Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 5: June 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW! She’s 68? She is aging in reverse.

The blue is a wonderful colour on Maria Teresa!

Sorry but that is a dreadful look on GDMT for a State Visit and is more suited for a casual day time engagement.
Its more of the same for the Super Trendy GD :rolleyes:

Sorry but that is a dreadful look on GDMT for a State Visit and is more suited for a casual day time engagement.
Its more of the same for the Super Trendy GD :rolleyes:
But then it much better then the outfit worn at the czech State Visit a few weeks. Seems there was no agreement about wearing hats because Queen Mathilde is wearing on but the Grand Duches doesn't

But then it much better then the outfit worn at the czech State Visit a few weeks.

This is a million miles better than what was worn for the Czech state visit.
Seems there was no agreement about wearing hats because Queen Mathilde is wearing on but the Grand Duches doesn't

Is agreement required? Hats are worn for key engagements at state visits in most European countries, barring Spain. Its not the end of the world that MT has now decided to abandon hats for set piece events like state visits.

This is a million miles better than what was worn for the Czech state visit.

Is agreement required? Hats are worn for key engagements at state visits in most European countries, barring Spain. Its not the end of the world that MT has now decided to abandon hats for set piece events like state visits.
Given the inclement wet April weather I'd have thought that a hat would have been practical today.
There was no hat either at the Coronation of CIII last year and sadly its all about looking hip and trendy with GDMT.

We are having very stormy and rainy weather here today, looks like it's the same in Belgium. If they had worn hats they would have flown off:)

Didn’t Royal men wear hats and gloves for formal occasions in the not-too-distant past? Times change for women and men alike.

MT looking quite smart at the start of the state visit to Belgium. I do like the combination of the navy dress and the grey jacket.

No hat, and the hair is a lot more blonde than previously. I guess this is all part of the trendy and modern look she has favoured in recent years.

I like the outfit too. It is modern and it flatters her figure. I like the pattern as well. And most importantly: she looks good in it.

And I agree with you, I suspect that with the turn of generations hats will slowly disappear from most of the royal wardrobes, bar for special occassions. Of course this could be considered a special occassion but I can't think of any hat that would actually improve this outfit.

Last edited:
I like the outfit too. It is modern and it flatters her figure. I like the pattern as well. And most importantly: she looks good in it.

And I agree with you, I suspect that with the turn of generations hats will slowly disappear from most of the royal wardrobes, bar for special occassions. Of course this could be considered a special occassion but I can't think of any hat that would actually improve this outfit.
As regards hats to match with M-T's ensemble, I am sure Queen Camilla and PhilipTreacy together would have been able to help M-T develop something that would knock it out of the park!

To day in th Netherlands the two Queens wore hats and gloves. The Grand Duchess was completely wrong , but she did it before ?

Her first outfit looked like she was going to a beach cocktail party, last night was classic but why the over wide pink wrap on such a small person. Today, silly feathers on a pantsuit with trousers too long

MT just doesn't fail to surprise these days! Oscar de la Renta for the return event in Brussels tonight!

Sorry to say this: Not only that this dress is quite inappropate for this event, I also wonder wearing something like that for a cold rainy day! I often think that MT cannot accept that she is getting older and thinks she can still wear dresses and outfits which would look nice on younger women.
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to say this: Not only that this dress is quite inappropate for this event, I also wonder wearing something like that for a cold rainy day! I often think that MT cannot accept that she is getting older and thinks she can still wear dresses and outfits which would look nice on younger women.
(..)
It is certainly not something I would expect a 65 year old to wear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom