The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mermaid1962 said:
I think that she wore the headpiece because she was going to a worship service. I wasn't sure whether I liked it at first, but it's quite pretty in close-up pictures. It's an older style and harkins back to the hats that were in style early in the Queen's reign. Perhaps it's a bit of a homage to HM.

I agree the hat looked better in the close up pictures. I think because the color of the hat (and her accessories) were picked up from the fabric and the white/ivory not as noticeable in the more distant shots when the green and navy overtook the dress. Diana used to make that mistake in her early years as well. When looking at the dress, Kate probably felt better to accessorize with the white, when the navy would have coordinated better, but the white was probably cooler choice.

I think the dress was fine, cool, cotton, tailored... But maybe a geometric print not the best choice for an island welcome. I'm sure she will get alot if wear from the dress, but not my favorite for this occasion.

I actually loved the hat itself, I thought it was a charming style that suited her well and now that you bring it up, it does appear to be very early QEII.

Oh good lord, now that is an ugly dress. Can't imagine anyone looking at that and thinking, "you know what this looks nice". It kind of looks like a table cloth that would be used by stoners.

It does have that 60s/70s retro feel to it. One could almost picture it on a table with a lava lamp.

I agree the hat looked better in the close up pictures. I think because the color of the hat (and her accessories) were picked up from the fabric and the white/ivory not as noticeable in the more distant shots when the green and navy overtook the dress. Diana used to make that mistake in her early years as well. When looking at the dress, Kate probably felt better to accessorize with the white, when the navy would have coordinated better, but the white was probably cooler choice.

I think the dress was fine, cool, cotton, tailored... But maybe a geometric print not the best choice for an island welcome. I'm sure she will get alot if wear from the dress, but not my favorite for this occasion.

I actually loved the hat itself, I thought it was a charming style that suited her well and now that you bring it up, it does appear to be very early QEII.

That's exactly how I felt. At first I couldn't understand why she'd worn such light accessories with the dress, until I took a better look at the dress. I think darker accessories would've worked much better.

Simply awful overpriced garish cotton dress. The pattern on the sleeves don't even match! However, it fits well and is a good length.
The hair, two ringlets hanging down look comical I'm afraid. The hat makes it all even worse. The hat could work with a different dress, different hairstyle...at least she tried. The shoes were at least not as high as she has been wearing.

Loved the strapless beachy rosy dress and that it matched with William. They looked lovely and her hair went with the look for once.

Last edited:
The arrival dress is not my favorite, either, but I can't believe some of the comments in this thread about her clothes.

The arrival dress is not my favorite, either, but I can't believe some of the comments in this thread about her clothes.

I think we are all a bit testy because we would really like to throw overripe veggies at a certain paparazzi. At least that is what I want to believe. Maybe we will be less cranky tomorrow. I promise to try if everyone else does. :whistling:

I love the cotton green dress very approppriate, love it! But I cannot see the pink gift dress...can anyone show me?Thank you,

Oh good lord, now that is an ugly dress. Can't imagine anyone looking at that and thinking, "you know what this looks nice". It kind of looks like a table cloth that would be used by stoners.

lol :lol: I love your wording...
I only liked the shoes & clutch. This dress looks ghastly... to begin with... :argh:

The yellow dress is quite nice. Good style and color for her.

LaRae

September 17, 2012 - Kate in a yellow dress by Jager.

This is my least favorite dress on the tour. The cut looks fine to me so does the color but the fabric seems a bit too stiff, it has that plastic feeling to it.

Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up

Second outfit of the day, Kate in a Mulbbery dress.
I think this is a very pretty dress. It has a small collar if you closely but unfortunately with the wrong hairstyle, you hardly see it.

Full view

Last edited:
The yellow dress is nothing special. I strongly dislike its design and the fabric looks cheap, IMO. A bad choice, in other words.

I like both the yellow and the navy dress!

Agreed, dazzling - the yellow shirt dress by Jaeger looks a bit uncomfortable due to its fabric being low quality; it's prim and proper and rather overwhelmed by the hair mane.
The second new dress today is prettier, though IMHO navy feels out of place in this location.
Pity that Catherine didn’t bring any nice pair shoes with her.

2nd outfit today, full view:
http://s9.postimage.org/o3duykpkv/Screenshot_1.jpg

Closer:
http://s9.postimage.org/yxzwe8y2n/Prince_William_Duke_Duchess_Cambridge_Diamond_of.jpg

Sure, the navy blue (or black?) dress with the belt is much nicer than the previous one. I'm not too fond of the wedges either.

The yellow color works better on her skin than the dark navy dress.

LaRae

The yellow dress is a good choice in the heat and humidity. It's a good fabric, polished cotton, which makes it shine and also gives it a "life", not clinging to the skin. The finished off cap sleeves, stitched down pleats make it well made, imo. Yellow may not be her color, however.
The navy dress seems just fine from what I can see, love the jewelry gifts they are wearing, especially love William in the rosey shirt!

I think she looks lovely in both dresses. Perfectly appropriate, British designers, easy to wear in a hot and humid island climate. William's pink shirt is certainly interesting.

I think the yellow and navy dresses are lovely and fitting for the occassions.

I think she looks lovely in both dresses. Perfectly appropriate, British designers, easy to wear in a hot and humid island climate. William's pink shirt is certainly interesting.

Since I'm always going on about how Prince William needs to step up the fashion game (I have seen a total of only 4 different ties on this tour), I am loving the rose shirt. :lol:

I really like both the navy and yellow dress. They're very cute. I'm even liking William's pink shirt.

exactly - and I like that both have some structure to them, they dont fall limp in the humidity. both served their purpose well - the solid bright yellow dress allowed her to stand out during the village tours and the navy dress was a lovely backdrop to the native necklaces showing them beautifully.

i must be the only one who LOVED the arrival dress yesterday. i absolutely loved the whole look, the dress was so pretty and had a beautiful islandy cut, although the shoes are recycled often in this trip, i loved them with the dress and specially with the hat (LOVED the hat, its so feminine, delicate and had that nostalic feel). loved the hairstyle and earrings, and she showed her beautifuly and tanned legs (she always did, but this dress made them look with a pettier color, maybe its because of the dress color)

Prabal Gurung dress

For those who loved the purple and white print Prabal Gurung dress which the Duchess wore in Singapore: Beginning at noon PDT today, this dress (or at least one very similar) will be sold on myhabit.com. I have bought things from this site before at amazing discounts, and registration is easy- just your email addy and a password.

September 17, 2012 - Kate in a yellow dress by Jager.

This is my least favorite dress on the tour. The cut looks fine to me so does the color but the fabric seems a bit too stiff, it has that plastic feeling to it.

Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up
I love the yellow dress. Kate brought/is sunshine literally in more than one sense of the word.
( BTW, your 2nd link did not work.;))

the yellow dress is OK, nothing more and less than that. but i love the navy dress, its really pretty, and the shoes blend well with it.

but she didnt do her hair, even her usual long curls, it was natural and wavy. not that i complain to much, with the yellow dress looks fine but she needed another hairstyle with the wavy dress and to show off a bit more her gift necklace.

She is always very elegant but at the same time very low profile and I think that is what Kate wants to be...that green dress is a very normal dress...all dresses are not too mucht...except for that Disney Dress...I do love the pink dress that was an offer!! she looks very nice with it!:flowers:

Was it just me, or did it look like the Duchess had very light makeup this afternoon? In any case she looked cute with her curly hair!

Really dislike the pink dress. Not a fan of the print, colors, or the wedges. Though, her hair looks great! I love the yellow dress! She looks very classic and elegant in it. I love the color and cut. I also love the navy dress. Again, great color and cut but, not a great hairstyle with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom