The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Somehow her outfit looked a little missmatching to me.
Each piece itself was great... but I am not too fond of the combination.
The dress and the coat are two different tones of beige; the silver shoes don't match the black-purple purse.
As I said before: nice pieces; but not nice together IMO.
Btw: her hair looked a little messy.
I agree about the matching HM, the pieces look like thrown together. The purse is out of place with this outfit and the whole look as usual ordinarized by ugly silver peeptoes. I don't know for sure but my guess is that it's by Varela, another boooring coat / dress combination.

Letizia looked tired and forgot to wash her hair this morning. She looked similar 2 years ago in her early pregnancy with Sofia, somehow uncomfortable with a forced smile. Maybe another Borbon is on the way, would be a good excuse after all.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Old 10-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Dissapointing look. The coat looks big and its not Letizia. Its way to old for her IMO though I like the collar on it. The dress is boring, looks abit tight around the bust area and the neckline on the dress does not look nice with the collar of the coat. Color of the outfit does not do Letizia any good.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

The outfit isn't horrible or ugly...it's just boring. The color and texture of the coat are very nice, but the dress underneath looks kind of frumpy. I really like her shoes, but the purse looks terrible with this ensemble. She looks kind of washed-out in these colors. She also looks tired and pale.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks quite good. Maybe the colour wasn't the best choice better would be violet or red (she looks nice in red). Coat and dress looks good on her.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Nobility

I think she look ok, but not more than that. The color doesn't suit her well. I think the cut of this outfit would be better in another color.
Roll of dice..... 3.

You will do better next time Letizia. :)
Old 10-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont mind the outfit. I am pleased she has chosen a colour that i dont think she has worn before.
It also looks quite good next to the Queen's bright and the Infanta's dark colours.
I really like the texture of the coat.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2008/PPE08101203.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2008/PPE08101225.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2008/PPE08101207.jpg

She looks nice, but very boring. The coat looks similar to last year's blue coat, only longer, the dress is similar to the red dress two years ago. I guess that's her national day uniform by Varela. How easy to be the designer for Letizia LOL ! She needs a new designer period. Varela has become so lazy that each year he only changed the colors of the clothes .

She looks very nice in the coat dress by Adolfo Dominguez who was her designer during her old days on TV. Adolfo Dominguez is also liked by many famous women in Spain.
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3...22781loww1.jpg
Old 10-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she has some kind of contract with Varela for clothes?
Old 10-13-2008, 04:12 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
I dont mind the outfit. I am pleased she has chosen a colour that i dont think she has worn before.
She looked similar on National Day 2005 when she was pregnant with Leonor. But back then it was at least a matching outfit.

http://www.jamd.com/image/g/55904492
Old 10-13-2008, 04:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the jacket and the dress is elegant but all the same colour makes the whole outfit yes boring!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
She looked similar on National Day 2005 when she was pregnant with Leonor. But back then it was at least a matching outfit.

Jamd
Id figured Id let her off because the pregnancy makes such a difference
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Aristocracy

I think she looked nice! But she can do better!

Ok tell me I am crazy I don't care! I don't like her face after the operation! She lost sth of her charm i think!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Courtier

I like the ensemble, it is very elegant although it might look boring in the photographs. here is a close-up from the royals.web-log.nl

http://www.royals.web-log.nl/photos/...tional_dag.jpg
Old 10-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Nobility

I also think she lost her "uniqueness" after the nose op. Now she just another pretty woman. Don't like the grey ensemble on her, way to matronly and boring.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Somehow I agree with you. She looks boring and monotonous. The coat and the dress are beautiful, IMO, but wearing them together is not a good option.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
I like the ensemble, it is very elegant although it might look boring in the photographs. here is a close-up from the royals.web-log.nl

http://www.royals.web-log.nl/photos/...tional_dag.jpg
The outfit certainly does look much different up close. At a distance it did nothing for me but up close had quite nice details. Not her color. I would have liked better in the red that is touched in Felipe's uniform or a blue that would have matched Felipe's sash. That is what a good dresser/advisor does for a couple -- they should be coordinated for photos. A dresser always asks what the husband/date is wearing for the occasion. His clothes are mandiated for the occasion so hers should be made to compliment.

Even Willem-Alexander, definitely not a fashion icon, will on "dressy" occasions, coordinate his ties with Maxima's clothes.

Maybe Letizia wanted to blend into the background against her mother & sisters-in-laws -- of course how could anyone blend away on the arm on Felipe!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Nobility

Thank you for the picture close up, chuchu!!

Letizia look much better close up. Now this outfit has a new meaning to me. Now I like it better. It is very elegang with all the interresting details going on.

thank you chuchu!
Old 10-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelica View Post
I think she looked nice! But she can do better!

Ok tell me I am crazy I don't care! I don't like her face after the operation! She lost sth of her charm i think!
Totally agree - she has lost her "character" and uniqueness - her face has a blank look now.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I always think her 'character' and 'uniqueness' are her bright eyes, not her nose. She looked beautiful at the reception with her hair brushed very straight.
http://foto-cache.abc.es/jpg/2/4/1223876936442.jpg
http://foto-cache.abc.es/jpg/3/0/1223876919403.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/kbf6ee.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/6qv32a.jpg

Tags
crown princess letizia, daytime fashion