The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

The dress is very beautiful but I can say I was not impressed very much by the Queen this year.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:05 PM
Majesty

Lovely "work" on the dress, though I am not sure I am a fan of the overall look.

Old 09-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the ress just I do not like leather gloves! I would have used a shade like t dress and may be fabri one1 but the rest she looks ning1
Old 09-15-2015, 12:39 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely dress, Maxima looks very pretty .... but .... what's with those gloves? IMO, they just don't fit with the dress. If she had been wearing a coat or suit yes, but not with the formal dress.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The purple leather gloves don't go with her otherwise beautiful ,white evening gloves would have been more elegant looking.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

As said by Marengo, the design of the embroidery seems inspired by the Japanese Salon at Huis ten Bosch Palace.

First a supersize picture of the Queen (click on the picture to enlarge) and have a fantastic detailed view.

The Japanese Salon at Huis ten Bosch Palace, sadly only little panoramic pictures exist:

Picture with view on the windows

Picture with view on the fine lacquer furniture

Picture with view on the entrance of the Japanese Salon

These pictures were from the Royal House website, originally from a virtual tour which has -sadly- been removed (maybe because of safety reasons, because one could make a virtual walk through the palace) and are now on a fansite named hethuisvanoranje.nl

I think white gloves would have distracted more than the purple ones, maybe the Queen should have worn textile gloves instead of leather ones.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
This is IMHO one of her best dresses, as it is one of his (Taminiau's). Why she ever uses other designers for this event is a mystery to me. The dress even makes me forget that she is hardly wearing any jewelry at all.

As I said in the Prinsjesdag thread: the embroidery is inspired by the Japanese room at Palace Huis ten Bosch. The dress is made of organza silk.
I love the dress and she looks wonderful. The only strange element to me is the leather gloves!
Old 09-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

That is a couture dress.....fantastic.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
That is a couture dress.....fantastic.
Click on the picture itself and see the many hours of needlework... amazing.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Administrator

What a beautiful dress! There really is no need for jewelry as the dress speaks for itself.

I know Maxima can push it sometimes with her dress style but when she is on....she is on!

Old 09-15-2015, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

It is stunning she appears to have lost a bit of wt as well over the summer. The colour is very flattering the neckline also flattering
Old 09-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

It's a stunning dress and looks amazing on Maxima. The colour is also great for her skin tone. I've always liked how the dresses for this kind of event are more on the "court dress" type, but this short-sleeved number works quite well IMO, so I don't mind if she tries more like this from time to time.

Definitely one of my favourite appearances of her at Prinsjesdag.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

I've always loved it when Queen Maxima wears Taminiau clothes - you know it will be something extra special when she does!

The embroidery is stunning, with just enough sparkle so that more jewels are not needed. I don't mind the gloves, the colour works well and the leather suits a day event.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:23 PM
Serene Highness

Just divine! This gown is delicate, striking and inventive all in one swoop.

As far as the accessories, I'm so glad she went with a headpiece that was more demure to really highlight the dress, and the gloves are striking, but she's playing the part of a Queen perfectly.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Great Dress but for an evening Event .
Ridiculous short leather gloves , not for a Queen on such a great Event.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

She looks great a wonderful looking Queeen.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Maxima looked really nice but somehow the gown was a bit too pale for her. I liked the maroon accessories which added a nice touch to the look. Im glad Maxima wore a headpiece and not a hat, it looks so much better.
Old 09-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Maxima looked really nice but somehow the gown was a bit too pale for her. I liked the maroon accessories which added a nice touch to the look. Im glad Maxima wore a headpiece and not a hat, it looks so much better.
The headpiece was an extension of the dress, the motifs on the dress were continued in the headpiece. That is why the Queen did not wear a hat, I think. We saw the same on Prinsjesdag 2006, see picture: http://www.petersmulders.nl/500px/Se...0190906314.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Great Dress but for an evening Event .
Ridiculous short leather gloves , not for a Queen on such a great Event.
It is around Noon, mid-day in September, so short sleeves are nothing new. Here three Princesses in short sleeves but with gloves: see picture.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:43 PM
Majesty

what an amazing dress, the needlework is quite something! absolutely beautiful. i am such a fan of maxima in taminiau - these two are meant for each other. i am in awe.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-15-2015, 03:58 PM
Nobility

Love the whole look. The dress is stunning.

Closed Thread

Tags
queen maxima, queen maxima daytime fashion, queen maxima fashion, queen maxima hats, queen maxima style, royal fashion