Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 14: July 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she seemed to really get into some really choices in the couple of weeks before her sister died.

This outfit was fine too but what is with the hair? Think she should just wear it up. She looks v elegant like that whatever monstrosity she may chose to wear

IMHO her worst Prinsjesdag combination ever. The wind surely did not help. I am sure it will look much better as an evening gown without added order, brooches and hat. The hat is lovely and I would be wonderful on a daytime outfit. As it is now it looks messy and matronly. It also seems to be a few sizes too large.

According to modekoninginmaxima the dress is from the Italian designer Luisa Beccaria, from her pret-a-porter collection of 2016.

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/mode-maxima-mode-algemeen/prinsjesdag-2018-kleding-koningin-maxima

Last edited:
the dress is pretty on the hanger, strange in person. maybe some better photos....

I love the hat. I love the dress. I hate this combination.

The dress is fine, the hat is fine, the combination is....not good....the hair is terrible.

Too frilly for my taste. The gloves and shoes don’t go with the dress.
I like the hat but would have put the saucer on the other side if my husband was walking and sitting next to me.

Queen Máxima almost always gets it perfect on Prinsjesdag but not this year,the gown looks too big on her and not liking the hairstyle with that hat.

The dress is just okay, the hat is not my favorite. Kinda looks like a saucer on her head. The jewels of course are fabulous.

I really can't decide for the dress in some pictures looks OK in other just mess the whole look seems like there is too much going on
I loooove her hat though

On television and in movement I did like the changing shades and the flowing. It did not photograph well but now I have seen it on my 4k HD oled screen, it really is a nice dress. I agree with Marengo: maybe better as evening dress, but it was really better than I saw on the pics while I was at work.

This jumpsuit looks nice on Maxima and very few can wear them well. Earrings very much the style of the youth today, looks heavy but rather light weight. I personally think much too unconventional for her and position of queen, but LOVE that she wears and doesn't actually care what we think. She likes them and that is all that matters to her.

Really looks cartoonish to me. Like a costume in a fairytale. The dress would only look well on someone who is painfully thin, the balloon sleeves with the elastic cuffs really ruin the whole effect, too much. Sleeveless would have worked better for an evening dress. The shoes should be burned

From other pics it took me a while to realise it was a hat and not some sword arrangement on her head. Her hairstyle is interesting.

Maxima is tall and slim but its not good dress for her. I don't know if its the sheen or thinness of the fabric but this dress doesn't look very good, especially on some pictures.
Hate her shoes but quite surprisingly I like her hairstyle and hat.

Not a Queen Dress , but she managed well to go out of the carriage and for the steps !

From other pics it took me a while to realise it was a hat and not some sword arrangement on her head. Her hairstyle is interesting.

Me, too! I first saw photos looking at the Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor on my phone and the straw disk just blended into the background in every shot until I was about four photos in. I was trying to figure out who thought up the idea of just piling fake flowers on the very top of her head.

Maxima doesn't look happy in any of the photos I've seen, either. I like to pretend she's using her expression to say to all of us, "I know, I know, this look did NOT come together AT ALL. You win some, you lose some, and this time I lost, BIG TIME."

Maxima doesn't look happy in any of the photos I've seen, either. I like to pretend she's using her expression to say to all of us, "I know, I know, this look did NOT come together AT ALL. You win some, you lose some, and this time I lost, BIG TIME."

What a horrible moment it must have been, when she realised there was no time to change it! Its all nice separately but together just doesn’t work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Majesty... what WERE you thinking ???

. It did not photograph well but now I have seen it on my 4k HD oled screen, it really is a nice dress.

Maybe The Royal Forums could give a 4k HD oled screen to all it's members if this helps appreciate fashion
:lol:

I have no idea what that it but I am sure we can arrange it ;).

Maxima's hat seemed to create some fun on social media. People were commenting that it is a perfect hat when you have a fight with your husband: it seemed that there was a wall between the two.

The designer of the hat has not been found yet, but Fabienne Delvigne -the usual suspect- said that the hat was not one of her designs.

The designer of the hat has not been found yet, but Fabienne Delvigne -the usual suspect- said that the hat was not (her fault) one of her designs.

There, fixed that for her ;)

It looks as if Maxima has just got a few bedsheets together and sewn them up to make a dress. Not a huge fan at all.

Aahhh, back to her usual sagging hairstyle. Perhaps new haircut would do wonders?

:previous:

Possibly yes and less windy weather, but the weather is as capricious as some women's hair..;)

For a round table meeting yesterday, September 19, hair and outfit (a recycled Natan dress) were perfect:

** Full view ** June 2016 **

Last edited:
Aahhh, back to her usual sagging hairstyle. Perhaps new haircut would do wonders?

It is her pet project from the Orange Fund, of which she is the Lady Patroness. When you see "Orange Fund", then you know enough. She will downplay her royal status as much as possible and be "just Máxima".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom