The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
As Lula said tradition between countries and their religion, even if it's the same, are quite different.

In Spain there are a very high number of women who wear pants to church, for two women with skirt or dress you could see eight with pants, I am not believer but if I need to attend a mass, except if it's a wedding or a first communion, I usually wear pants because inside of the church is not very warm precisely.

Andalucia for example is another world in Holy Week, there most of women wear black dress and even "peineta & mantilla", but for them these days are very important, something sacred.
Thank you and lula for telling us the Spanish traditions for dress for Easter. I find it very interesting that new clothes are worn on Palm Sunday

Old 04-01-2018, 11:21 PM
Serene Highness

A better look overall this year for Letizia compared to previous years. I like the top, dislike the pants. No issue with women wearing pants in church here but the outfit is still too casual for the occasion and her position. She looks out of place compared to the rest of the family.

Old 04-01-2018, 11:39 PM
Majesty

Would it kill her to wear a dress???No. But why should she???

Just because the British royals dress up in dresses and hats for every occasion, doesn't mean other royals need to. Letizia is a 21st century queen. Like Maxima, Victoria and other younger royal ladies, she understands you can be dressed up and formal, without being in a dress. If you expect women to still wear easter dresses and bonnets to church on Easter, you may die of shock going to church.

Letizia looked quite lovely and appropriate. She was not casual, a woman can wear pants and be more formal then many skirts or dresses.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:01 AM
Nobility

Not sure it's appropriate or not as I am not familiar with church/mass occasion, but she looks fine to me (even though I want to take off the buttons on her pants). No need to compare the Spanish to the British, different styles different traditions different protocols.

OT: Some poster menetioned peineta & mantilla, I think Letizia looks very gorgeous with peineta & mantilla and it's a pity that she doesn't wear them now.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I didn't like Letizia's outfit not because she wore pants. I didn't like this kind of short pants she seems to like, the combination of the length and the evening starrish shoes was not suitable neither for the occasion not for her position. It was a woman evening out outfit, good for an elegant lady to have a drink in town.
What I would say in the now 15 years we can follow Letizia's appearances and except some absolutely gorgeous evening dresses, in all her other appearances she never did more than a very elegant well paid company's high secretary or middle managerial lady. She never approached the regal elegance of a CP Mary or Queen Mathilde or Duchess of Cambridge.
She even many times slipped on a red carpet style, widely discussed to this forum.
I take out of my comment her evening gowns, almost always perfect
Old 04-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is one of her better casual appearances on Easter.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
It is one of her better casual appearances on Easter.
I agree. I think we have come to expect her to wear something other than a dress to Easter mass, so this does not surprise me. I actually like the outfit, and yes, one of her better Easter appearances.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:16 PM
Majesty

usually we see letizia wearing fairly informal and 'out of the mould' outfits for easter mass, which is strange as it is a rather formal occasion on the calendar of the monarchy of a catholic country. however, i rather liked the trousers she picked, they were a bit different and funky with the buttons at the side. the top, on the other hand, looked cheap unfortunately.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Letizia's outfit seems a bit business like for a church service, but she looks nice nevertheless. I like her polka dot top.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-04-2018, 10:35 AM
Courtier

The outfit is awful, from head to toe. The shirt is decent and could have worked well with other trousers or better a skirt. What can I say about the bag...? Cheap. She looks like and H&M clerk. A 17 year-old at a family event may have gotten away with it but a 45-year old Queen no. Thumbs down. (..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Letizia is a 21st century queen
But still a queen - some formality is expected. I've seen her in informal outfits that were lovely. This is just an informal, ugly outfit.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:54 PM
Nobility

I don't mind her wearing pants, but ugh those pants are horrid.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I adore how she styled this outfit - perfection. I loved the pants but especially with the shirt, bag and heels. This is thoroughly modern and fresh without looking silly.

BTW - pants are common for mass in general and Easter specifically in Spain. See the crowd: https://ep02.epimg.net/elpais/videos...72dd7c4160.mp4
Old 04-05-2018, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Letizia today at the 2nd seminar for informative treatment of disability in Social Networks in Madrid

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2018/PPE18040503.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2018/PPE18040502.jpg
Old 04-05-2018, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Nice and profession looking outfit her hair too looks very lovely today.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Letizia looks simple but nice and professional.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Queen Letizia today at the 2nd seminar for informative treatment of disability in Social Networks in Madrid:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2018/PPE18040502.jpg
Letizia looks fabulous! Good for her! After all the fuss and bother.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Letizia at the hospital today to visit King Juan Carlos

http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...def&m=oomcegii
http://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...def&m=nhfdecoi
Old 04-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

A nice, casual look for Letizia and perfect for the occasion.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like the trench but I always hat men's shoes on her, if flats ballerinas look much better.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...I1376-0236.jpg

New outfit when visiting with the girls.

Closed Thread