Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 10: June 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide if I like it or not. Something feels off about it. It's not horrible, but just not perfect like most of her Prinsjesdag looks are.

I had the same feeling. Maybe it is the mix of the heavy satin skirt and the thin blouse?

On twitter I saw a few #camouflage coming by, as people thought the pattern of the dress resembled that of the throne (and the golden lower part of the dressed blended with the carpet).

I had the same feeling. Maybe it is the mix of the heavy satin skirt and the thin blouse?

On twitter I saw a few #camouflage coming by, as people thought the pattern of the dress resembled that of the throne (and the golden lower part of the dressed blended with the carpet).

yeah, when she got up to the throne her outfit did sort of blend in, which I think is partly why I don't like it. I think separately they're good pieces, but I don't know about them together.

She looks outstanding! The skirt is exquisite, especially with the top. This is one of her most divine looks.

Oh indeed...the almost nightblue of the top & the gold of the skirt...a Class Act really.

It is at events like this that Queen Maxima always looks as incredible as ever and this is no exception. I love the colour combination of gold and blue and the pattern on the skirt and dare not fault her on such an occasion as Prinjesdag!

I Love it!!! So Max!!!!!!! Sapphires are so gorgeous its just stupid!

Queen Maxima looked stunning. I liked the wide-brimmed hat.

She looks amazing! Love the entire outfit!

Who else but tall, statuesque Queen Maxima would even think of wearing this outfit plus hat, let alone pull it off? I can't think of anyone. She's a wonder of nature!

Queen Máxima in blue and gold at today's Prinsjesdag, September 20:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Full view 3 ** Upper part **

Who else but tall, statuesque Queen Maxima would even think of wearing this outfit plus hat, let alone pull it off? I can't think of anyone. She's a wonder of nature!
Yes, this ensemble's inception is quintessential Max, from her gorgeous hat to her delightful blue shoes. However, I found the blouse somewhat underdone compared to her skirt, a situation that may have been remedied by moving that magnificent, enormous, oddly positioned, sapphire and diamond bow brooch from the waist to the upper sash.

It was unfortunate that the gold on the skirt started to look odd while walking on the pale orange carpet and then promptly faded into the colour of the throne when she sat. That surprised me! Max usually likes to make a statement and the mere possibility of fading into the furniture/upholstry would, to me, have seemed an impossibility . . . but she did it! :ohmy:

http://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/E-683x1024.jpg

My dear, the Hat the hair The Sapphires the sapphire blouse really perfect thank you Max

:previous: I love this with the pale shoe and hat with hair up. And of course (deep sigh), the pearls!

She first wore it in Denmark in June 2013.

I love this dress, but I don't like the hat she chose today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the dress, jewels but this hat is a miss!

I liked the hat very much. The latest time the Queen wore similar style hats. Today was -for a change- a total different style.

The hat choice was nice and added a fun twist to the overall look. This is such a pretty dress and it's nice to see it again.

I love the way that with just a change of accessories, an updo and a gorgeous hat, Max can totally reinvent a dress.

I liked it's first outing in May 2013 and the second outing in November 2013,but it seemed like the dress had been downgraded to semi-casual with the messy hair down affair in May of this year.

But, in the twinkling of an eye, Max added a gorgeous brimmed hat and fabulous matching dark pearl earrings and necklace and voilà! that which was old is new again!

I love the hat. Love maxima always feeds me hunger for real hats:flowers:

Her elegant up do and the pearls are stunning, the dress is not my favourite but the jewels and accessories take the look for the win.

Looking at old photos, clear how accessories and styling can change a look. I really didn't like the last time she wore it, with the stringy hair casual look.

The dress itself is nice but the sleeves make her arms look rather unflattering. Maxima looks good with hair pulled up.

The elegance is completely destroyed by the hair. That this is the Queen of the Netherlands....

Lovely elegant outfit on the queen but the messy Máxima hair ruins the overall look.

Have to say the queen has a beautiful and warm smile.

According to a Dutch Royalty site, the Queen wore that dress before in 2003!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom