The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France

Welcome to Part 15 of
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion

You can find the old thread here.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

What makes me smile about this thread is that it remains one of the busiest yet there are frequently huge gaps between Catherine's engagements.

So true, Elly C! We can always find something to write about... :)

Today at Commonwealth Games. Blazer and blouse are lovely but the inelegant drainpipe jeans and wedges are still with us.
Grazia
Her hair is better for the loss of a few inches.

Boring outfit...Don't get me wrong but we have seen it enough

Enough already! Time to change things up.

She looks nice but I really wish that she would throw out those wedges.

This is one of my favourite casual outfits on Catherine, so I'm pleased to see it recycled again. Navy suits her a lot. Having said that, I have mixed feelings on her blouse - sometimes I like it, and sometimes I don't.

She looks nice but I really wish that she would throw out those wedges.

It's interesting how opinions differ since I really like her wedges - they almost made me want to get a pair of my own. :)

Boring outfit...Don't get me wrong but we have seen it enough

Well, people want her to wear her clothing multiple times.
If she didn't, they'd complain about her extravagance.
She always looks nice and that's what matters.

Well, people want her to wear her clothing multiple times.
If she didn't, they'd complain about her extravagance.
She always looks nice and that's what matters.

yes but she could switch some clothes... I've seen many times the combination of blazer (fine) those horrible wedges and jeggins... Sorry but I dislike them

It's not like Kate will ever pull a Lady Gaga and show up in some outrageous meat dress or something. Lupo would so eat it first :)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Well I still don't like them... She could have chosen other pair of pants... and those wedges... Kate: burn them!

This is like a uniform for sports events already. Although a nice outfit (except those awful wedges), it's tiring to see once again. She has no imagination.

I don't mind the outfit. I think it suits the occasion. Catherine could have gone with different footwear.

That's our duchess. Same long brown hair, Same wedges, same skinny pants/jeans. If she is comfortable and appropriate that's really all that matters. But god she is boring:ROFLMAO:

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: wedges .. skinny pants ... can it get any more boring
At least she did not wear the white/blue stripe boatneck top AGAIN. Honestly, I was sooooo happy she did not!
And to be fair, neither of the Princes wear anything but the same old. What's good for the gooses....

With royal men the wardrobe is necessarily limited but the colors, fabrics, cuts and accessories for ladies can be played with so much a la Maxima.

I think her hair and makeup looked fantastic today. Really well done.

I think she should have worn something purple today. With thigh length boots.

There she goes again, mixing her casual private dress with her casual public dress. Jeggings and sky high wedges just don't cut it when flying the flag for HM at the Commonwealth Games.

Catherine is naturally very slim but healthy, however for all those budding little fashionistas who follow her as their chosen "Icon" they just see super skinny equals superb figure equals sucess.

I know it seems unfair but if her High Street clothes are the fodder of the tabloids which report these clothes sell out immediately she is seen wearing them then what is the message of jeggings and wedges send?

Not surprised by her outfit, I had actually expected her to be in her jeggings and blazer. It's boring and one can actually guess what she would wear. I don't think she was underdressed at all, she did fit the occasion but it's a boring look which we have seen over and over again.

I love the colour of Catherine's dress! It's wonderful. Her jacket/blazer is nice too, although this time I think she should've worn different shoes, as to me they don't go with the rest of her outfit. Perhaps some black pumps or high heels would've been better. Also, for the first time I think her hair looks a little unkempt, like she didn't brush it in the morning because she was in a rush or something.

I love the dress, and the blazer. I don't think the shoes are too bad, although maybe some black pumps. Definitely not high heels.

Her hair looked nice, the dress was a nice choice but she could've worn a different blazer and definitely different shoes. Im bored of seeing same/similar outfits to the same events. We have seen these outfits to sport events in the past. Something different would've been nice to see.

Burn those wedges! Surely she could find something stylish to wear to sporting events than that blazer. There are loads of great casual looks she could choose from. Time for a change!

I understand the feelings of boredom, however we also all know that if she showed up in a different/new outfit she would be roundly criticized. Maybe she would prefer to be trashed about being boring rather than trashed for new clothes/shopping/being on the dole/scroungerlazy etc., etc. She really can't win and maybe she's just going for the least offensive feedback. As it is she and William are being criticized for even attending the games (lazy scroungers!!).

Her hair looked nice, the dress was a nice choice but she could've worn a different blazer and definitely different shoes. Im bored of seeing same/similar outfits to the same events. We have seen these outfits to sport events in the past. Something different would've been nice to see.

I agree with those who think it's a deliberate strategy to keep the media from going too crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Well Kate appears to have entered into the spirit of things. I agree about there being a " sports' events uniform", but she's certainly not dull when it comes to involving herself in engagements and this is what really matters.
Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom