank you All for Posting .
Old 05-04-2012, 06:50 AM

I agree totally with Jack, she will never wear those awful shoes
She has far to much taste

Well said Jack...l
Old 05-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Absolutely!
Kate wears sensible comfortable clothes.
She is trying not to be the center of attention for her clothes, and I think that's a positive.

I've liked some of her choices, disliked others, but I've never thought she looked unsuitable for any event she attended.
You said all!!

Afterall, she choose to be elegant but not more. She does not want to be a clothe's horse!! She does not forget that one day she will be the Queen of England !!! (not Miss Universe)
Old 05-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Majesty

I posted this in the 'Current Events' thread as well.

Kate Middleton style: Flesh-toned tights sales soar 500% thanks to Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Serene Highness

imo i dont think kate is trying to be a trend sitter but she is
Old 05-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I believe anything she puts on will set a trend, whether unintentionally or not. It's just the result of her popularity and influence on a lot of people.