Queen Máxima's Eveningwear, Part 1: April 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress looks navy to me also. I love the portrait neckline and also the hemline, perfect for her.
The earrings are just the best!Nice hairdo so we can see them too.

Queen Maxima really looks so beautiful with this bright green color , well I would to say the outfit looks so nice & suitable ,, the hair & make-up are so good on her .

Just WOW! tricky colour but so good.

She pulls it off well but I don't like the style on her.

TBH I find the dress atrocious, it looks like she is being eaten by kermit the frog, with that weird flowery thing on her shoulder. Sadly Edouard Vermeulen will only reach the retirement age in 2022, so that means he will probably have the honor to make ill-fitting, badly tailored and unflattering outfits for princess Elisabeth and the princess of Orange. And EV's niece Marie Charlotte Vermeulen can add some horrible 'jewels'/plastic to their outfits too.

Máxima can pull of most bright colors indeed, but this shade of green only looks good on poison Ivy.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2013/PPE130603155.jpg

It would also have been better if the accessories & shoes would have been in a more neutral color.

Last edited:
MY goodness - the shoes are HORRIBLE. Neutral would have been better I agree. Not so much kermit as the jolly green giant - but I still think she looks great. Royals need to be seen

I don't understand why she wore this today when Princess Mathilde wore the whole thing (including the awful shoes) so recently. I read in Catherine Walker's book that if Diana bought something, it was not made available to the other British Royals. The Duchess of Kent wrote in her book how it was so disappointing that some of the things she liked were not available (because Diana had chosen them) but that kept them from wearing the same thing.

Perhaps Maxima has better things to do than worry about what Mathilde is wearing in Belgium.

I think one of the on-going commenbts on these threads that I really disagree with is the idea that one royal house is constantly monitoring what is going on in the others, be it fashion or baby names - no way IMO. Unless something major erupts - such as overthrowing of government or crown; or major terrorism I dont think they register at all.

Well all the female Benelux royals must know that other female Benelux royals buy clothes at Natan. If they minded wearing the same clothes I am sure they could ask him to keep track of it. So I think they don't care all that much about it, apart from events where they appear together.

Last edited:
I don't understand why she wore this today when Princess Mathilde wore the whole thing (including the awful shoes) so recently. I read in Catherine Walker's book that if Diana bought something, it was not made available to the other British Royals. The Duchess of Kent wrote in her book how it was so disappointing that some of the things she liked were not available (because Diana had chosen them) but that kept them from wearing the same thing.

Well, if she does not like to be copied than she should make something customized by a tailor like Queen Elizabeth II and also Princess Beatrix does. Obviously Maxima does not mind wearing the same style like other royal ladies,but she gets less copied by non-royals compared to the fashion-impact of Duchess Catherine.
I remember seeing in a tv-memorial documentary (I think it is still available on youtube) where Vidal Sassoon and another designer explained that Princess Diana did not mind if other ladies wore the same dresses ,but it is smart if they had postponed the sale of the dresses that she has chosen for a while.
However I believe that the modern royals are very relaxed about people buying the same clothes and I find it a nice compliment if people want to get your look, it shows that your idea of beauty is resonating with other people´s ideas about beauty & style!

Last edited:
Why an entire shrubery (MPATHG for those of you who are old/cool enough to know what that is) on the shoulder? If it looks like something you could wear on Halloween as a costume, it probably is. Without the shrubbery but still with the Lucite earrings and shoes, it is enough to satisfy the Max standard, while still being quirky and cute.

I sound cranky about this and I apologize. I just worry that all these women pay people to shop for them and these minions never ever say "less might be more, in this case." It's all about balance.

I had a friend who dressed on the edge but impecably. Her rule? Take one thing away from the total look (too high hem, too low hem, mullet hem, 4th ring, earrings, shrubbery, outre scarf, clanking bracelet, extra necklace, etc.) before you step out the door. :whistling:

I really like the shade of green on Maxima. She pulls it off well.

Oh No! And things were going so well in daytime! That both royal ladies have chosen this outfit and then wear it so close to each other! Maybe he;s giving them away, I still wouldn't takeit!
The color is better on her than Mathilde, if the big shoulder thing and awful shoes and horrible earrings were taken away for neutrals, then maybe....

The green outfit is all wrong for Maxima.
First of all, there was way too much green going on, even the heels were green which was not pretty IMO. Secondly, the skirt added a few Kg's to her hips and the cut didn't fit her body shape. Thirdly, the green flower on the shoulder won't even look good on a girls dress.

I personally like this look on her-think it's more "Old Maxima" style instead of the "New Maxima" style.;) I think the fact that it's a very "green" green gives it a bit of punch and verve that she alone, of all the Euro royal ladies, can pull off consistently.:flowers:

Love the color on Maxima! Not sure about the flowers on the shoulder though.

I love the colour on her ye I think it looks great on both Mand M the big flower is great on Maxima love it.

I'm always amazed that she always manages to find matching shoes.

Máxima this evening in Stuttgart, Germany, wearing the pink outfit again she has worn before in May at the dinner of the conference against homophobia.

** Full view ** Upper part ** May 16, 2013 **

I think she pull it off quite ok, defentely a lot of green, I wonder if she has her closet divided by colours? she really has a very colourfull wardrobe!!!! after this green she goes with the fuxia blouse and pants! I think I need some shades!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::lol::lol::lol:
well she pulls everything quite good! even if some things i don't like she overall she looks nice and tidy , specially her hair!!!!

Last edited:
Those are some fabulous earrings she has on with the hot pink suit.

In the first picture, it looks as though W-A is chewing something, and then I noticed that Max has a cube of cheese on a toothpick!

She looks fantastic but not because of the dress or the color. But because she is herself a beautiful,energetic, always smiling young queen.
Maxima's version of the dress looks better than Mathilde's. however it's not a very good choice

Máxima this evening in Stuttgart, Germany, wearing the pink outfit again she has worn before in May at the dinner of the conference against homophobia.

** Full view ** Upper part ** May 16, 2013 **

She chooses great colors but I guess it would better if she paid a little more attention to the outfit itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of the green dress on Maxima. The skirt is very unflattering. Too matchy, matchy with the shoes and bag. Her beautiful smile is always right on!

What a beautiful, young,vibrant queen, the Netherlands is lucky!

Máxima in black at a meeting and dinner with Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon and his wife at Noordeinde on August 27, 2013.

** Full view ** Upper part **

That black dress is very lovely and classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom