Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 15: February 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this. I'd wear this. My hair would be styled. ;)

Nice outfit and coat and as so often totally let down by the unprofessional looking messy hair.

I will never understand how her dresser, her beautician, her family, her friends, her hofdames let this happen, that messy hair. Utmost unprofessional. Give me Mathilde as Queen.

I agree Duc et Pair it is bewildering I am a real fan of hers but she mostly appears messy and crushed looking

I like the dress, but the cut over the hips is unforgivable. It always looks creased so there is clearly not enough give in the skirt when she has to sit down.

The messiness of the hair is reaching the point of being ridiculous. There are these wonderful inventions called "brushes." Perhaps we could take up a collection and send her one. I enjoy Maxima and her exuberance very much, but this is just absurd.

There's no real excuse as Beatrix left such a high bench mark,the DRF are well off and no one is looking for Maxima to be a Bea clone but she really needs to sort out her birds nest as it seems to begetting worse.

For some reason, I found myself in very old thread re Maxima in 2004. Guess was annoying people then? Yep the hair.

I like the coat and the dress. The wrinkling of the skirt is unfortunate as it makes the skirt look like it is too tight. I also liked the coat with the yellow dress. The one thing I can't stand is the coat draped over the shoulders. It makes me want to scream "put your arms in the sleeves, it's a coat not a cape". As for her hair, I have decided this has to be accepted as a fact of life. If it is a daytime engagement, her hair is going to be messy.

I like the coat and the dress. The wrinkling of the skirt is unfortunate as it makes the skirt look like it is too tight. I also liked the coat with the yellow dress. The one thing I can't stand is the coat draped over the shoulders. It makes me want to scream "put your arms in the sleeves, it's a coat not a cape". As for her hair, I have decided this has to be accepted as a fact of life. If it is a daytime engagement, her hair is going to be messy.

I think you are right, and accepting that will reduce blood pressure and soothe stomach upset ;)

I think you are right, and accepting that will reduce blood pressure and soothe stomach upset ;)

Doesn't mean we have to like it but I agree with the sentiments.

Nice dress but the coat is over the top m...too much going one and my eyes hurt

Queen Máxima attended a congress organized on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the National Institute for Budget Information in Utrecht this morning, April 18, wearing an Oscar de la Renta dress again:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** October 2018 **

Last edited:
I like the dress not too sure about the hat, she looks nice!

Queen Máxima attended a congress organized on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the National Institute for Budget Information in Utrecht this morning, April 18, wearing an Oscar de la Renta dress again:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** October 2018 **

I can't claim to be a fan of either the dress or the hat. I think the pink and black are both strong colours, and don't work well together.

Not keen on the black print on the dress but thank goodness Queen Máxima did something with her hair and it suits her so much better up than down.

It looks to be in a low ponytail . . . but I'll take it! Obviously the dress and the natty wee hat go together so, thank you wee hat, without you she may have defaulted to her preferred au natural hairdo!

Whew . . . saved! ?

:previous:

I had hoped the flowers would have been a removable flower garland/scarf ;). Not much surprising that it's Natan again and not my favourite outfit either..

What a horrible outfit. Beige culottes with overworked orange blossom. Who on earth would make such a thing up? It looks like a design of a 1st year fashion student.

A really ghastly outfit for Her Majesty who rarely gets it wrong. Her eldest daughter has grown so tall. Gosh kids grow up quick these days.

The worst part are the beige culottes had Queen Máxima swapped it for a skirt it would be a vast improvement,on the plus side no tacky plastic accessories today.

Oddly I don’t mind it. Think its a recycled outfit and usually I hate culottes but maybe because they weren’t ginormous ones and she was walking around alot, they seemed slightly more appropriate.

Oddly I don’t mind it. Think its a recycled outfit and usually I hate culottes but maybe because they weren’t ginormous ones and she was walking around alot, they seemed slightly more appropriate.

I agree. The color combination and the huge flowers reference the late sixties so they don't look out of place with the culotte style. I think the length and the hat save this. I don't love it but oddly enough I don't hate it either. Max is a sorceress when it comes to selling something oddball that would make other women look ridiculous. Orange on King's Day, check. Big hat for a queen, check. Comfortable, check.

But....Natan is probably the least favorite of my designers. It's not like if I read online "Maxima will be wearing a gown by Natan" I jump up and down and clap my hands in anticipation.

I am not sure the cropped trousers are in keeping with the occassion.

Most adult princesses went with (cropped) trousers today, not sure why. I guess it is popular in the Netherlands currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom