Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 8: September 2009 - November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2009 - P.Mary in a black suit with a ruffled whited top.
The suit looks to masculine, does not fit well IMO, looks abit small/tight though I like the white top.

Full View ** Close Up

I don't like the jacket, but i like the ruffled top and the trousers. :flowers:

First of all,I love this look,but are you sure the suit is black?
Her shoes seem unusual and interesting,but I need a better picture.

Well if you want to be exact, I agree that it is not black, more a charcol grey. I hope she leaves all the greys and blacks behind soon, they may look good on her, but so many in a row are making me depressed.

I think that a skirt would have gone with the jacket and blouse better.
Its been a while since we saw those shoes.

I like the outfit it looks very professional. Not one of my faves but still a nice one.

I think that this outfit is fine. It isn´t fabulous, but it´s ok.

Well if you want to be exact, I agree that it is not black, more a charcol grey. I hope she leaves all the greys and blacks behind soon, they may look good on her, but so many in a row are making me depressed.

I think that a skirt would have gone with the jacket and blouse better.
Its been a while since we saw those shoes.

Totally agree with you Marmi. A skirt definitely would look better and have a softer effect, and more colours would be nicer.

I like the ruffled white blouse, but I agree with Dazzling. This suit doesn't appear to fit properly. It looks too tight, and it is cut in a very masculine way.

I think the pants are cut weird. I am in total agreement that a skirt would have just been perfect. Love the blouse. Take the pants back and get the matching skirt!! Are we sure this isn't navy?

I really like the lines of the blouse- the ruffles look great with her face and hair, almost sexy. I believe the problem with the trousers is the heavy crease down the front. Mary is so thin, and these actually make her look chunky, which we all know she is not.

I like everything in Mary's outfit, she is very and very elegant and unforgettable in it!

The top part (jacket/blouse) looks really nice but for me another pair of ugly and ill-fitted pants ruins the whole look. A skirt would have been so much better.

It's very rare to see CP Mary in badly made clothes, but here you go...
The pant suit is definitely a mistake, nothing fits right and the fabric looks inferior.

That's one weird suit Mary is wearing. I don't like the fabric.
The pants look weird... I cannot say what it is, but they don't seem to fit especially well.
The jacket itself is okay (still not one of her best)... but it doesn't look well with the blouse.
imo this was not a good outfit choice at all.

I often find I do not like Mary's pants, at least 50% of the time, I just think that either she sees something different or it comes down to personal taste.

I love the suit she wore last friday! It looks beautiful but the fabric seems to have a low quality: I guess is just the effect of the pic!

My opinion: go back to wearing skirts. The pant suit is horrible on Mary. Skirts and dresses are her style but pant suits? A mistake. I have a feeling the ruffled-top might have looked better should she removed the blazer. The fact is, if you're wearing a ruffled top don't mix it up with blazers especially if you're wearing pants. The style got mixed up. I have seen working ladies do this style but they look ok but on Mary, I think not. The outfit is too stiff. Maybe if the pants is wider it might have looked better.

I thought she looked great! It's a nice alternative look for an event where she'd most likely wear a cocktail dress. The pants didn't look ill-fitted to me, and I like the ruffled-blouse peaking out of the blazer. I especially liked the color!

I completely agree rubyprincess :flowers: I love the suit and I the charcoal colour is so pretty.
I am in the minority I know, because I generally really really like Mary's loosely fitted trousers. She has a great figure for wearing them.

I don't like the suit. The pants are awful & I don't like its fabric.

The suit seem better in this pic
Frederik et Mary de Danemark à la clôture du congrès olympique | Noblesse & Royautés.
It's not the best look on Mary who is usually perfect.
I think its the combination of stiff and thick material ,the short jacket with pleats on the front that makes the suit odd.The blouse is beautiful but adds nothing to the suit.
The pant isn't well made.

I disagree with who says that pants don't suit Mary.She has already worn pants that looked great on her.
But it's true that this pant and the shining one (i think grey one)she has worn recently with a black lace top are not well made.
This is very strange since Mary cloths are always so well tailored.
Personnally,I prefer Mary in skirt and dresses,she has amazing legs with so elegant shoes

I agree with you,Soraya.Mary looks gorgeous in everything,it's just that the last couple pants she wore were not well tailored and too wide.I also agree that she should wear dresses/skirts,that highlight her beautiful legs,more often.

She does look very good in pants. She wears different styles. Some look better, some worse. The thing I noticed about this suit is the darts seem to be in odd places or odd shapes.

This latest pants suit of Mary's is not her best. I agree it's ill fitted and the blouse doesn't match the suit. It looks like it was thrown together at the last minute. It's rare for Mary to have a bad look, but it happens now and then to every Princess.;)

I kind of like the suit, but the sleeves are far too long, that's the biggest problem IMO. Makes the jacket look too big and ill-fitted.

:previous:

I agree, very nice colours. From what I can see of the top underneath the jacket it looks lovely as well. And her pearl necklace is gorgeous.

AS far as I remember it was a trip to Iceland last year.
The jacket is great indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom