Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 8: August 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taminiau and Maxima are such a good match!

This is such a beautiful dress. I love the embroidery and think the color looks fantastic on Maxima.

I think this is one of Maxima's best looks! The gown is exquisite with it's beautiful embroidery and her head piece is lovely, as well as her hair style. My only complaint is the rather heavy looking leather gloves with such an ethereal looking fabric.

This jacket must have been sold on its own. None of the pants seem.to match. I think Max looks beautiful though.

I love that postal jacket- I would have worn it with jeans while strolling through the Haight Ashbury (back in the day).

The dress is simply amazing. The colour is stunning and that embroidery is to die for. Not just a dress, but a work of art also.
I like the headpiece too, it matches perfectly the gown.

Alas, I don't like the other accessories.
Those leather gloves are too heavy (if you can get what I mean) for that look. They should have been in cloth or something similar.
The belt looks unnecessary and it breaks the dress' motif, not very pleasant to see. And besides, I really hate when they put the sash under a belt, it looks quite bad.
Not a fan of the earrings; half with diamonds and half with, whats that, beads?

Still, I'd say this is my second favourite Prinsjesdag lookk after 2007's.

Diamonds with black onyx, if you ask me. Very modern in combination with the dress.

See picture. (Click on the picture to enlarge).

These earrings IMO are garnet beads with diamonds.

:previous: Her dress was beautiful, but I have to ask myself whether it was quite the thing to wear to Prinsjesdag. It just seemed so soft and floating and Gala Gown. Have to admit to disliking the thin belt over her Order Sash and would have preferred a discreet little brooch or two.

As to the gloves? Well, the colour of her gloves matched her hair thingie. It's not a hat, it's not a fascinator so that was the best I could come up with.

The dress is amazing! I love it! It's my favourite Prinsjesday look since years.

No words to describe how much i love Maxima's dress from Prinsjesday - it is her best yet as Queen. The detail on the skirt is stunning. Cant wait to see her use it again hopefully in a gala setting. My only quip would have been a more substantial hat to fit in line with the traditional dress code but i understand why she choose simple flowers for this elaborate gown

No words to describe how much i love Maxima's dress from Prinsjesday - it is her best yet as Queen. The detail on the skirt is stunning. Cant wait to see her use it again hopefully in a gala setting. My only quip would have been a more substantial hat to fit in line with the traditional dress code but i understand why she choose simple flowers for this elaborate gown

I agree, I too would love to see this dress get used in a "gala" setting. Either of the two ruby tiaras would work very well with the dress.

Maxima always looks her best in a gown. To me, she and Mary are unbeatable when it comes to picking stunning gowns.

The stunning gown .. and then this the dress is too tight and too short IMO the colour and style are but it is Natan !!!!

Yesterday she was incredible in that stunning gown! Today I guess she was tired! and didn't bother! awful! Maxima 2 different woman!

I love Maxima's style today and that hat sooo cowboys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The skirt with it's horizontal stripes is most unflattering!

The skirt is too short on Maxima, IMO. Also a pet peeve of mine and we see it constantly with Max and that is her makeup. She consistently wears a warm shade of blush (or it's bronzer) and pairs it with a cool shade, usually shimmering, of lip stick. If she is going to do bronzer OR warm shade of blush the lipstick needs to match. Every time I see this I cringe as it is so clashing.

Maxima's latest outfit is nice in general and the colours work well together. They are quite autumnal which fits the current season. I'm not a fan of the usage of coats as capes though and agree that the skirt is a little on the short side.

For the opening of the renewed Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder Museum in Amsterdam today, September 22, Máxima recycled the lovely, elegant light blue Natan dress she first wore in Spain in 2013:

** Full view ** Side view ** September 2013 **

So elegant. She really looks like a Queen.

I really don't care for the wedge heeled shoes with the dress and hat, otherwise I think she looks very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom