The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I've decided that particular posters will go out of their way to find fault with Kate. It's like when she wears bright colours she's inappropriate, but when she wears quieter colours she's boring. I think it's mostly jealousy.
I don't think it jealousy (for some of them maybe), but they have decide they won't ever like what she wears (don't like Kate) no matter what.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Respectfully, I don't think criticising Kate or what she wears equals jealousy.
I like her and usually am a keen follower of her fashion; however, that doesn't mean I must fawn over every single outfit she wears. I dislike this ensemble and stated so. There is a big difference between "haters" and criticism.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I don't think it jealousy (for some of them maybe), but they have decide they won't ever like what she wears (don't like Kate) no matter what.
It tends to be those who are big fans of other royal ladies who take issue with everything Kate wears. That's where I think jealousy comes into it - Kate gets more press attention than probably all other female royals combined at the moment.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Majesty

I'm not loving the outfit, but it is appropriate for the event, especially since she was taking part in playing some hockey. I do like the look of the hoodie, red jeans and sneakers better than the heels and blazer look though. It made her look younger, and more carefree.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I dont really care for her outfit, she looks casual, sporty and able to move around while playing hockey. The only downside is why the open hair? She could've easily put it in a bun.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate wore a lovely grey dress for the visit to The Prince's Foundation for Children and The Arts at Dulwich Picture Gallery with Prince Charles and Camilla.
I love this dress! It's really elegant with interesting details (the neckline). The shoes and bag go nicely with the look as well.
Now THIS was a fashion win for me.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Majesty

Oh, I do love the grey dress. Totally makes up for the outfit earlier in the day. Very, very elegant and classy, but simple too.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
It tends to be those who are big fans of other royal ladies who take issue with everything Kate wears. That's where I think jealousy comes into it - Kate gets more press attention than probably all other female royals combined at the moment.
Maybe, I've seen some criticize Kate and yet praise other royal ladies for wearing similar style, length and colors of outfits and the same heels or other high heels
Old 03-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

The grey dress is lovely.I love the interesting details on it.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is Orla Kiely again.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely indeed, adorable, not to pretentious and she looks very well for the ocassion, she dresses acoording to her age and status...a big Yes!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful dress, perfection IMO.

I think some people who come to these threads should actually be in fan only Catherine sites. This is a fashion thread people don't have love everything she wears. Everyone has their own tastes; that's the beauty of discussion forum such as these. I really think Catherine is lovely and dresses well but that doesn't mean
I like everything she wears. This is fashion thread; it's totally not that serious a discussion to be so bent out of shape over criticism.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

I LOVE the dress! It would've been stunning in a jewel tone color. Just my thought.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

The grey dress is a PERFECT appearance!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Beautiful dress, perfection IMO.

I think some people who come to these threads should actually be in fan only Catherine sites. This is a fashion thread people don't have love everything she wears. Everyone has their own tastes that's the beauty of a discussion forum such as these. I really think Catherine is lovely and dresses well but that doesn't mean
I like everything she wears. This is fashion thread; it's totally not that serious a discussion to be so bent out of shape over criticism.
I fully agree with you. I have nothing personal against Kate; why should I since I don't even know her? Whatever opinions I have are objective and based on fashion and that alone; critiquing her outfits, makeup, hairstyle etc. doesn't mean I'm jealous or a hater. I have the same attitude that most of posters here have which is to comment on her look, and I never do it in a rude or derogatory manner.

Be that as it may, I liked both of today's looks. Maybe the heels weren't compatible with the sporty jeans and blazer when she first appeared and flats would have looked better, but when she changed into her sweatshirt and sneakers for the hockey session she blended right in with the event. And I liked the red jeans; it was a fun event and other players were wearing bright red shorts so she fit in. Of course, pulling her hair back in a ponytail would have really been more appropriate for the occasion.

The gray outfit is elegant, fresh and chic with nice detail at the neckline, and I like the full skirt. Pulling her hair back would have showcased the neckline better. Here, her hemline looks fine since it's a loose skirt and she'd have ease of movement with bending and sitting, and it wouldn't raise up too high. I like her black clutch and shoes, and am so glad she wore flesh-toned hosiery instead of opaque tights (that's if she was wearing hosiery at all). A great look today; she seems to favor gray, though, and I want to see her more in bright jewel tones.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I guess I'm alone because I really like this outfit. The red jeans are cute and I thought her outfit really fit the occasion.

Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, joins British Olympic team for game of hockey | Mail Online

See, I thought Charlene looked odd playing volleyball in that over-sized coat.
No you're not alone - I thought it was great. Colourful and suitable for the occasion. Really pleased that she met up with the hockey teams because over herre it is a minority sport that gets little recognition and struggles for sponsorship.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Serene Highness

She looked great here throughout the event. I like her red jeans, but damn is it hard to find really nice ones.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

I love the grey dress, the black flower application saves it from being boring. Too bad the hair almost covers everything up, a bun would have been much nicer!
http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/pub/21p...-Gallery-1.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Eb2NKzra0M.../s1600/dp2.jpg
Old 03-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Kate wore a lovely grey dress for the visit to The Prince's Foundation for Children and The Arts at Dulwich Picture Gallery with Prince Charles and Camilla.
:
Very elegant! As a matter of fact I think it is one of my favourites so far.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is attractive (reminds me of the green one she has); however, I'd prefer a different color.
I'm not a huge fan of gray, although both Kate and Sophie seem to love it.

Tags
fashion, kates fashion