Jordanian Royal Ladies, Fashion and Style: Part 1 (October 2008 - July 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not talking about Rania or Sarah only, but about every Jordanian royal woman in general who doesn't wear Thoubs on such as events to represent her country, after all royals are here to represent their countries and cultures, and I am always happy when I see that the Moroccan royals do, also Princesses Rym, Haya, and Queen Noor. Plus esthetically talking about Sarah, this outfit didn't add to her anything. If she or some people think that when you don't wear "traditional" outfits, it's more fashion. are more elegant so I don't agree...The proof are again the Moroccan royals, and Queen Noor...

And it's funny, I return you the question, because other royals decided to put their national cotumes or ethnic one in the level of folklore, that everybody should follow their example?!!! Also, talking about Swedish or Spanish royals women, if they don't wear "national" gowns, at least they continue to represent their conutries, by wearing lot of day outfits and evening gowns from designers from their countries...and this is a way of reprsentation. Of course, I don't say that every royal have to wear only brands of their countries, but there must be a balance between what they wear to represent their cultures,and what they take from international designers to belong the "International" circles...

Personally, I will continue to regret every occasion lost not wearing traditional, national or ethnic inspired gowns to represent ones' country and culture :flowers:

Haya, Rania, and all the other Jordanian ladies wear thoubs by Jordanian designers, the most well-known of them being the label Kumbaz. As for Queen Noor, the caftans she wears are not exactly traditional Jordanian thoubs. Jordan is a very small country and it doesn't have well-known designers of western fashion. Surely a Swedish, Danish or Spanish designer cannot be compared to a Jordanian one! Designers in the developed world have all the benefit of publicity, money, and the ability to reach international markets.
Sheikha Mozah goes around in nothing but western couture on her trips abroad, not in an abaya. It's great that the Moroccans wear their caftans abroad. But that's no reason to expect others to do the same. Particularly since that's not the way it's done in most of the Middle East where western fashion is popular and is worn by many if not most women, including evening wear and wedding gowns. Even in conservative places like the UAE or Saudi Arabia a woman might be covered from head to toe but she'll most likely be wearing a western outfit underneath her abaya, I've seen it. Western designers count Arab princess and Sheikhas among their top clients.

Last edited:
thanks Humera and Salma for the nice photos.
they are quit beautiful dresses glad to see them on the Jordanian Princesses both ladies look regal.

Is princess alia's thoub is the one she wore at prince hamzah wedding ? BTW I thought Rym's thoub is sth related to her country not Hashimi ..

Is princess alia's thoub is the one she wore at prince hamzah wedding ? BTW I thought Rym's thoub is sth related to her country not Hashimi ..

Yes Xavi as I wrote this is the 4th time she wears it; the first was at Prince Hamzah´s wedding:flowers:

Rym's thoub(both are in the "Hashemi style" as mentioned by the website)

You´re welcome Humera and Lilo

Thanks Humera I forgot it

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Rym's thoub was lovely but disappointing that the overall look was not fit for the event. The hair looked messy, hardly any make up and no jewels. At the end of the day she is a princess, other attendants im sure made a big effort. If it was an award for her as a winner I would've expected more overall.

I know she is simple, but that doesn't mean no make up no hairstyle.

nice dress but i see before , i think in one indepence day years 2000 or 2001
Yes, if your read my previous post this´s the 4th time she wears it.
Alia wore it on May 25, 2003 (Jordan´s Independence Day)

Last edited:
I´m glad I´m not a princess;-) If I wear expensive clothes I would be critisized for spending too much money while my people are trying to make a living....When I wear stuff from H&M or Topshop they would complain I should wear more elegant,specialized clothes and now you are picking on the Princesses for "recycling" outfits and accessoires...
I personally don´t like going shopping for fashion so I usually wear my dresses as long as I can That´s why I can really understand that royals might do the same if they feel comfortable with their wardrobe:)
Btw I also think that Jordanian women look better in their national clothes, Queen Rania and Noor also choose more modern designs which I find attractive and it makes them stand out from the crowd when all the other women are wearing suits/evening gowns.They have a good balance of traditional and western clothes IMO.

Yes, if your read my previous post this´s the 4th time she wears it.
Alia wore it on May 25, 2003 (Jordan´s Independence Day)
see,? i remember she put it before too much

I´m glad I´m not a princess;-) If I wear expensive clothes I would be critisized for spending too much money while my people are trying to make a living....When I wear stuff from H&M or Topshop they would complain I should wear more elegant,specialized clothes and now you are picking on the Princesses for "recycling" outfits and accessoires...
I personally don´t like going shopping for fashion so I usually wear my dresses as long as I can That´s why I can really understand that royals might do the same if they feel comfortable with their wardrobe:)
Btw I also think that Jordanian women look better in their national clothes, Queen Rania and Noor also choose more modern designs which I find attractive and it makes them stand out from the crowd when all the other women are wearing suits/evening gowns.They have a good balance of traditional and western clothes IMO.
i agree with you very much , but princesses in jordan put clothes repeted everytime , i dont know why , they can change but not put same dress , same shirt , trousers , shoes , bag , put something normal but not expensive or repeted :)

now you are picking on the Princesses for "recycling" outfits and accessoires...

You have misunderstood my posts. I never said that I think isn´t OK repeat clothes or accessories. But we indicate it, is a info.

i agree with you very much , but princesses in jordan put clothes repeted everytime ,

All princesses recycled their clothes (see Princess Maxima, Princess Letizia, Princess Mary.... ) and of course, Jordanian princesses buy expensive clothes as the European princess.

Last edited:
i don't see what the big deal in recycling outfits princesses all over the world do that and alot.its nice to see some lovely pieces on Princesses again and again i don't think they do that to prove anything they suit them they like that pieces and that's it.

Salma you're doing a gret job thanks for sharing all those photos,informations and all the collages you make:flowers:

I love the latest traditional dress Princess Alia Tabbaa wore. The colours and the details are so pretty - she looked very beautiful, IMO!

All princesses recycled their clothes (see Princess Maxima, Princess Letizia, Princess Mary.... ) and of course, Jordanian princesses buy expensive clothes as the European princess.

realy ? :eek:

Hello Salma, Thank you for all the pictures you post in here very nice pics. I love the pictures you posted for QUEEN NOOR, but these pic for princess Rym I really do not why she does not take care of her self she does not put makeup or do her hair and her outfits are sometimes UGLY she needs help I think :)

Rym Ali- Wedding day shoes & bag
Imageshack - jewels2.jpg
She used same shoes in Sweden two years ago!

she really needs to hire a fashion advisor the shoes and the purse don't match the dress that she is wearing and she needs to do her hair and her Tiara is so ugly :S why she doesn't take care of her appearance???? :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom