Queen Rania's Daytime Fashion Part 7: December 2009 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike the black coat with these funny sleeves, but the tweed jacket she wore yesterday is interesting and can easily be combined with skirts and other trousers. It was a nice overall look.

Jan 19, 2010 - Queen Rania in a fitted black coat with tafta gathering on the sleeves matched with a white handbag, red shades.

Close up 1 ** Close up 2 ** Front View

The coat fit is lovely and the gathering tafta bits on the sleeves are interesting but I find it a bit too much of it which makes it look like a bit weird. It doesnt seem like it fits the coat overall.

The coat is very fashionable!:flowers:

The jacket is fashionable, but not my cup of tea. The sleeves look a little weird, like someone just slapped on the taffeta.

Is it new? If not mistaken I have seen her in it before or something similar.

The dress is Louis Vuitton (pre-fall 2009). http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/837/9890890.jpg She really seems to be favoring him lately. I don't know I find the dress girl-y and matronly at the same time. The neckline and sleeves somewhat matronly. The pattern and belt more on the girl-y side. Not one of my favorites. Rania looked look alright in it. Nothing special.

Queen Rania has been a fan of Louis Vuitton since she became Queen. She use to wear a lot of their designs, shoes, bags and belts.

The dress is matronly big time IMO. The sleeve length is unflattering so is the neck tie.
The black and white print is old and the print itself isnt Rania's style nor suits her personality.
Its just not her.

Last edited:
The blouse must be Louis Vuitton too, they are very similar, even the belt is similar.

You are right!:flowers: They could both belong to the same collection. This top is as beautiful as the dress IMO. And I also like the bag this time.

Yes the top and dress are by LV.

Jan 19, 2010 - Queen Rania in a fitted black coat with tafta gathering on the sleeves matched with a white handbag, red shades.

Close up 1 ** Close up 2 ** Front View

The coat is Louis Vuitton (Fall 2009 RTW). http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/1374/8392920.jpg

I am love with is coat, definitely something I would wear. QR wears it well, it fits perfectly. I just wish she'd worn this to another event or an evening event to get the maximum effect. For this solemn event, I think a plain black coat would have sufficed.

The coat is Louis Vuitton (Fall 2009 RTW). http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/1374/8392920.jpg

I am love with is coat, definitely something I would wear. QR wears it well, it fits perfectly. I just wish she'd worn this to another event or an evening event to get the maximum effect. For this solemn event, I think a plain black coat would have sufficed.

Great find, thanks :flowers:
I agree, the coat is more wearable for an evening event, I personally thought it was a bit dressy compared to what she has worn in the past.

^ i believe the top is rm by roland mouret.

Yes it is, it was a runway piece from the fall 2009 collection.
Its lovely, Rania does wear some of his pieces, they are perfectly cut and simple yet very elegent.

:previous: These comparisons are quite funny! :D So, it is a top and not a jacket. You allowed us to see it better on Asma Assad, so thank you salma!:flowers:

I think both the ladies do justice to the piece. On Rania, she didn't button it up completely and its partially hidden due to her long hair. She didn't wear it completely like the model and put her own twist to it. On Asma, its worn exactly as its designed to be worn. Plus, her short hair allow us to view the top better.

The asymmetrical hemline is odd to me, but that is just my opinion. Not really my taste.

Outfit 1

Lovely coat with the outfit IMO. The rest of the outfit is very elegent and very working but the tie on the top ruins it all for me since it reminds me of a tie top of a school headmaster. The shoes dont match the look in anyway, they seem old for her age.

Outfit 2

Very original, very boring. Its an outfit you see put together last minute.

Outfit 1

Very original, very boring. Its an outfit you see put together last minute.

It´s normal King Abdullah´s speech finished at 14.30 and she was with Clinton twenty minutes after.

I like the first outfit very much, only I dont like the shoes allthough I think they match with outfit.

I like the first outfit very much, only I dont like the shoes allthough I think they match with outfit.

I think as you. She used same shoes days ago.

It´s normal King Abdullah´s speech finished at 14.30 and she was with Clinton twenty minutes after.

Well, that will make sense for the outfit which looks like last minute but even though she couldve put an outfit together earlier that day and just change into it later on :whistling:
I know that many will think that its not bad or its casual etc and I respect that but its not a look someone would expect a Queen to turn out in especially when meeting with high ranking people and ex-presidents.

The first outfit was amazing!! I loved the coat and the skirt!!

Wow, K.Abdullah has had a haircut!! It was about time. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom