Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dusty pink ensemble is fine. The coat would be much better without huge patch pockets and piping.

I love her white scarf and the pink ensemble. The pink ensemble looks great on her (I'm not sure about her shoes - I'm not really a fan of peep toed stuff), it was one of the few ensembles that befits her new status since she became queen.

I loved the white outfit and head-scarf but I am not sure about the pink one. If it was me, i would have the white outfit made in dozens of colours and just wear them all the time! Somehow the coat seems a bit big and heavy for such a petite queen! The royal women of Morocco all looked splendid.

The arrival's Hugo Boss suit is well-tailored and suits Letizia well. I like the colour very much. She looked very professional, businesslike and appropriate. And the white suit is gorgeous, Letizia has always looked superb in it. She looked very stylish and dignified. Tuesday's second outfit was interesting with nice details, and the colour looked so good on Letizia. It will be nice to see this outfit without the coat too.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Letizia+Spain+Spanish+Royals+Visit+Morocco+oLE_FQ8s6Hjl.jpg

To me, the pink - or whatever colour it is - outfit is a typical Varela miss. Boring, dated design, badly fitted.

This is a very nice outfit and an outfit I expect from Letizia. It's tailored very well, the colour is great but the overall look is ruined with the peep toe heels. I also wished her hair was styled differently. A simple ponytail would've looked great!

About the coat, yes it is lovely but the weather is a bit warm for a coat to be worn IMO. A jacket in the same style would've been just as nice.

The pieces of the outfit are really good, but the overall effect of them together is a bit boring, although appropriate. The pants are a good fit and length compared to some of her others. The coat is nicely tailored and a good cut/style for her. I'd love to see that same jacket with a printed or off white sheath dress. Or maybe a cream colored tank to break up the color blocking.

I completely agree with you . . . Queen Letizia fits in perfectly with the rest of the ladies who are dressed in business attire, with the exception of Queen Salma who looks more festive . . . and relaxed. So yes, QL made a safe and good choice!

I have never understood why Letizia should dress like the other ladies in the crowd:flowers: "With the exception of Queen Salma." Shouldn't she dress along the line of Queen Salma since she is also a Queen?

The suit itself isn't bad, but it doesn't fit.

I still don't care for the pink suit. And I will never like peep-toed shoes!

I think she should ask q Salam who her tailor is, wow what a great red outfit, q letitzia is swimming in hers as usual lately

I loved both suits. The dusty pink coat was very Jackie Kennedy.

No, this look is silly! Her suits are so elegant and stylish though!
This look, which Queen Letizia seems to be very fond of, is more appropriate for a younger lady. Perhaps, if the skirt was substituted with a dress made of the same material, the ensemble would have looked more polished.

Last edited:
IMO she is still dressing like a princess not like a queen .

If the cardigan was shorter and the skirt's waistline was higher, it would have looked better.

It just doesn't have that polished, elegant look that a queen should have. She really needs to step it up a couple of notches.

:previous:Your right, she needs to let go of the sweaters/cardigans with flowing skirts, not professional at all. She can do it, we have seen her dressed for it, yet sometimes I wonder if she is running out the door and grabs what is close by, now days her time is limited. Wonder if she has someone who picks out her clothes to wear to events each day?

I have no problem with this. Looks fine - well-fitted top, swingy skirt - and a beautiful woman. In the end, she's the Queen, she sets the rules. I may not have a personal affinity for something she wears (happens rarely) - but I love the way she wears her clothing. Letizia has style and grace - she must have been born with the innate sense. I am enjoying the tone she is setting. Very comfortable and approachable. She has good instincts. :flowers:

I dislike seeing her in cardigan and flowing skirts.

Her outfit in her last private outing is ok.At least,she isn't wearing ripped jeans or a biker outfit.
I liked her white ensemble in Morroco.
The dusty pink one is ok altough a bit too big for her.The jacket could be nice without those big pockets.It's not suitable for the hot climate there.
The arrival suit in Morroco is a size too big.The colour is very nice but it's more suitable for a business meeting.

Always loved this skirt, the colours, the cut is flattering but unfortunately she tends to match it with cardigans that don't look good IMO at a formal event. It would've looked great with a white shirt and a boxy jacket or just perfectly fitted jacket. Or since she does like her cardigans, she could've dressed it up by adding a belt.

Granted most of the guests were in casual wear,King Felipe and all the other officials were in suits and looking professional,all except the queen of casual Letizia.Given she's queen consort now you'd think she'd put on a jacket and leave the cardigans for her cinema nights!

Much better outfit today in Oviedo, however the sandals were not nice.

Very blah looking once again, and the sandals certainly don't help.. I am sorry to be so negative with my posts, but I'm just not that into the dull colors. She looks so wonderful in colors and it is summer, after all.

Last edited:
It´s curious because I think that the sandals are the best part of the look. I don´t care for the blouse and skirt, but the sandals are to die for.

I love her outfit, sandals and all. She is a modern young Queen. I do not like the cardigans at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom