The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 4: August 2011 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Kate dress,hate Pippa dress.I don't like the way both of them wear their head pieces.

White sweater, black pants. The boots give it some oomph, IMO.

I like. Casual but still elegant.

Yes, those boots really ratchet the look up a notch. Black and white is such an elegant combo, even when casual. Kate really looks good there.

Last edited:
Kate Middleton Wanted For Vogue Cover, Sources Say

I hope this is the appropriate thread for this article. But if Kate were to pose for Vogue would I want to see her on American or British Vogue?

This is what I found on my twitter regarding this piece of news:

RoyalReporter Richard Palmer
St James's Palace says the Duchess of Cambridge has no plans to pose for a Vogue cover shoot despite reports to the contrary in the US.

I somehow think it will be awhile before we see Kate posing for magazine shoots. I doubt cover photos are part of the agenda at this point; that will really thrust her into the limelight which isn't the plan. I'd be really surprised if this happened.

The white and black outfit is nice, very Kate and casual. The top/sweater looks very warming IMO.

I just heard that kate was wanted for Vouge but they are saying that she will not be doing photo shoots in the future -enews

personally I think that Kate has style abs is photogenic and would look great in magazine because even crown princess Mary of Denmark has been in magazines and why not Kate ? She is popular around the world because of her royal wedding.

I like the cut and color of the jacket, and think the polka dots on the skirt are pretty cute. A pencil skirt will be extremely flattering for her figure, though she has to be careful with her choice of blouse with that color. I'm not too crazy about the earrings, both the ones she bought and those she rejected.

Last edited:
I like the cut and color of the jacket, and think the polka dots on the skirt are pretty cute. She has to be careful with her choice of blouse with that, though. I'm not too crazy about the earrings, both the ones she bought and those she rejected.

With you on the earrings. Both are just too much. I think if she wore a white blouse with that jacket it'd be fine. White is a safe color with something like that (or so it seems to me, but I'm not a fashion wiz, so I may very well be wrong).

Yes, she'd definitely be safe with a white blouse for both skirt and jacket.

I could actually see a soft champagne coloured blouse with the polka dot skirt and a smart double breasted black jacket. A simple yet chic look for any royal.

Who says she was buying them for herself? And who also says Kate will wear these clothes in public? Maybe she was buying gifts or making purchases for her 'working from home' wardrobe...comfy but casual, smart but not stiff...

:flowers:well the pencil skirt is lovely and elegant but the jacket is poor fabric...I don't like it al all!!!

I hope she doesn't wear the skirt and jacket together. Separately, they are nice pieces. The skirt would look great with a black cashmere twinset. The jacket would be good with a short black circle skirt to soften the boxyness. As for the jacket looking like cheap material; well, you get what you pay for. When you're the stay-at-home spouse of a soldier, I guess you can't do couture. Those feather thingie earrings are really beyond cheap looking.

I hope this frugalness is not a sign that she is bored and is doing theraputic shopping. I'm not going to speculate...

I think it's a great look. But I wish she would do something with her hair. :whistling:

I like that she's keeping her appearance understated for this event. She looks elegant and comfortable too.

I really like the dress. Wonder how old it is? It does not appear in the current Wakeley collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom