Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 4: July 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second dress was far superior to the first dress. It was more regal, it had more volume and the diadem certainly helped, a much better looking one than the first one which was way too big for Letizia's little head.

The blue dress is stunning and regal. She looks outstanding.

love the design and colour , great look for Queen Letizia

Some sources in Spain are identifying it as an Armani even if the drape of the dress is not the same. It could have been adapted by Armani or it may not be an Armani after all.

As to Varela, I've never understood why he's "dismissed" like he doesn't know what's he's doing. He's an excellent designer and tailor. Letizia's dresses are always impeccably tailored to her measurements and a "one off" when the occasion warrants it and needs it.

Letizia also looked great during the evening of the state visit. She definitely knows how to dress up for a banquet - and I also like how the blue dress complements the colours of her sash.

I think Q. letizia looked stunning during this state visit. Both Gowns are amazing, and goorgeos.. The red FV is to die for, i hope she will wear it for an official Photo, and for other important banquets. The blue one is also great on her and suits her very well, i cant wait to see it again..

The second dress was far superior to the first dress. It was more regal, it had more volume and the diadem certainly helped, a much better looking one than the first one which was way too big for Letizia's little head.

I agree that the tiara from the first night over powers Letizia but I imagine we'll have to get used to it - isn't it one of the more historical pieces in a not especially huge collection? She can't very well never wear it!

I suspect Letizia will have to get used to it, too. I often want to bang my head against a wall when I see what Letizia is wearing but one style mistake I've never seen her make is jewelry that's too much or too big.

The second evening, Letizia looked amazing! The color on her was great, the style of the dress was lovely and the jewels were spectacular. Lovely styling.

I hope Queen Letizia will never again tuck and frot the grand cordon of the Order of Elizabeth The Catholic in her bra. That is not too respectful for the dignity of this noble and historic Order.

The diadem called "La Buena" simply does not suit Letizia as it beautifully complemented Doña María de las Mercedes or Doña Sofía (the mother respectively the spouse of King Juan Carlos). My advice is to leave it in the cassette. Maybe it will once suit Doña Leonor.

No problem to leave diadems in the cassette. Queen Beatrix never wore the most important jewels of her House. Probably because she did not like these. The Delhi Durbar was only worn by Camilla a few years ago and has disappeared again. It can happen because ladies decide this-or-that bijoux are not suiting them or no longer their taste, as every female poster with a cassette full of bijoux will have experienced.

The floral diadem of the second evening needs a good, professional and ultrasone cleaning. They did so for Queen Mathilde's Nine Provinces Diadem and in Denmark it sparkled again in all forgotten splendour. The Prussian diadem is too small, the Mellerio Shell is a damn' difficult to wear piece of supreme craftmanship, La Buena is best ignored by Letizia, the new fleur-de-lys diadem puts the name and fame of Ansorena to deep shame, remains the pearl diadem which will look great on Doña Letizia, I expect. It is not so airy, so birdcage-like as La Buena.

Last edited:
Some sources in Spain are identifying it as an Armani even if the drape of the dress is not the same. It could have been adapted by Armani or it may not be an Armani after all.

As to Varela, I've never understood why he's "dismissed" like he doesn't know what's he's doing. He's an excellent designer and tailor. Letizia's dresses are always impeccably tailored to her measurements and a "one off" when the occasion warrants it and needs it.

True, Varela, every day above the designs of Natan, tailorwise. Varela's works always sit on Doña Letizia as if a coupeuse has personally sewn it on her body.

What I dislike in Varela is the utter predictability and especially his love for ornamental applications on his superior-cut designs. Sometimes less is more, Señor Varela! But one can not complain about his craftmanship.

Maybe Varela could use some of the variety and the colour palette of Natan. In return Natan can take a lesson or two (make it twenty) in perfect tailoring and the choice of right materials.

Last edited:
True, Varela, every day above the designs of Natan, tailorwise. Varela's works always sit on Doña Letizia as if a coupeuse has personally sewn it on her body.

Maybe Varela could use some of the variety and the colour palette of Natan. In return Natan can take a lesson or two (make it twenty) in perfect tailoring and the choice of right materials.

I don't really understand the problem in perfect tailoring for a Queen. Here you can still purchase an outfit, even if you have to go up and size to correctly shape the bust and have the garment altered perfectly to your own body. Seamstress are employed at all upscale stores and especially small expensive salons. Goodness, if the common person can always have clothes fit properly a Queen should have someone employed for this task if a fashion house won't correctly alter. But, if a "fashion house" won't take the time to properly fit a person.....get rid of them. There are plenty that will.

What I dislike in Varela is the utter predictability and especially his love for ornamental applications on his superior-cut designs. Sometimes less is more, Señor Varela! But one can not complain about his craftmanship.

Varela is often critizised to have no imagination of his own but to steal ideas from other designers and have them reworked into his own designs but less well executed.

btw it seems that PUIG (owns Nina Ricci, CH) etc claims that the blue gown is CH but no online proof yet.

I hope Queen Letizia will never again tuck and frot the grand cordon of the Order of Elizabeth The Catholic in her bra. That is not too respectful for the dignity of this noble and historic Order.

I agree it was an odd placement for the grand cordon. However, it was the sash of the Order of Charles III, rather than the Order of Isabella the Catholic.

I agree it was an odd placement for the grand cordon. However, it was the sash of the Order of Charles III, rather than the Order of Isabella the Catholic.

All Spanish royal ladies do it this way. There's nothing odd.

:previous: They do. Infanta Elena is a well known lover of strapless gowns and also wears her shashes this way. There is picture proof from many other ladies, I can look for it later.

I don't know if this only aplies in Spain, but the order is never supposed to touch bare skin, so actually leaving the order over bare shoulder would be unprotocolary this case. Obviously not all of them are doing it wrong, there is a reason.

:previous: They do. Infanta Elena is a well known lover of strapless gowns and also wears her shashes this way. There is picture proof from many other ladies, I can look for it later.
https://5www.ecestaticos.com/images...ncia-de-la-infanta-elena.jpg?mtime=1435407317

I don't know if this only aplies in Spain, but the order is never supposed to touch bare skin, so actually leaving the order over bare shoulder would be unprotocolary this case. Obviously not all of them are doing it wrong, there is a reason.
I remember pics of Swedish royal ladies with just a thin strip of fabric over one shoulder for the sash of an order not to be against naked skin.

https://5www.ecestaticos.com/images...ncia-de-la-infanta-elena.jpg?mtime=1435407317

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e5/77/d2/e577d2ed8031af432484360b0705e93a.jpg
Letizia has done it before a few times.

Your link didnt work I reposted it:

The last evening dresses of Queen Letizia were really great .. I am happy that she also trust other designers than FV. Her red dress in England has replaced the red dress from the Denmark wedding

Do we know who is the designer of the red dress ? Blue is Armani

The Red dress is Felipe Varela :ohmy:.. Its not for sure the Blue is Armani, ive read CH says its her dress..
Thanks a lot.
I think she didn't wear recently Caprile. For me je made her best gowns ever. The Danish wedding and her own wedding eve dress were absolutely perfection.

Sent from my D6603 using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks a lot.
I think she didn't wear recently Caprile. For me je made her best gowns ever. The Danish wedding and her own wedding eve dress were absolutely perfection.

Sent from my D6603 using The Royals Community mobile app

rumour is that she fell out with caprile a while ago. i believe it stems from the urdangarin affaire: caprile is a good friend of cristina and letizia does not want a connection with cristina any longer.

Here four ladies wearing an Order on naked skin. The difference with Letizia is that they did not fold their Order in a bra.

Picture

It's not tucked inside her bra. It is attached to inside of her gown.

As established, it's common in Spain to do as Letizia did. So comparing to British women, different country different custom. In Spain it's not correct to wear in bare flesh so they wear it as she did.

All Spanish royal ladies, Doña Sofía and Doña María de las Mercedes included, have worn Spanish sashes in contact with skin. Letizia also: picture. I prefer the riband flowing the natural way over the shoulder than tucked away inside the dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom