The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

The cardigan isnīt my favourite, but the dress is very beautiful. I see the whole outfit "too grey", but itīs an elegant outfit imo.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 02-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with the other posters. I like the dress but I don't like the cardigan.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The grey dress is nice and so is the lovely details on the cardigan but together they are abit too much

Old 02-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

well I love the cardigan I just think that is too mucht grey putting together with the dress, the cardigna is lovely although a bit casual but lovely
Old 02-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

the Grey color suits her.
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 02-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I echo everyone else. The pieces are nice separately, but together, they just don't work. The cardigan has too many details on the top (which are lovely), and should never be worn with a necklace. The dress itself is very pretty, but it would have looked nicer with a cardigan of a simpler cut and brighter color. She is wearing too much grey, which is very drab.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Courtier

The sweater has a very weird fit and does not fit Letizia properly. It has pockets which are useless - you would have to scrunch up your arms to get your hands into those pockets.
Sometimes Letizia wears inexpensive clothes and I applaud her trying to save money. But, many times, cheaper clothes are designed for the teen-age/really young women market and the styles reflect this. These very trendy styles are not flattering to a mature, older woman. Save the cheap stuff for the weekend and wear the nice, classic styles for the work days.
The same for the shoes: cheap shoes look too trendy and can cheapen the whole outfit. Her handbags are beautiful and look expensive. The expensive handbags stick out like sore thumbs with the mishmash of hit-or-miss outfits and tacky shoes.
The pricey handbags cannot save the whole overall look.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting that you should mention that the sweater was weird and ill-fitting, pamk. That was my first thought when I saw it. It appears to be tight at the top where she has buttoned it and yet kind of sloppy elsewhere. Strange choice with the simple yet chic look of the dress.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

The dress is extremely lovely. I love the cut and that little flower detail.
I agree with what has been said before: flowerdetail on the dress + cardigan details & necklace: it's too much and all grey in grey (even grey stockings).
But I hope we'll see the grey dress again (combined with simple jewels).

Old 02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

I like her outfit, beautiful dress, only the shoes are ugly.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Troonopvolgers!: Felipe en Letizia bezoeken tentoonstelling.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think its a great outfit. The dress would look great on its own but the cardi adds something more to the outfit. The jewellery was well chosen too!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

03/02 Meeting of the patronage of the 'Empresa y crecimiento' ('Enterprise and growth') Foundation, which objective is to develop the small and medium-sized companies in Latin America

Picture details
Picture details

a repeat at least for the 3rd time
Old 02-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love this suit.
The skirt and the jacket looks nice together, and the blouse is very lovely - is it black or brown?
The only thing I donīt like is, once again, her shoes.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Commoner

Letizia looks very pretty in her outfit It doesn't matter She has worn it three times. Some Princesses wear low-cut dresses from Prada that are too reaviling (it is a fact but one of them simply expose too much of her cleavage ) other are boring since they repeat their outfits.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

< Removed an unnecessary comment that would derail the discourse and that would eventually lead to an argument. Sorry. ~GT>
< Ok GT, thanks- HM >

I like this suit, although I prefered it when she wore it in Germany... without the black stockings..
ANP Beeldbank

Old 02-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

The suit is all right. However, I do not like an embellished black top. Something lighter with less embellishments would have been much better.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Courtier

Monochrome is the style for spring and summer and quite nice. It will always look neat and proper. We will see a lot more on fashion runways and large city events., etc. I like idea of dress, hose and shoes all the same color. Gray hose were correct as nude or flesh is completely out of style. Better no stockings at all then nude. The only woman that should wear flesh colored hose are over 60 when their legs are not without veins, etc. -- maybe she could have done without the sweater [unless she was cold] but I think that the necklace she was wearing with the addition of another strand of 24 inch ivory pearls would have really looked nice -- pearls are making a real huge comeback in all colors this year. Beautiful longer pearl earrings would also have been nice.

Anyway, she looked good, neat and pulled together plus she and her husband looked extremely happy together. What more could you want out of life.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Letizia

Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadziaMarta View Post
Letizia looks very pretty in her outfit It doesn't matter She has worn it three times. Some Princesses wear low-cut dresses from Prada that are too reaviling (it is a fact but one of them simply expose too much of her cleavage ) other are boring since they repeat their outfits.
As opposed to Letizia being not too exposed in this dress?!

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5605/felipexi1wc6.jpg

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess letizia, daytime fashion, letizia daytime fashion