Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 4: July 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the color of the jumpsuit and Letizia's earrings and hair. The heavy make-up is very aging. I hope matching fabric belts are not making a comeback.

The coat in Geneva is from Carolina Herrera.
Re. her latest appearance, jumpsuit colour was nice but the fabric sheer made it look a bit cheap although it’s not...
She needs to get rid of the classic patent shoe trend with her evening outfits as they seem out of place, somehow old fashioned.
The make up is too strong and these false eyelashes ?

Oh My. Queen Letizia looked exactly like my mother and her friends right before war. Same type of jumpsuits, makeup and hair. Look at old black and white Katherine Hepburn/Cary Grant movies. Fact, she is even built like Katherine! Everything in fashion seems to be circling around again. Next will be the 3 piece knitted suits which one had to be pencil thin to wear without someone snickering at women behind their wide backs. Thanks for the memories!

The gown is very beautiful. Love the design.

Very elegant very beautiful! What a lovely skirt!

It's so great to see this skirt again. It's from 2004, but looks still exquisite.
https://www.hola.com/imagenes/reale...-gala-reyes-israel/0-504-619/recepcion2-a.jpg

The top part is new though, here's a good close-up:
https://www.hola.com/imagenes/reale...la-reyes-israel/0-504-611/reina-letizia-a.jpg

The top is not new, she already wore it during silver wedding celebrations in Luxembourg 2006

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-I8CKiKmVB_U/VJ6IP9Cf4AI/AAAAAAAAHzI/sLm6V7mm0wI/s1600/mathildeletikz7.jpg

This could go jewel thread - but since it has to do with the sash - I'm curious how y'all feel about all that's going on with the sash?

The tiara and skirt in particular with a black top like this are spectacular IMO.

The hair and makeup are good, too!

The Manilla skirt worked much better tonight with the black top,hadn't realised it was that old,obviously a good purchase back in 2004.

It is great to see this skirt brought back - it was a fave for a few years from 2004-2008 and now 9 years later Letizia has brought it back into action. A great choice.

Letizia looks fabulous! The clothing, jewellery and makeup look great!

And Letizia looks happy, which also helps :flowers:

I like the Manilla shawl skirt, very beautiful design. But in the video it looked a bit difficult to walk in.

The black top is a big NO NO for me.

I love the skirt and actually hadn't seen it before. Beautiful design.

The top doesn't flatter Letizia and it doesn't look great with the skirt.

Her hair looks very pretty. The makeup is quite harsh looking to me, though, especially the eyes.

I actually think the black top was the best fit so far with this skirt. The worst was the white silk blouse look, that was horrid. The other white top was only slightly better.

The skirt is absolutely beautiful. Thrilled to see it again. :flowers:

The top is quite lovely.

Her hair and accessories just finish off a great look. ?

It would have been nice to see Letizia wearing an outfit of more joyful colour at the gala dinner with this lovely elderly couple. The black ensemble looks very sad and bleak (...) and the top isn't the best choice for this visit from a quite conservative country. The skirt is as lovely as always, and she wears my favourite tiara, so points for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that both Queen Letizia and the President's wife wore black & white attire.
I think this black skirt with the white flower motive looks the best with this black top. Very lovely hairdo and makeup.

Yes, I like. Skirt to die for and black top perfect. White ones looked really off to me. Glad she didn't wear brighter color which would have out-shown president's older wife. As someone mentioned prior, Queen looked quite happy and content that evening. Always nice to see.

I love with th black top! and her muscular arms and sholders, she work out a lot! she looks stunning!

The first lady of Israel is the winner tonight. She looks lovely in her outfit and great to see other colour than black. Letizia looks ok, but I would have loved to see some lighter colour this evening on her.

I really like that dress. Simple but classy. I am hoping to see again

I like the dress, too. Not as pretty as the purple one she wore yesterday but nice overall and quite versatile. She should be able to get a lot of use out of it on different occasions.

Another lovely look. Beautiful and chic. Hair looks amazing :flowers:

Again elegant 'little black' not sombre. The added white detail adds to it.?

I'm not generally a fan of pantssuits but she looks fantastic! Love how the ponytail fits well with the overall look of the black outfit. Breathtaking!:flowers:

A pantsuit at the event with the president, Letizia has so many more appropriate outfits at her closet. And I think these gorgeous jewels are a little too important to be worn with a pantsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom