Queen Rania's Daytime Fashion Part 7: December 2009 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Dazzling, his name is Peter Pilotto. I don´t like this dress.
Many celebrities have chosen his dresses, too Michelle Obama.

March 3, 2010 Amman. Grey outfit and pink shoes (she used same shoes in Barcelona)
Photo from Reuters Pictures
Photo from Reuters Pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks much for the info and the link Dazz! What a great find! His work looks fantastic and so contemporary - I'll be following him from now on!

what hapen to her face she look strange and not natural

The grey outfit is nice.
I don't like Rania's shoe taste. Most of the time I find her shoes not nice or very boring.

Salma, could you please repost the picture of Q. Rania leaving the hotel? For whatever reason, it says 'not found' when I click on the link. I LOVE Ranials makeup in both pictures. She looks really pretty. I think she must have gotten some new spring makeup colors. The second dress is really nice, very interesting, and I like the little tab of material over the shoulder and the way it looks like it gathers at the waist, unless it is just the pattern on the material. I would love to see a bigger picture of her first outfit, but I do agree with many of you that that one poofy sleeve thing was really wierd. I do not like that, but from what I can see, the color and type of material is really nice.

Those are the lovely shoes from Barcelona, but once again, don't go with the outfit.
I like the clothes but the grey once again is boring for me. The skirt is really pretty.
Queen Rania needs to use softer colours for her makeup because the dark shades she has be using recently coupled with the ill-matched foundation/powder can be a bit harsh and unnatural (as in Egypt a couple of days ago).

Q.Rania looked great today! What a beautiful outfit - although grey ;)!
My favourite piece is definitely the blouse (it would be perfect for the spring, had it been in a bright colour!). Like I said before, the pink shoes would look beautiful without the platform.:flowers:

Thanks Salma for reposting that photo of Q. Rania leaving the hotel. What is wrong with her pants? They look too tight around the ankles and the lower part is very wrinkled. I don't like that brown jacket with the little belt, and I think she tried to put too many colors together and it just doesn't work, like the cream bag. She should have used a darker bag. On another note, I LOVED that cream coat she wore with the grey outfit underneath. Simply gorgeous look. I liked the shoes, but not with this outfit. She has some grey ones that would have looked better IMO. That new Tod's bag is aweswome. Is that one she used recently? I remember seeing something that looked like it and I had commented that I thought it was too big, but now I think this must be a different one b/c it doesn't look too big. That is a really pretty bag. The material of her grey skirt looks odd to me. Is it a shiny material? It almost looks like a stretchy jersey. I like the whole outfit, just the material of the skirt looks odd to me. But overall she looks great.

Her beige/pink shoes don't match the grey outfit at all.

IMO grey and pastel blue or pink are a nice combination. The shoes are well-made and refined - they just don't need these horrible platforms.

Its a dress.

Designer is Peter Piloto.
Found this picture of a sketch of the dress in Vogue UK. Designer was talking about Penelope Cruz.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3760/securedownloadcy.jpg

You are right about Pilotto, I found the photo of a dress which is pretty similar but not exactly the same I think: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards....rachel-stevens-the-south-bank-show-awards.jpg

Another link of the same dress : http://www.openingceremony.us/products.asp?productid=14523

QR's dress must have been altered on the shoulders. It's called Dr 1010 AKS dress, pretty strange name.

Agree with you Salma. Allthoug it looks like a sommer dress, so I dont like the dark tights. But I like the jacket and her hairstyle.
She looks fresh and beautiful.

Edit: Nice make-up :).

I adored this dress - the print is fabulous IMO!! And she combined it so well this time. Both the jacket and the shoes are perfect!

I also loved this dress fro the first sight, blue color suits her a lot. I love the big roses prints.

I think Rania looks really pretty here. Her hair and makeup are really good. It is nice to see her hair pulled back a bit. I am not crazy about the shoulder pads in her jacket. I think with a soft springy dress, the shoulder pads in the jacket don't work right. Maybe lighter nylons too? The dark ones are ok, but I think lighter nylons would have looked better. Her jewelry is fabulous!

I really love her dress today .. she looks pretty and elegant ...her hair reminds me her old hairstyles before 1999...

I think the designer of the dress is Dries Van Noten
Loving the dress, print and colors. I love the jacket matched with it. The hair is nice so is the make up.

I love the print of the dress. The jacket looks good as well. The hair is refreshing. I'd have preferred she wore black shoes though. I thought this was an evening reception?

I love the print of the dress. The jacket looks good as well. The hair is refreshing. I'd have preferred she wore black shoes though. I thought this was an evening reception?

This was a daytime event but everyone seems to be dresses for a cocktail event but in Rania's case as she is a queen, this is how she is suppose to be dressed.

i quit like today look,the whole look,beautiful dress lovely print, the jacket was a great match not sur for the belt not needed,nice hair and make up.
the dress is repeated no? i remember seen her wearing the same during the official visit toLatin America.

I thought she looked good from knee up. Up do hair suits her and dress I quite liked. Not perfect IMO as not sure about jacket and belt with it but still OK to good. But I don't understand the dark tights and light shoes personally at all. She seems to like this look but I don't get it.

i quit like today look,the whole look,beautiful dress lovely print, the jacket was a great match not sur for the belt not needed,nice hair and make up.
the dress is repeated no? i remember seen her wearing the same during the official visit toLatin America.

No Lilo is new dress:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom