Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the coat very lovely but that's all,the rest seem veru ill matched Imo,the hair is not helping too

I like the coat very lovely but that's all,the rest seem veru ill matched Imo,the hair is not helping too

Found opposite, way too matchy matchy. The coat and dress are obviously an outfit (trim on both identical not to mention rest). But the purse almost seems like it was made as the third piece. Coat is fantastic, but only thing I like. Needs a pop of color in accessories or something.

Hair I agree absolute mess.

Oh dear, Maxima does have very fly-away hair, appropriate I suppose on this occasion as she was visiting an electric plant! She used to wear turban-like hats when it all became too much, but I haven't seen any turbans lately.
I do like her coat and the shoes but the rest of her looks as if she dressed in a hurry. I still love her, though. Maxima's personality over-rides everything in my book!

Oh dear, Maxima does have very fly-away hair, appropriate I suppose on this occasion as she was visiting an electric plant! She used to wear turban-like hats when it all became too much, but I haven't seen any turbans lately.
I do like her coat and the shoes but the rest of her looks as if she dressed in a hurry. I still love her, though. Maxima's personality over-rides everything in my book!

Maxima does have a big personality and she also seems very warm and always truly happy to be hearing about whatever randomness is the royal topic of the day. Like in one of those photos she looks like finding out about products that generate electricity from plants is the best thing that's ever happened to her.

Some of her fashion choices are interesting but, as you say, they're overridden by the more important qualities she brings to the table.

I wish she'd taken two seconds to run a brush through her hair though!

Not fond of two last looks. Both outfits look somehow dated and not flattering.
And her hair... big, big sigh. Even haircut did not help or does her hair look like this without exptensions?

Orange and red and white dress and coat are an eyesore. Way too much going on, large messy print, jarring piping accentuating the clashing colors and the stringy hair is really too much. The ghastly costume earrings add to the costume quality of the outfit.

I know many grouse about Victoria's ever present ponytails and buns, but Maxima's hair the past few days is crying out for some ponytail/bun therapy. I wouldn't run to Target with my hair looking like that, much less to an official event as queen.

Same issue two issues. Bad hair and way too matchy matchy. :bang:

The print is lovely. But the coat and dress too much. The coat would be great with out the piping, and a solid dress. It looks outdated because matchy matchy.

I would settle for Victoria bun or ponytail. At least it's neat and professional.

Queen Máxima gave the start for the 12th edition of Burendag (Neighbours Day) in Drenthe Nieuw-Buinen today, June 13, wearing a new Natan dress:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Máxima wearing a lovely new dress,trademark beautiful smile and then the messy hair,wear it up or wear a hat Your Majesty!

lovely dress i like it matched with the shoes and bag and then yes her hair is messy again.

If not for days if bad hair, I would give her a pass because so windy, but :ermm:

I am choosing to instead ignore the earlier look and focus on later :whistling:

I love the color of the dress, very pretty. And I love the beautiful shawl with it:flowers:

Thank you Max for the hat. Been missing lately. Finishes off the look perfectly. And I love what I can see of the earrings :)

Queen Máxima made a working visit to the Defense Cyber ​​Commando (DCC) in Den Haag today, June 15, recycling a lovely Natan summer dress with stripes (Mathilde owns it as well):

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Full view ** With a scarf ** July 2013 **

Later she attended a Palace Symposium on the depopulation of rural areas in Amsterdam - recycling another nice dress, but the wind and the crinkling fabric were against her again ;)

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Last edited:
I love the second dress. Great colors.

Go max, love the shoes on both outfits. Typical of that designer, the horizontal stripes are so unflattering and the inverted pleats make anyone look hippy. Great swan brooch, thank you for that.what is with the hair?? Cut to shoulder length or chin length please

The last two summer dresses have been quite delightful but her hair is a disaster. To say she has had a succession of bad hair days doesn't begin to describe the mess that is her hair.

At Defense Cyber Commando her hair was either still wet giving it a greasy lank look or was just plain dry, lank and windblown, it was a mess but nothing that a can of hairspray couldn't have ameliorated. Later, at a Palace Symposium on the depopulation of rural areas in Amsterdam, her very fine hair was a very fine windblown matted mess.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

In this photo, her hair looks damaged and covered in split ends! :ohmy:

Both dresses are great summer dresses, love the colors in both :flowers:

I love the swan brooch :)

But her hair is a horrid mess. Looks like still wet from shower. Please Max, an updo or hat, please. Her hair very rarely looks good when loose. With the exception of when she does big curls like she did on last tour with WA. If not curls, she should stick to updo or hat, mess otherwise.

I like it and no one pulls off the big hats quite like Queen Máxima and the Duchess of Cornwall!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice dress indeed,i also like the hat there is no who can wore big hat better than Queen Maxima however this time seems oddly styled.

Queen Maxima and big hats are like synonyms ;)
This dress fits her well and everything seems to look lovely but the colors are too washed-out and pale.And this time she didn't add a brooch to her dress :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom