The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 04:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterose View Post
Hello, it is the first time that I write here.

I think that Mette-Marit looks absolut fantastic, so stylish and young.
It would be nice if she would look like that more often.
And I really love the bag. Does anyone know the designer?

love this out fit , you are so right in everything you have written !

Old 08-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Mette Marit at a fashion show, in a black shirt dress. I like the look, fashionable, it suits her & i like the bag with the outfit. what do you think?
Picture 1
Picture 2
(pictures originally posted by iceflower)
I think she could've looked worlds better. She looks like a farm mother (unstyled hair and no make up) who's really trying to be trendy with the shirt dress and oversized bag Bottega Veneta bag.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Courtier

gosh you must have some really glamours farmers where you come from then ehhehe !
Old 08-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

I personally like the shirt dress compared to some things I have seen her in. My only objection to her "look" is that she could have put on some makeup and fixed her hair a little more, a sleek ponytail would have been wonderful with this outfit!
Old 08-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Commoner

Thanks for all the pictures. It must have been a lot of work finding and matching al the recicling clothes.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

August 25, 2007 Is this a new suit? looks very nice, like all the detail's on the jacket, and its one of those great whit/ivory shades that look great with black & not boring. Also think the scarf/pashmina used was also beautiful.

Full length view 1
Full length view 2
Close up
(Anp pictures)
Old 08-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Her long hair is becominh a problem!It looks awful so big, she needs to cut it very fast!!! She doesn't look elegant - she isn't an elegant person, but maybe some clothes will do a miracle for her!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I personally like the shirt dress compared to some things I have seen her in. My only objection to her "look" is that she could have put on some makeup and fixed her hair a little more, a sleek ponytail would have been wonderful with this outfit!

I agree that the dress isn't bad at all. It's fine in my opinion! But I don't understand everyone's assessment that she has no make-up on. She's a princess and at a very fashionable event where she knows she's going to be seen by many. That is just a silly thought that she doesn't have make-up on or that she didn't take time with her hair. I think the lighting is bad and the photos are very real, no retouching or altering has been done to them. Maybe she tried for a different look, lighter make-up and a looser style for her hair. But I find it to be silly to think that a princess went out all naturale to a public event where she understands photographers will be. Just doesn't make sense to me, but that's just me.

And as a response to Biboquinhas, I completely disagree with your opinion of MM's style. I like her style I think she has had some mis-steps. Hey but who hasn't from time to time. Overall, I like the approach that she has. It's a natural style that is very suitable for a royal, not too daring but that is okay to me.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
I agree that the dress isn't bad at all. It's fine in my opinion! But I don't understand everyone's assessment that she has no make-up on. She's a princess and at a very fashionable event where she knows she's going to be seen by many. That is just a silly thought that she doesn't have make-up on or that she didn't take time with her hair. I think the lighting is bad and the photos are very real, no retouching or altering has been done to them. Maybe she tried for a different look, lighter make-up and a looser style for her hair. But I find it to be silly to think that a princess went out all naturale to a public event where she understands photographers will be. Just doesn't make sense to me, but that's just me.

And as a response to Biboquinhas, I completely disagree with your opinion of MM's style. I like her style I think she has had some mis-steps. Hey but who hasn't from time to time. Overall, I like the approach that she has. It's a natural style that is very suitable for a royal, not too daring but that is okay to me.
Hi Aurora810, I completely agree with you, she has her own stlyle and, apparentely, she is not a fashion victim, she doesn't want all the spotlight over herself and, more important, she is doing a great job as Crown Princess.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterose View Post
Hello, it is the first time that I write here.

I think that Mette-Marit looks absolut fantastic, so stylish and young.
It would be nice if she would look like that more often.
And I really love the bag. Does anyone know the designer?
I agree with you!
Mette-Marit looks absolut fantastic. She is like the sunshine and she gleams so much... Her hair is so beautiful, I like it. It is just perfect the way it is... And the contrast between the black dress and the blond hair - GREAT!
Old 09-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

She looked very beautiful on the fasion show. I loved the dress.

White dress at the photoshoot (PPE)
Today she was wearing pink (taken by myself)
Old 09-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Courtier

Is it just me or are her skirts getting shorter and shorter?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Mette Marit at a fashion show, in a black shirt dress. I like the look, fashionable, it suits her & i like the bag with the outfit. what do you think?
Picture 1
Picture 2
(pictures originally posted by iceflower)
Well, she's pretty as usual and has the lovliest smile, but the dress looks like a cross between a nightie and something a Gothic Lolita would die for.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

10-10-2007

MM wearing a grey top and some black pants
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
ANP

She looked nice, IMO. The top suits her and she looked quite elegant.
I love her new hairdo.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
10-10-2007

MM wearing a grey top and some black pants
ANP

She looked nice, IMO. The top suits her and she looked quite elegant.
I love her new hairdo.
Thanks Her_Majesty for the pictures. I liked Mette-Marits top, but I thought it would be more appropriate for a night event rather than worn in the daytime since it's abit to shiney.

The top is from Alertta Ferretti's runway collection fall/winter07(style.com)
Old 10-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

quite a nice new outfit for mette-marit! alberta ferreti really suits her... :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Mette-Marit today Oct 24, 2007 in a light blue coat & a flowy skirt worn under. I think the collar of the coat is abit tight/small would look nice if it was abit looser imo (polfoto)

coat close up
side view
front view
Old 10-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Mette-Marit today Oct 24, 2007 in a light blue coat & a flowy skirt worn under. I think the collar of the coat is abit tight/small would look nice if it was abit looser imo (polfoto)

coat close up
side view
front view
I really like the outfit today. Pale blue is one of my favorite colors and it looks really nice on Mette-Marit. I wonder if this was the same coat as she wore in this picture ANP Beeldbank when she and Haakon were touring Tromso. It's hard to tell because she was so bundled up.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Oct 25, 2007 in a black coat which imo looked nice & how good does she look without the dark stockings? lovely MM...Coat is by prada, runway f/w07

MM - full view
Prada-runway
(anp & style)
Old 12-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Nobel Peace Prize Award ceremony in the City Hall of Oslo, Norway, December 10, 2007 (ANP)

Very pretty sheer cardigan with a recycled white yop and a short black skirt (sorry, no full view pic's)
Close up -- top part

Arriving MM went for a lovely Alberta ferretti f/w07 coat with a bit of beading details on the collar

Closed Thread

Tags
daytime fashion, mette-marit