The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
you're right. I think that will be put aside for the children. Certainly wont touch the capital.
Yes for the ones that will be the 'spares' ...George shouldn't have need of it.

LaRae

Old 07-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
I liked the blue print dress, the pink dress and this lovely white one. Glad we get to see it again! Her hair is pretty, but I do wish she's cut a few inches off. There's long and then there's too long

I was wondering why Kate doesn't braid her hair sometimes, at least for casual events? A French braid, or perhaps a single side braid, would give her a different look, and be pretty.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
No. She and William are funded through Charles. He pays for everything to do with their royal life. (and possibly more). And, as confirmed by royal reporters, there is no official money to give them directly to fund full time royal duties.

They are NOT in the same position of the people you name. The equivalent of those people is Camilla or the Queen.

Absolutely not in those peoples league at all.
Yes, I agree. Kate should not be compared with Letizia as the Daily Mail has been doing since the abdication.

However, it seems a bit odd to me that there is no money to fund full time royal duties for the Cambridges but there is money to fund three homes for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Nice for the tennis .. and the little bag is also a casual piece as well and looks good with this outfit. I agree time for a personal assistant her fashion may not be her priority but it is toime IMO I agree linda85.
I said the same thing earlier today regarding a fashion advisor. I was in the wrong thread!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Nice for the tennis .. and the little bag is also a casual piece as well and looks good with this outfit. I agree time for a personal assistant her fashion may not be her priority but it is toime IMO I agree linda85.
I loved that bag the first time we saw on the Canadian tour http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/assets_c/...e_1-94106.html although I thought it a bit casual for her ensemble then, w/ the white dress at Wimbledon today it was perfect.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
. . . . . I am beginning to dislike this forum with the constant bashing of Catherine on her hair and clothing on every appearance. She dress very safely, simple yet elegant. For those who complain about her 'boring' style, how exciting you want her to be? Something like Queen Max? I love Queen Max but she is in a different league. Different people have different style and royal houses tends to do things more differently,

When she leave her hair down, people complain it's messy.
When she did her hair half up and down, people complain that it looks childish. I did not see any childishness in her hair.
The only hairstyle people here want to see is a updo for both day and night time. Perhaps Catherine should adopt Princess Anne's hairstyle day in day out or just cut it short like Princess Charlene to keep it simple.
You are falling into a common error. You obviously think that any criticism of Catherine's hair, makeup, dress and shoes is, in some wierd way, a personal attack of some kind directed at Catherine. It is not! Her hair gets in the way . . . we comment. Her hair rocks . . . we comment. We dislike a dress . . . well you get the picture. In fact your comment that she dresses safely, simple yet elegant, is your opinion, and others have the right to disagree.

This is a thread that is specifically designed for us to do just that. "The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion". Needless to say, the same applies to her evening wear.

Quote:
I really want to see those peoples here, who are so critical, in person of how is their dress sense personally and their own hairstyle.
And here is where you make it both personal and confrontational towards other posters. Our dress, hair and public persona are totally irrelevant because we are not "The Duchess of Cambridge".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Cute white eyelet dress. Like her hair today. Doesn't she have naturally curly hair? Then why would it fall straight like yesterday after a few hours
I am picking the problem lies with the length and body of her hair. It is longer since she had George and she really does have an over-abundance of healthy but heavy hair and I think the sheer weight of if can just pull those curls straight. Going out with hair not 100% dry or being in humid conditions also effcts hair.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

In general, I think most posts about Catherine's day-time fashion are quite positive and personally when I see negative comments, I kind of can see that point of view too.

The problem as I see it is that Catherine is considered just as high profile and of the same status royally (as well as fashion-wise) as people such as Maxima, Mathilde, Letizia and Mary - whereas the fact of the matter is that she is not and should therefore not be seen or judged in the same way until she becomes the equivalent of a crown princess.

Catherine has done well so far to navigate what is appropriate, what is fashionable, what is British etc etc. At special occasions such as Trooping the Colour, she wears special, more haute couture clothing, with a more defined hairstyle, all of which I guess is what she will wear more often when she becomes Princess of Wales.

I don't think she needs a stylist as such, certainly not in her current position, but I will expect her to have a full army of dressers, stylists and fashion advisors on hand 24/7 when her status is eventually elevated!
Old 07-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Kate at Wimbledon, wearing a white dress by Australian fashion brand Zimmermann. She also wore the elegant knee-length outfit in Sydney during the Royal Tour in April.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/02/article-2677833-1F55066700000578-337_470x666.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...77_470x666.jpg
Love this dress and I'm so glad she recycled it again so soon. The red shawl she was carrying was a great colour. Her hair looked quite nice at the event. larger curls suit her much nicer than thinner curls (last event).

Quote:

And I noticed from the trend of comments in this thread and other royals' fashion thread that lsome people here simply do not like print on a dress.
Maybe print is just not for everyone to like just how many people don't like colour blocking outfits.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
In general, I think most posts about Catherine's day-time fashion are quite positive and personally when I see negative comments, I kind of can see that point of view too.

The problem as I see it is that Catherine is considered just as high profile and of the same status royally (as well as fashion-wise) as people such as Maxima, Mathilde, Letizia and Mary - whereas the fact of the matter is that she is not and should therefore not be seen or judged in the same way until she becomes the equivalent of a crown princess.

Catherine has done well so far to navigate what is appropriate, what is fashionable, what is British etc etc. At special occasions such as Trooping the Colour, she wears special, more haute couture clothing, with a more defined hairstyle, all of which I guess is what she will wear more often when she becomes Princess of Wales.

I don't think she needs a stylist as such, certainly not in her current position, but I will expect her to have a full army of dressers, stylists and fashion advisors on hand 24/7 when her status is eventually elevated!

I think this is a very fair and sound comment. It's true she has, as you say, navigated the tricky areas with considerable success. One thing I would say is that now is her opportunity to be more experimental, because once she is "elevated", it is likely there will be greater pressure for conformity to how British Royals dress for the various types of functions. I know I have said this before, but I really was hoping Kate would have introduced wearing smart trousers to events - so practical and you just know she would look sooo good.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

None of the women in BRF wear dress pants on engagements. Kate did it once. The Queen wore a pantsuit to leave the hospital after knee surgery. Even the staff is in dresses, you don't see Rebecca wearing them. Just about the only one is Sgt Probert, the RPO which makes sense.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^I've seen Sophie in dress pants on occasion but AFAIK she's the only one who seems to do it. Anne and Kate seem to keep them for casual events where they might be needed.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
^^^I've seen Sophie in dress pants on occasion but AFAIK she's the only one who seems to do it. Anne and Kate seem to keep them for casual events where they might be needed.
Camilla has worn them a few times, IIRC mostly on tours in middle eastern countries. Seemed appropriate when she did.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

It's funny, but I was thinking exactly the same thing regarding the wearing of smart trousers on official engagements. Catherine would look marvellous in them, with a pair of nice heals and a smart jacket.
Elly C is right that now is the time for Catherine to be experimental and try some different things before she really has to conform too much!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought she looked lovely and appropriate when she was at Wimbledon.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 14: May 2014 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post

Thank you for a very common sense and truthful post. There is a huge difference between honest criticism when Kate blows it, which really does not happen that often, and what has been posted in here lately. Good Lord, you would have thought she'd stripped and ran through Kensington Gardens streaking from some of the venom in here at times.

Give me "Boring, conservative, Dressing older than she is..." (And that one gave me a good laugh, as she's actually on point for what's hot right now.) Duchess any day and twice on Sunday!! I will quite happily have someone out there like Kate showing young girls it is not only possible to look like an elegant Lady, but to also look like an elegant Lady and be cool doing it too, than those trashy sisters whose last name begins w/the letter "K" and look like street walkers most of the time.

Does that mean there aren't things that need work? No, of course not, but they are pretty minor compared to what could have been. Work on posture? Yes, but I have noticed on solo events at the start she tends to hunch her shoulders, then as things go on and she relaxes, they do go back down. Something w/out a doubt that needs addressed, but I'll bet she's not even aware of doing it as it's one of those things you don't really realize you do when nervous. Or at least Kate does.

Now, the hair I'll agree on to a point. Yes, it truly needs about four or five inches lopped off, as it has gotten to a point of being a bit too long, but It's her hair and that...Well, that and her ability to wear yellow so well...is one thing I envy her so much over. I used to have hair like that, but one side effect of my Transplant meds are possible hair loss. I'm not bald, but I'll never be able to have long hair again either due it being so thin, there was no way to hide my scalp when it was pulled back when I did have it long. Anyway...It is Kate's hair though and if she, and also William, prefer it like this then..Doesn't really matter what we think.

Now the eyeliner truly needs scaled back, ITA w /everyone on that one. I often wonder how Kate would look w/a nice Tawny brown liner on. It would certainly help those Hazel eyes pop more than the heavy black does IMO.

Is this a thread to discuss our opinions about how she looks? Yes, but there is a huge difference between what the intent of the thread is and how some of the people around here interpret that. AFAIC spiteful, nasty comments is not, never has been and never shall be "criticism".

Some are good for a laugh from time to time though.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with much of this. In my opinion, brown liner is more flattering for most women, unless they have darker complexions than Catherine.

Catherine's clothing is fashionable but on the conservative side. It is very appropriate because she is representing the Queen and her country--she isn't a reality show star. She wears what many women wear to work, especially those who work in more traditional settings, such as a bank.

Regarding the hair, it would probably look great if she cut off a few inches, but I think the length is fine. I wish she would wear it up or half up/half down more often because I want to see the earrings.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate's hair is perfect just how it is; I actually wouldn't mind if it was longer.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Is her hair longer since she had pg?
Old 07-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Majesty

I love the white dress. Perfect for a tennis match, and the hair is very pretty. Curls look good on Catherine.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I like Catherine's pink dress, the colour suits her a lot. I don't have a problem with her hair, it's nice. I'm not sure how I feel about her white dress - I wasn't a huge fan of it when I first saw it in Sydney, although now it's growing on me, but am not too crazy about the lacy pattern.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Kate's hair is perfect just how it is; I actually wouldn't mind if it was longer.
I think Catherine will keep her hair long for the rest of her thirties then maybe go down the route CP Mary did by having it more layered - at least I think that's what Mary did as she got older

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge style, duchess of cambridge's daytime fashion, fashion, royal fashion