Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 10: June 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like this kinds of dresses. I sometimes find this too much.

I love Queen Maxima personality and beautiful smile. If she is welcoming dignitaries, in this case the President and First Lady of Greece, a Queen should be elegant and classic. She is the picture not part of a group. It is fine when she is doing an act on her own. She looks out of place, way too much!

I love her hat and styling. I even like the cut of the dress. But the print :ohmy: I am sorry but I don't get a Hawaiian shirt print on an elegant dress, nor do I get wearing it to meet a Greek president.

Her outfit is totally tragic and ridiculous for the occasion. She seems to underestimate the place.

...and, afterall, this dress is from Valentino Hawaiian collection resort 2016.
That means that the designer didn't design it for an officional ceremony.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she was thinking Island and summery , I like the dress.

Reality is since she is in the spot light with William , she had some man outfits, gowns, hats, shoes, not to mention the jewelry..... etc..... I think she probably goes with the flow of her work but the dressing up some times might not be her priority..... anymore.....

In some ways I really like this dress and then I take a closer look and NO but I love the hat I like the black at the bottom of the dress. It is a bit beachy for the occasion IMO I don't know I am in between here.

Well, as a total beach person myself, I don't find this even a particularly appealing "beach" style. Way too dark! ��

My thoughts about Maxima's latest dress are the same as most others here: the print is nice, but a little bit odd for the occasion.

she forgot to take off her hat
**pic**

Very strange to wear a hat in her own "home", even if it is a palace, when welcoming guests. And, of course, the hat should have been removed during the luncheon. Those are general guidelines, but then, Maxima isn't guided by those kind of conventions.

I thought women were always permitted to wear hats indoors. A lady doesn't want to disarrange her hair by pulling hats on and off.

Very strange to wear a hat in her own "home", even if it is a palace, when welcoming guests. And, of course, the hat should have been removed during the luncheon. Those are general guidelines, but then, Maxima isn't guided by those kind of conventions.

Originally Posted by Spheno
she forgot to take off her hat

no, she didn't forget to take off her hat. this is the proper way to do things, it would seem, at the dutch court. in fact, check out these pictures of other official visits:

welcoming president hollande outside nordeeinde, with hat

with president hollande inside nordeeinde, with hat

welcoming the belgian king and queen outside nordeeinde, with hat

with the belgian king and queen intside nordeeinde, with hat

welcoming the spanish king and queen outside nordeeinde, with hat

with the spanish king and queen intside nordeeinde, with hat

Queen Máxima at the family summer photo session today, July 8, wearing a new top combined with pants and a well-known necklace:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I dislike the outfit, especially the necklace.

I like the colors of her outfit and the necklace adds a lovely touch but it's not a pretty necklace nor is the top the prettiest top with that extra hanging piece but Maxima looks good and it's very much her style.
I think with such a big statement necklace, she should've had her hair in a ponytail. It was a bit messy left open.

the top is ugly. Especially the bottom floppy portion of the blouse.
but the necklace is horrible

The top might not be as bad minus that abominable floral necklace.

I'm not a fan of Maxima's latest outfit, the colours are too masculine and wintry for me. I actually quite like her necklace, though I do think it's a bit much with the top. It would look better with a plain top that has no frills.

That necklace looks like a bulky turtleneck! I know she likes bold, statement pieces, but this is ridiculous! I can't say the outfit is much better. I feel if she would of picked one of the colors, it would be more cohesive. Seeing as the browns were competing against each other, it's just a hot mess!

I am usually a fan but :bang: The only nice thing I can say is the color :)

The shirt is terrible, especially the extra fabric, and the trousers. But the statement necklace is right up there with her lobster one.:eek:

I always think she looks beautiful. Even if I don't like a dress or hat etc when she wears it she looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Very unattractive outfit but glad she felt well enough to pose despite the concussion

Her choice of ensemble is totally mismatched and her hair styled as minimumly as possible. Perhaps another day or two of rest would have seen her sparkling.

I was surprised to hear about the concussion. It happened last Friday and from the pictures on Monday of the Greek visit, she didn't seem to be showing any ill affects. Yet here she doesn't seem to have her usual spirit. Hopefully she gets some rest this weekend and recovers fully.

Not the best choice for the summer photo session!

It is just a family picture, behind the family's villa, in the family's garden. No more, no less.

:previous: Well I guess since the picture was intended as a family photo, nothing more nothing less, it was a smashing success :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom