The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 10-02-2011, 02:15 PM
asma's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: shebeen, Egypt
Posts: 239
I like the outfit esp. the top and the colour of the cardi but I think it's too casual to be worn at official event.hey,,,again ,she is coming back to unsuitable clothes.
__________________

__________________
To die for something is better than to live for nothing.
  #242  
Old 10-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Troy, United States
Posts: 3,006
Agree. I had a feeling it wouldn't last long... Too bad. :(
__________________

__________________
  #243  
Old 10-02-2011, 08:42 PM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by asma View Post
I like the outfit esp. the top and the colour of the cardi but I think it's too casual to be worn at official event.hey,,,again ,she is coming back to unsuitable clothes.
I agree. The top and cardigan would have been great with a pair of jeans on a trip to the zoo, but not on this visit. I too am sad to see that the she is back to her old dressing habits.
__________________
  #244  
Old 10-02-2011, 09:52 PM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 3,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I like the outfit, very colourful, minus the cardi (makes it too casual). The hair looks strange, its pulled too flat.
http://noticias.terra.es/2011/gente-...v-02$599x0.jpg
I like the outfit minus the very green bag but, once again, wrong place, wrong time.

She could be out with the kids, visiting friends or shopping, anything but a Royal Engagement of this type.

And yes, it looks like she has changed her hairstyle or maybe just used a flat iron, but I don't like it. One of Letizia's greatest assets is her hair with it's volume, bounce and shine. This looks flat and lifeless and ageing.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13176062302407

As we see with the wind, it gives it life!
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #245  
Old 10-03-2011, 02:08 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Many people at the conference dressed rather informally with jeans and T-shirts, perhaps it was a weekend event, thus no strict business attire required. She went to visit the sick children after the conference, she probably wanted to look more comfortable, approachable with the kids than too business like wearing a suit. At least she wore some bright colors at the event with the children.
__________________
  #246  
Old 10-03-2011, 02:59 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Many people at the conference dressed rather informally with jeans and T-shirts, perhaps it was a weekend event, thus no strict business attire required. She went to visit the sick children after the conference, she probably wanted to look more comfortable, approachable with the kids than too business like wearing a suit. At least she wore some bright colors at the event with the children.
It looks pretty formal to me, no jeans and Tshirts around Letizia
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/imag...-Familiar2.jpg

The cardi ruined for me, too casual.
__________________
  #247  
Old 10-03-2011, 03:08 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,386
The top and pants are great IMO but ruined by the cardigan.I would've loved if she wore a coral jacket with that look and tucked in her top to make it look a bit dressy.
Visiting children or people around not dressed formal, at the end of the day Letizia is a crown princess therefore has to dress up to her title when in public. The problem with Letizia and cardigans is that she tends to get them a size too small or quite short which always looks like it belongs to her daughter, longer cardigans will always look more formal than shorter ones.
  #248  
Old 10-03-2011, 04:18 AM
Daisiesforever's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 609
I do love the floral blouse and trousers but I agree, the cardigan makes the look far too casual. First thing that came to mind was that of a "housewife" relaxing at home. Possibly a formal jacket, in the same deep salmon or coral shade, would have been much more complimentary.
__________________
  #249  
Old 10-03-2011, 08:42 AM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,969
Quite a casual and mismatched outfit IMO. She can do way better than that when she wants to!
__________________
With passion and poetry...
  #250  
Old 10-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It looks pretty formal to me, no jeans and Tshirts around Letizia
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/imag...-Familiar2.jpg

The cardi ruined for me, too casual.
Other than those older people on the first two rows in the center, most of others pretty much dressed casually, you can see many jeans, casual shirts in the video posted by lula.
__________________
  #251  
Old 10-04-2011, 03:09 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Other than those older people on the first two rows in the center, most of others pretty much dressed casually, you can see many jeans, casual shirts in the video posted by lula.
Letizia shouldnt be dressed according what the audience are dressed in. Can you imagine the reaction if Letizia turned up in jeans an d cardigan to an event just because everyone else was. There is a way of dressing appropriate but casual and that is without a cardigan and untucked top. She would've looked fine if she tucked her top in and left the cardigan at home, its could've been the perfect look for the day.
  #252  
Old 10-04-2011, 03:25 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Letizia shouldnt be dressed according what the audience are dressed in. Can you imagine the reaction if Letizia turned up in jeans an d cardigan to an event just because everyone else was. There is a way of dressing appropriate but casual and that is without a cardigan and untucked top. She would've looked fine if she tucked her top in and left the cardigan at home, its could've been the perfect look for the day.
Don't see anything wrong with a cardigan and untucked top for a casual look, it's a fashionable look and many women did it everywhere.
I only like the floral top, don't like the cardi and skinny pants, but I don't think her clothes were inappropriate for the weekend event where most people dressed casually.
__________________
  #253  
Old 10-04-2011, 04:55 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Letizia shouldnt be dressed according what the audience are dressed in. Can you imagine the reaction if Letizia turned up in jeans an d cardigan to an event just because everyone else was. There is a way of dressing appropriate but casual and that is without a cardigan and untucked top. She would've looked fine if she tucked her top in and left the cardigan at home, its could've been the perfect look for the day.
You are right. Letizia is not just another private people among the audience. She represents the crown.
__________________
  #254  
Old 10-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Don't see anything wrong with a cardigan and untucked top for a casual look, it's a fashionable look and many women did it everywhere.
I only like the floral top, don't like the cardi and skinny pants, but I don't think her clothes were inappropriate for the weekend event where most people dressed casually.
I didn't mind her outfit, but the excuse that "many others" or "most people dressed casually" shouldn't apply to Letizia. She isn't "most people" anymore
__________________
  #255  
Old 10-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
I didn't mind her outfit, but the excuse that "many others" or "most people dressed casually" shouldn't apply to Letizia. She isn't "most people" anymore
Why not ? Since it's decided by the dress code of the event. Royals are not required to dress formally for every single official event and none of them did anyway (maybe except for older ones like Sofia).
__________________
  #256  
Old 10-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Why not ? Since it's decided by the dress code of the event. Royals are not required to dress formally for every single official event and none of them did anyway (maybe except for older ones like Sofia).
You're right, it's not required.
__________________
  #257  
Old 10-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,536
06-10-2011 Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe attended the opening of the occupational training course 2011/2012 at the secondary school 'Angel de Saavedra' in Cordoba, Spain

Repeated grey suit, one of the suits that should be hidden in the closet forever. The cut is terrible, especially the trousers, the jacket looks ill-fitted. The purple blouse underneath is nice.
I dont get the habit of rolling up the sleeves, doesnt look good at all.

Full view
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100622.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100621.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100609.jpg

Close-up: showing the white bra
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100623.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100615.jpg
__________________
  #258  
Old 10-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
06-10-2011 Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe attended the opening of the occupational training course 2011/2012 at the secondary school 'Angel de Saavedra' in Cordoba, Spain

Repeated grey suit, one of the suits that should be hidden in the closet forever. The cut is terrible, especially the trousers, the jacket looks ill-fitted. The purple blouse underneath is nice.
I dont get the habit of rolling up the sleeves, doesnt look good at all.

Full view
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100622.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100621.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100609.jpg

Close-up: showing the white bra
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100623.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100615.jpg
The only thing I like is the color of the blouse. It's very nice. However, everything else is just a no-no.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #259  
Old 10-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
06-10-2011 Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe attended the opening of the occupational training course 2011/2012 at the secondary school 'Angel de Saavedra' in Cordoba, Spain

Repeated grey suit, one of the suits that should be hidden in the closet forever. The cut is terrible, especially the trousers, the jacket looks ill-fitted. The purple blouse underneath is nice.
I dont get the habit of rolling up the sleeves, doesnt look good at all.

Full view
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100622.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100621.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100609.jpg

Close-up: showing the white bra
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100623.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2011/PPE11100615.jpg
This is just plain ugly. Pretty blouse and color, but everything else a big no.
__________________
  #260  
Old 10-06-2011, 02:05 PM
cmbruno's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 436
Again, I don't like anything. I think the shoes are the worst. or maybe the suit? Most of the time I just refrain from posting because I hate to be so negative. She is such an intelligent woman, with a beautiful voice and good looks. It is sad to see so much potential wasted...
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 5: August 2011 - August 2012 dazzling Archives 390 08-21-2012 01:59 AM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 22: October 2011 - February 2012 iceflower Archives 393 02-10-2012 04:30 PM
Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 4: August 2010 - August 2011 iceflower Archives 390 08-31-2011 12:07 PM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 20: June 2011 - August 2011 JessRulz Archives 392 08-03-2011 03:57 AM
Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 15: August 2010 - October 2010 JessRulz Archives 397 10-19-2010 04:24 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]