Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2009 - February 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pants are not bad if you look at it worn by the model (on Mango's site).
What makes it look bad is that the pants were a size too big matched with a shapless size bigger jacket and a loose/ish top.
Such pants have to fit perfectly and matched with a tight top/fitted short jacket and nice pumps and a nice chunky necklace added to the look.

Dealing with fashion, outfit Wardrobe ....P.Letizia is in totale oposition with Princess Mary, Queen Rania and I really admire that
Princess paid py public money, who is not dumping money by the windows, most of all respecting people money and spanish people simply
who is more professionnel lady than a Model princess
All this and staying elegant + of that
who is still coherent with her origin
She wears Zara Mango ....spanish firms , nice or not, elegant pieces or not these pieces are sold by millions as soon as she wears them ....this way to help spanish industry is very nice
I wrote it so many times , but really one more time i Write it again, I really admire this Lady

Dealing with fashion, outfit Wardrobe ....P.Letizia is in totale oposition with Princess Mary, Queen Rania and I really admire that
Princess paid py public money, who is not dumping money by the windows, most of all respecting people money and spanish people simply
who is more professionnel lady than a Model princess
All this and staying elegant + of that
who is still coherent with her origin
She wears Zara Mango ....spanish firms , nice or not, elegant pieces or not these pieces are selt by millions as soon as she wears them ....this way to help spanish industry is very nice
I wrote it so many times , but really one more time i Write it again, I really admire this Lady

I totally agree with you :flowers:

I always think that there are always soemone who keeps to criticize Princess Letizia, her clothes, her personalities, her background, even how her daughers dressed. I know everyone has freedom of speaking but I can't keep silence when the criticism is being much harsh and that it simply like a personal attack. Hey, wearing clothes with resonable price are a very normal human being, even royalty need not to wear international brands with extremely expensive price when in public every time, especially the one has a very busy schedule. More, a lovely royalty should get close to the people, wearing high fashion just make her to be within sight but not within reach! I see Letizia is a warm person who understand her priority well, and that's why people respect her. :flowers: I enjoy to see a beautiful woman buys and wears clothes by her own choice and creativity, even some of the mix and match may be not very well but still a good try.

I would like to begin by apologizing to any member of TRF if my comments posted yesterday about Letizia's clothes/shoes were offensive. I certainly did not mean to come across that way. Quite the contrary, Letizia for the most part is one of my favorite royals, and her style is one of the things I admire about her most. Where my criticism stems from are certain items of clothes/shoes that in my opinion were not that attractive on her. I know that you can look good and have nice clothes in any price range, but I was merely pointing out that I personally thought that some of her clothes/shoes were either poorly fitted or unattractive, in my opinion. I have learned quite a lot about Letizia in the last 24 hours from members of TRF, and I appreciate all your comments. I think it is wonderful that she really supports Spanish designers and the Spanish fashion industry (whether I like their creations or not), and as I just learned from reading Ikram's post that pieces Letizia wore sell for millions and help the Spanish economy I think that is really wonderful. Personally, I just enjoy looking at the fashions of not only Letizia, but also many other stylish royals that are profiled on this forum. I love seeing what they wear, and I could only wish to have some of the beautiful clothes shown here. What my concerns were about were that some of her clothing pieces lately have not been as attractive as I have seen in past posts, which led me to wonder what was going on, as if someone who may have been advising her was not around anymore. I later learned that the SRF doesn't have stylists, so it was more of what was available from the designers. I know we all have our own personal taste and style, and I really don't care if Letizia wears sweats and tshirts on her own time. But I think that when she steps out representing Spain, she should go back to when she was always stylish and chic, instead of some of her more recent choices, which, IMO, have looked more appropriate for either going to a club or something like that. I also understand that everyone has their own opinions about everything, and I quite honestly love reading everyone's viewpoints. I know no one called me out about my comments, but I just wanted to make clear I had no intention of being rude or offensive to Letizia or any member of TRF, if in fact my comments were taken like I was attacking her,b/c I was not. I love TRF and really enjoy all that they offer, and enjoy reading comments from all the members. Peace and blessings to you all.

... And let's not speak about the Royals and Natan...
With all due respect, but certain royal ladies wear ill-fitted creation by Natan, they are duly criticised for doing so.
I always think that there are always soemone who keeps to criticize Princess Letizia, her clothes, her personalities, her background, even how her daughers dressed. I know everyone has freedom of speaking but I can't keep silence when the criticism is being much harsh and that it simply like a personal attack. Hey, wearing clothes with resonable price are a very normal human being, even royalty need not to wear international brands with extremely expensive price when in public every time, especially the one has a very busy schedule. More, a lovely royalty should get close to the people, wearing high fashion just make her to be within sight but not within reach! I see Letizia is a warm person who understand her priority well, and that's why people respect her. :flowers: I enjoy to see a beautiful woman buys and wears clothes by her own choice and creativity, even some of the mix and match may be not very well but still a good try.
I feel that criticism aimed at Crown Princess Letizia's fashion choices has nothing to do with price tags, but more tailoring. She is free to wear what she wants. However, ill-fitted or mismatched clothes from both luxury and affordable brands look bad. No one will criticise her for wearing a properly-tailored Mango dress/shirt/jacket. I believe that it is deemed expedient for Crown Princess Letizia to acquire a few suits/dresses/trousers from luxe brands, because these clothes will be tailored to fit her and can be recycled in many ways later.

I can't beleive she did go out in sush outfit:eek::eek:
I know Princess Letizia is promoting Spanish fashion and that really nice but it doesn't mean you have to looks tacky,she did wear some very elegant and fashionable pieces from Spanish designers in past but happen now???!!!!...:sad:
her last pant remaind me a very traditional pants we have in morocco usually men wore them under their traditinal Djalaba:p

on the other hand her grey dress was super beautiful on her looove it even if i don't like skinny women.

I think Letizia purposedly didn't want to wear the pants short like the Mango model since it's still winter. That probably also resulted in the pants looking a bit loose around the thighs since she didn't take the right size.

I feel that criticism aimed at Crown Princess Letizia's fashion choices has nothing to do with price tags, but more tailoring. She is free to wear what she wants. However, ill-fitted or mismatched clothes from both luxury and affordable brands look bad. No one will criticise her for wearing a properly-tailored Mango dress/shirt/jacket. I believe that it is deemed expedient for Crown Princess Letizia to acquire a few suits/dresses/trousers from luxe brands, because these clothes will be tailored to fit her and can be recycled in many ways later.

A couple of weeks ago, the Spanish fashion legend Elio Berhnanyer criticized Sofia and Elena for wearing luxious brands like Valentino, Dior, Chanel instead of supporting the Spanish fashion in magazine 'ten minutes'. There was not much media interest at the Queen or the infantas, if the same criticism was for Letizia, we already saw them all over the heart programs or internets. Like I said before, being modest is the best option for the current economic situation. She always dressed decently for the big occasions such as the PoA awards or the National day, if she liked to experiment fashion a bit for the less major events, the Spanish media rather welcomed the change (I always got the impression that the pink press didn't like Varela much, perhaps a bit jealous of his luck), hits or misses, I doubt most people really cared.

Donna, Magrit is an old and important company. It has not been discovered by the Princess Letizia.

Comfortable woman shoes- Quality woman shoes in Alicante - Woman shoes in Alicante

Their shoes go being worn by the Royal Family for many years, also the Queen Elisabeth or Camilla (on her wedding with Prince Charles) have worn their shoes. They have made the shoes of Donna Karan, Carolina Herrera or Yves Saint Laurent.

I know Magrit has always been a well known brand in Spain with many important clients. But they just launched the online shop last Sept and tries to be a global brand like Zara or Mango.

Magrit launching online shop

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like her pants outfit for the reason that everyone else is dressed for a ceremony and she appears too casual. This outfit looks thrown together with little thought put into it. I like Letizia, but lately some of her style choices have not been the wisest. If the men are dressed in very nice suits and the women are dressed in nice dresses, then one should follow by wearing a more elegant pantsuit, dress, or skirt and top etc. Letizia's latest outfit is appropriate for shopping or lunch, but not for a ceremony. It could be construed that she felt that this appearance was not that important to dress more formally. I applaud and support her for sticking with Spanish designers.:flowers:

The pants are not usual classic style, but trendy and comfortable (I have a couple of pairs). You have to be thin to wear those pants and Letizia wears them well. A matching suit jacket tailored for this style pants would have been much better instead of a suede jacket 3-4 years ago.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01KX0iLbA8bKk/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08Uk0QU5pneh6/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01kY9Z80cL38T/x610.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/24n1tg1.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/r889id.jpg

I like the shoes, but not with these pants, i like the jacket but not with these pants also
as always, her make-up was perfect and her hairdo very elegant

Letizia today!

96409183.jpg (image)
x610.jpg (image)
fhjf.jpg (image)

I think the pants are from MANGO: what do you think??
mango.jpg (image)

I love the top half of the outfit, but the shoes and 3/4 are horrible.

Love the grey dress, she looks wonderful in these pictures. :)

The Princess Letizia has broken a stereotype, maybe the Queens and Princesses must not dress always High Couture designs. If she has to represent the Spanish... to dress in street brands, to experiment with trends, have successes and mistakes with the fashion ... it is what the Spanish women do normally. And if sometimes she has mistakes like these trousers, she has them. High Couture or street brands, classic clothes or modern clothes ... all the women, queens or princesses, have mistakes... a wrong cut, a horrible print, too brilliant fabrics...

Initially the Princess always was dressing correct, how it is supposed that she had to go. And the people were thinking that it was making her too serious and distant. I believe that when she discovered that she was doing what she was doing they were going to speak about her, she decided to liberate herself. Because probably a dinner, an act in the Congress or a visit to a school, do not need the same type of clothes.

Also I believe that now she wants to be more comfortable, and it has done that she does not go elegantly enought in some acts, specially out of Madrid. But probably it is a consequence of her intense agenda, of the geography of Spain and of the economic cuts. There are times that the trip in helicopter or by train it is longer than the act, and since she has gone out of Palace dressed, brushed and made up have passed two hours. I believe that the practical sense has won to the image.

Lula, I see your point. Yes we all do mistakes and so does the royal family and yes you can do mistakes on high designers as well as average designers but Letizia has not made one or two mistakes she has made a dozen. if we talk about economic cuts then why buy ill-flattering or size too big pieces instead of recycling many of her lovely past outfits?

I do know that Letizia supports the Spanish fashion industry and has been in many Valera, Mango & Zara outfits, why not discover other names? Once in a while she dresses in other Spanish designers which look good but she tends to always go back to Mango & Valera.

Dazzling, probably to have a big wardrobe is easier when you pay a stylist who does everything or when you go to do your shopping to London or Paris. And partly it is normal that they have their designeres of reference, because or you have a lot of free time or pay someone who devotes exclusively to it ... or it is impossible that these women have time to see all the collections, to go to the shops, tried the clothes...

The majority of the clothes of the Princesses Maxima and Mathilde are of Natan, and only in some occasions they dress other designers. So what Princess Letizia does, it is not so strange. What happens is that instead of Armani or Valentino, she dresses Armand Bassi, Adolfo Dominguez, Modesto Lomba...

And though it is one to one, little by little the Princess has dressed clothes of many Spanish designers... something that about the Queen and the Infantas it is not possible to say.

The majority of the clothes of the Princesses Maxima and Mathilde are of Natan, and only in some occasions they dress other designers.

Yes, the majority of the clothes of Mathilde is of Natan but Maxima is not. You can see here Maxima's choices.

No one is attacking Letizia personally! Not sure why some are apologizing for their comments on her clothing choices. The thread is about her daytime fashion, and the posts reflect that her choices have been dismal more often than not. Everyone understands that the economy is horrific, but surely she can dress in a way where she is dressed for the occasion in a manner befitting a crown princess and where her clothes are tailored to fit her tiny frame. I'm sure she is a lovely woman personally, but her clothing choices look ridiculous for a woman in her position and age group:flowers:

Also I believe that now she wants to be more comfortable, and it has done that she does not go elegantly enought in some acts, specially out of Madrid. But probably it is a consequence of her intense agenda, of the geography of Spain and of the economic cuts. There are times that the trip in helicopter or by train it is longer than the act, and since she has gone out of Palace dressed, brushed and made up have passed two hours. I believe that the practical sense has won to the image.

I fail to see that point. It is her job to look appropriate / make an effort regarding appearance and calling her agenda intense is probably right but only compared to other members of the SRF, like Infanta Elena. Letizia has 3, maybe 4 acts per week, very often, as you mention, the act itself is even shorter that the travel to get there. What is so difficult about chosing appropriate clothes, brushing etc for these events that last 2 or 3 hours, with either morning or afternoon out of the limelight? What is keeping her from doing so, the time issue is nothing compared to business women on senior management who have to look good and perform (not only walking behind the boss and smile) 10 or more hours per day, at least five days per week?

I agree with Dazzling, in the past months it has always been Mango, Zara or Varela, the days of Dominguez or Caprile have long gone. Letizia dresses Burberry, a foreign high end designer quite frequently, why not the same in Spain, the fashion she is supposed to promote?

I actually like the fact that Letizia dressed exactly the way she wants. Don't kid yourself, it has all be OKed by the "higher-ups" or she wouldn't be wearing the outfits she does. Anyone that doesn't believe that, really doesn't know the "behind the doors" of any countries politics. Everything is all very closely orchestrated. Beside, if the news medias are critiquing Letizia, they are leaving someone else in the Royals or politics alone. She, being prior in the news media, knows exactly what she is doing for her husband and country, even though sometimes we all shake our heads. She understood all this before she married.

I like Letizia alot. She does a great job. I don't critizise her personality but in my opinion she dresses horribly in the last months. Of course it is great to see her promoting stores like mango and zara. but honestly their collections have better pieces then the ones worn by letizia. pieces that would look better on a princess; on a future queen. most of her skirt are too short. the latest pants looked so hideous on her. it made her look so very skinny. she should hire a fashion stylist.

Spain has great fashion designers (Varela is one of the worse if you ask me) not to mention Spain's shoe and bag making tradition.

The shoes Letizia usually wears are plain ridiculous, specially for a Princess in action, she it tall as she will be, people her age don't grow; I underestand her husband is a really tall guy but that's not a big issue, they are "high" shoes much more fine that the bulky bold things she buys in every color every season, more appopiate for Lady Gaga, ridiculous in a Princess, and then she combined the outfits with the wrong shoes or the minis gets shorter everyday, a disaster.

Their clothes at the beginning I din't like it much myself but that is because I had ever and will never like Varela, but now Im almost crying for their return, the last outfit is plain ridiculous, she's not a teen anymore and this last act, itself, required some sort of elegance and a ladylike outfit at the very least. It wasn't a meeting with teenager of some organization but an important price.

She looked awful in my opinion; I can assure you can wear thousands of outfit combinations from Spanish designers both beautiful and relatively cheap, nobody is talking about Valentinos or Gaultiers (even though she has the budget ....) but she doesn't need to go to the extremes, there is a middle happy medium you know.

The act was not only for the prize, they went to the central market and it was raining, that could be the main reason she wore a pair of ankle length pants. I know the style she was going after, she did it wrong with a too big jacket and low quality Mango pants, she should have asked Varela to make her a pansuit with a long jacket and ankle length pants that are in fashion right now.

http://i35.tinypic.com/w9xr1t.jpg

I agree with Dazzling, in the past months it has always been Mango, Zara or Varela, the days of Dominguez or Caprile have long gone. Letizia dresses Burberry, a foreign high end designer quite frequently, why not the same in Spain, the fashion she is supposed to promote?

She only had a black Burberry coat that she had worn a dozen of times and a Burberry bag. Both pieces are a couple of years old. I wonder if they were the gifts from her mom-in-law who usually did her Christmas shopping in London. Anyway, if she is promoting Burberry, she would have worn their new collection this year, but she didn't. Actually she has been seen recently with pieces from Armand Bassi (a purple sweater), Adolfo Dominguez (a shirt), Modesto Lomba (a black dress) as lula said, hopefully she will wear more pieces from other designers and less Varela.

She only had a black Burberry coat that she had worn a dozen of times and a Burberry bag. Both pieces are a couple of years old. I wonder if they were the gifts from her mom-in-law who usually did her Christmas shopping in London. Anyway, if she is promoting Burberry, she would have worn their new collection this year, but she didn't. Actually she has been seen recently with pieces from Armand Bassi (a purple sweater), Adolfo Dominguez (a shirt), Modesto Lomba (a black dress) as lula said, hopefully she will wear more pieces from other designers and less Varela.

I agree, Letizia doesn´t use only Varela, Mango or Zara. She has many Armand Basi outfits and shoes. Last summer she had dresses from Caramelo and Ailanto.
http://www.elmundo.es/yodona/albumes/2009/12/21/ultimos_looks_letizia/index_3.html

Donna, I also think that the handbags of Burberry are gifts. To someone in the family must like Burberry because the Infanta Cristina and the children also use the brand.

Burberry is British, but the company has an important enough Spanish division. There is a factory with 900 workers that makes what it is sold in Spain. A few years ago the Spanish division also was of Spanish property, though later they sold it to the international group.

They are the things of the current market. Also there are companies that are Spanish but have foreign designers.

I'm sure she is a lovely woman personally, but her clothing choices look ridiculous for a woman in her position and age group:flowers:

But why on earth do people always want to put others in GROUPS ???????That is so awful and untolerant ! Let other people be the way they want to be . You don't like, fine, that's your right but let people breethe !

(This comment comes from someone that doesn't always like the way Letizia dresses ...;))

personally, I find that most of the time, Princess Lateizia has very nice and elegant styles, the pants she wore for her last event is one of the rare piece I don't like in her wardrobe

I personally like Letizia a lot, I´m Spanish and I think she does a great job representing Spain. I like the fact that she´s understood perfectly what being a princess means, IMO: she hasn´t become a model or a superstar-though the media wants it-, worried about appearing on magazine covers, attending fashion shows or wearing the most expensive brands. She does her job seriously and I admire her for that.
But that doesn´t mean that her clothes´choice is always the best. In fact, in my opinion nowadays she dresses awfully the most of the time. Sometimes, she is a example of what a CP should not wear. I don´t think that the way you dresses is such an important thing for your job, but if you are a public figure, you should look at least how if you take care about your appearance, IMO.
That´s just my opinion and I don´t want to blame Letizia for that. I´ve said before that I like her, and her clothes are the only thing that I hate about her. I can´t say that for all the CPs ;)

I have said before and I think That Princess Letizia is doin agreat job by wearing spanish designer brands but brands that are acessible to most of the people..and yes when I see something on her I always go to massimo dutti or Mango to buy them and they are ussualy such lovely pieces...I love the way she dress.
And donnak she doesn't have only a black burberry jacket she has also a white burberry jacket very lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom