The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Duchess of Cambridge in a green Eponine dress for primary school visits for Children's Mental Health Week today, February 5:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Last edited:

The Duchess of Cambridge in a green Eponine dress for primary school visits for Children's Mental Health Week today, February 5:

I LOVE the colour and those boots are divine, but the cut is quite simply and the odd pockets look weird.

Catherine is favouring this dress & tights look lately and I would like her to branch out a bit. Perhaps it’s just the season.

PERFECTION! I love the color, I love how it sits on her, love the cut and the odd pockets!
Loving the shoes. Do we have an identification on them? (Though I doubt I can afford them). - I also like the black and white Mary-Jane the woman next to her in the 2nd pic is wearing.

Not quite feeling the black tights this time.. it actually takes away from the outfit. A different color would have worked better.

Found the boots! (Thanks daily mail)
https://www.lkbennett.com/product/SAMARISSASUEDEBlackBlack~Marissa-Black-Suede-Ankle-Boots-Black
They’re already out of stock in most sizes!!! Including mine.

Last edited:
Vibrant dress, and I love her boots.
It's a great choice for the occasion.

Catherine's pockets are looking at me.

I love the color, and the more I look at the overall effect the more I like it. Her Eponine clothing always has a little twist to it, and while I was unsure if I liked this one when I saw the first photos, every time I come back to take another look, the more appealing I find it.

Love the color of the dress. The unusual cut of the pockets makes the dress more fun and interesting imo.

Love the boots.

Yes such little “twists” make all the difference. I love everything about this look from head to toe or should I say from earrings to ankle boots .

Didn’t quite noticed the ratings before.. they’re very lovely, and when you take them in with the color of the dress... leaf earring with a green dress!

I absolutely love everything about this look. She looks fabulous in that bright green even though she doesn't wear it very often. Love the dress, the boots, all of it. Definitely a winning look!

Kate has so much nicer green dresses than this shapeless green sack and all I can think of is Kermit the Frog, it's a miss, sorry.

This is a truly and deeply ugly dress :( Literally, nothing redeemable about it. This is not her color at all (she rocks forest green though) and the shapelessness of the dress doesn't do her any favors. Complete miss for me.

LOVE those boots though. Not her usual style.

Not a fan. It looks like the dress is wearing her instead of the other way around. Haven't seen an angle yet in which it cuts a nice figure.

Duke of Marmelade probably described it best: "shapeless green sack"

Nonetheless, I guess it's rather practical and season appropriate.

Kate has so much nicer green dresses than this shapeless green sack and all I can think of is Kermit the Frog, it's a miss, sorry.

I like Kermit - we graduated from the same university. :lol:

About Kate's dress. It isn't too bad but those weird pockets with the buttons look like eyes. Think cartoons - eyes looking through a hole in a wall. The boots on the other hand are hideous and spoil the whole look.

The pockets are creeping me out. It makes it look like there are eyes on her dress.

I love the dress colour & the boots - it's a good look for visiting a primary school as it's bright & not too tight to bend down in.

This dress is absolute crap. It does nothing for her figure. A shapeless, straight sack that should go into the charity bin, I hate it that much. The shoes are cute though.

I also think the dark tights/pantyhose and this bright neon colored dress don't really match well.

The best thing about this outfit are her tights. This dress is absolutely hideous, and wearing it with non-decrepit combat boots does it absolutely no justice. I'd rather her stick to her IMO boring style than trying to venture out fashion wise and failing miserable.

Also have to state, I would love the boots if it was with an appropriate outfit, and this is not it.

Not a good look whatsoever.

Not my favorite look at all. I think what's throwing off the dress for me are the buttons on the pocket. Without those, I think the dress would have looked better. I do love the boots though and don't mind them being paired with tights.

Not a fan of this outfit,the dress and boots don't compliment each other .

A lot of different opinions on this look. I love the color, any boucle on her, the hairdo, earrings and the boots. The thick black tights detract from the look. Sheer or a sheer black would have been better. The buttons were a nice touch for,a school visit

Today is a day I actually wish she stuck with her boring style :ohmy:

This is just a shapeless sack with eyes. The buttons look like bug eyes looking back :lol:

The fabric does it no justice. I don't know what it reminds me, but the fabric is just odd to me. And the color isn't even that great. If it was at least a nice bright green, it might add a pop.

The military booties are just the finishing touch to a bad look.

Never thought I would say this, but if this is what we get when she ventures out of her box, maybe I can live with her dull wardrobe of coat dresses.

When I saw the first pictures of Kate's green dress last night, my first thought was that something was staring at me.

That thought has not gone away.

I wouldn't even donate the dress. Burn it Kate, burn it.

I love it. It's cute as heck, approachable and has more than a hint of whimsy on a day out with kids. And you can't miss her in a long shot!

She looks great in green. We call this "Masters Green" in the US. Fore! :lol:

Love the color...like the boot and clutch. Not a fan of the shapeless sack dress. Not a great fabric either.

Hope this one goes to the donation box.

LaRae

I absolutely LOVE this look from Kate!!! It is fabulous!! The thing I love about Kate's style is when I think I have figured it out, she goes and surprises me. The dress color, fabric, and style is wonderful. The length of it goes perfect with her boots, which are awesome!!

Last edited:
This outfit certainly is polarising. I myself like it, boots and all.

I don't like the overall look. Color is very nice but the dress is shapeless like a sack. I love the boots and the black tights, but they don't go well with the dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom