Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 10: October 2009 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah, as always... :ohmy: ugly shoes as always...:bang: boring as always...:ermm:

Letizia looked lovely today in India. Professional and modern.

As for wearing a pencil skirt I can just imagine people complaining about her wardrobe if she did!

This is a lovely fresh and modern look. I liked every piece, except for the platform shoes of course. White & silver grey is a great combination, I love it!

I love this white jacket. The sleeves are very cute, and I think that it looks lovely with the grey trousers. I don't care for the shoes, but otherwise, I think that she looks great.

It is nice that she change this look and choose grey tousers rather than white or black - its one of my favourite jackets on Letizia

good outfit but a pair of manolo blahnik mary janes would've looked better

Sling bag

Have you noticed that she has recently started wearing a sling bag over one shoulder for functions? It's OK when she is on holidays with the family but not on official functions, IMO. Can't remember which occasion it was but she had a purple jacket on. What do you all think?

Have you noticed that she has recently started wearing a sling bag over one shoulder for functions? It's OK when she is on holidays with the family but not on official functions, IMO. Can't remember which occasion it was but she had a purple jacket on. What do you all think?

I dont think a royal should carry her bag like that at any official events.
Its very unroyal and very unproffesional, you would never catch even high working lady carrying her purse like that.
I would not mind at all if this was a private event but not an official event.

She has worn her bag at two events
Here and here

the bag is by Armand Basi.

I dont think a royal should carry her bag like that at any official events.
Its very unroyal and very unproffesional, you would never catch even high working lady carrying her purse like that.
I would not mind at all if this was a private event but not an official event.

She has worn her bag at two events
Here and here

the bag is by Armand Basi.

I don't find anything wrong in her way to carry her bags, I find that nice

I must confess that I'm not a big fan of Letizia's fashion generally (plus she looks just too skinny & unhealthy to me, but I don't want to start a discussion about that :flowers:). The last day-outfits were especially disappointing for me. The white jacket from yesterday was okay and quite nice, but I didn't like the pants nor the shoes. I really hope she will add some colours in the next time, she looks gorgeous in strong colours IMO. I too find the way she's carrying her bags not very pretty & appropiate.

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe of Asturias (C) and Princess Letizia pose during the inauguration of the Instituto Cervantes in New Delhi on November 11, 2009.
Another disappointing mix and match outfit. The repeated white dress is nice but not with the casual jacket and scarf. The green shoes do work with the white dress but not together with the casual additions.
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/16513421.jpg

Private lunch with the President of the Republic, Pratibha Devisingh Patil
Nice outfit, white dress and green shoes with green belt.
http://noticias.terra.es/mundo/2009...cipes-de-asturias-en-nueva-delhi-00$599x0.jpg

So far everything repeated, would be good to see something new.

I like this white dress with those shoes! it always has been elegant but not with this jacket and scarf!!

Does princess Letizia have a personal stylist?? she should have one !!!

I like the white dress but the jacket and the scarf don't look nice with it. What a strange mix!
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

What's going on with her hair? It seems to be "out of control" these last days!
Belga

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...ias/viaje-oficial/bombay/0-21-705/21705-a.jpg
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...ias/viaje-oficial/bombay/0-21-701/21701-a.jpg

The jacket is repeated and I like the cut. It's black and white and I don't like the blah grey pants with it, a black pencil skirt would have been much more elegant. And, of course, "not without my Mango shoes" :bang: one of the most ugly pairs Letizia owns.

India is a country of colours, hopefully we see something new that is not black, white or grey.

very nice outfit, I like the combinaison of grey and white

I like the white dress but the jacket and the scarf don't look nice with it. What a strange mix!
Daylife
Daylife

the dress is nice and suits her a lot, but it doesn't match with the casual jaket, and the scarf if it match well with the jacket doesn't match with the dress

Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Belga

Agree, giov! The dress per se is quite beautiful, the belt is a nice addition plus the shoes are interesting IMO. But with the jacket and scarf, I don't know... :ermm: The scarf itself is nice, though.

I love the colourful scarf. It looks great with the jacket.
The white dress and the open peep toes look strange with a scarf though.
Looks like a combination of a summer and a winter-outfit. ;)
The dress with the green belt is lovely (wthout jacket and scarf) and belongs to my favourite pieces worn by Letizia.
I agree that her hair doesn't look good during this trip so far.
It looks rather messy.

I am a little confused about this outfit. Winter/summer??? The fabric and style of the dress does not lend itself to being paired with a fall type jacket and scarf. The top half of the outfit would have looked better with a pair of nice trousers, the dress would have looked better with a nice cardigan. I do agree that her hair could do with a little more attention and styling.

About yesterday´s outfit:
I like the white jacket very much, it has a nice cut and lovely details. It looked very good paired with the grey pants.
Today:
The white dress with green shoes is wonderful, it suits Letizia very well. I also liked her scarf a lot, although the jacket and the scarf maybe weren´t the best match to the dress.
It was strange, although nice to see Letizia (and Felipe) bare feet at a tribute to India's founding father Mahatma Gandhi at the Rajghat memorial
Daylife

The scarf is really pretty and matches the jacket really well but both combined with the white dress it looks messy, casual look and the dress is too dressy for a casual scarf.

I think that the brown jacket and the scarf are too casual for the white dress. Moreover, the green shoes don´t work in that outfit.
The white dress with green belt and shoes is stunning.

Each piece is beautiful, an elegant white dress, a stylish jacket, a colorful and impressive scarf. They just don't work together, I agree with almost all of you.

Well said MelinaB. I'd like to add the the scarf is overpowering Letizia. Its just too big and too much on her small frame/body. I loved the outfit for summer (the shoes I would DIE for!!!!) but enough is enough....retire the dress.

Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Belga

The Belga picture looks like she is wearing a white matching jacket? Does anyone have a bigger picture? :)

I think her hair looks okay, but I do not like the first jacket or the scarf. :ermm:

Style

She has such a great figure and is beautiful but she somehow doesn't seem to have that special style that says class and elegance. The best I can remember her is in that stunning red gown at Frederick and Mary's wedding. Her daytime and eveningwear, although I'm sure very expensive, don't seem to look it whereas Mary seems to be able to put together a relatively casual outfit and still look good. I know it is unfair to compare but that is just my opinion. What do you all think?

She has such a great figure and is beautiful but she somehow doesn't seem to have that special style that says class and elegance. The best I can remember her is in that stunning red gown at Frederick and Mary's wedding. Her daytime and eveningwear, although I'm sure very expensive, don't seem to look it whereas Mary seems to be able to put together a relatively casual outfit and still look good. I know it is unfair to compare but that is just my opinion. What do you all think?

I personally like very much of Letizia´s style. I like the way she uses quite a lot clothes from Zara and Mango, they are clothes that everyone can afford. I think that many spaniards nowadays appreciate that, because the economical situation in Spain is quite difficult, the unemployment rate is almost 18 percent. E.g. here in Finland the rate is 8 percent. I think that it is understandable and admirable that the spanish royals are trying to cut their costs.
The Wall Street Journal: Spanish Despair Rises as Jobs Shrink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom