Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 21: August 2013 - January 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I believe she wore the blush tulle skirt with the velvet jacket last year. I think she (and Queen Margrethe) rotate these dresses so they seem like they're repearing. That last time she wore this one was 2012 I think.

She does look lovely and ever so regal, but this isn't my favorite gown. Love seeing her wear the beautiful sapphire brooch! I like her softer hair-style as well.

No I believe she wore the blush tulle skirt with the velvet jacket last year. I think she (and Queen Margrethe) rotate these dresses so they seem like they're repearing. That last time she wore this one was 2012 I think.

Yes she has worn it the last time in 2012 and then also for one of the 2 Leeves. She always wears diofferent outfits for the 2 Leeves unlike Queen Margrethe who since at last 10 years wears the same gown to both Leeves.

:previous: I think Mary's NY Levee gowns are spot on and the only thing that changes is her hair. This gown, with it's stand up collar, doesn't really look good with a half ponytail. The brown velvet scooped neck gown looked OK with her hair out but loose hair somehow seems out of step with the formality of a "Court" occasion.

The gown is ravishing. Yet another one of my favourites. Mary looked spectacular today.

Thank you for the past look. I love this gown but agree that the hairdo doesn't go with the nehru or stand up collar. I love the earrings and the brooch and gloves.
what I don't love is Fred's, to my mind, disheveled appearance, hair not combed, not shaved, it doesn't seem right.

The gown is not bad, although its one of my least favourits among those gowns used in the past. The colour is ok but Margrethe is wearing something all too similar, I dont like the wrinkly satin-ish material. I like Mary's hairstyle, Fred looks totally exhausted and he has looked exhausted for a very long time now, I wonder what is going on with him.

PERFECTION for Princess Mary!!!!

She looks good, but I think the new outfit looks more an uniform!

The top and bottom don't go together, IMO. Both are nice just not paired. The pearl jewelry on the other hand, love it.

I really like the overall look. Very elegant and it looks great with the hair-do IMO. The top and skirt don't match a 100% but it still works well and is a nice change to past outfits.

Crown Princess Mary looking great at the third New Year event in Copenhagen today, January 7:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I like this new 'New Year Court look' from Mary. But yes, the skirt and top maybe don't match 100%. The dress of yesterday still my all time favorite.

I'm a sucker for the white gloves. They completes the dark outfit and match the white pearl necklace, but most important - they're just so royally ;)

The skirt is a repeat from Charles' birthday party. I love the top part, I am not so sure about the look with the skirt.

Well spotted. I remembered having seen this skirt before, but not where or for which occasion.

Last edited:
Mary looks elegant and sophisticated, but IMO the thick white lines at the bottom of the dress are a bit off. Love Mary's blue gown, she looks beautiful. I'm happy that she recycles it! It seems that her wardrobe for the New Year's Courts is:

2006: Orange/Brown printed gown
2007: Purple gown
2008: Silver gown
2009: Orange/Brown printed gown
2010: Grey-ish gown
2011: Pink gown with cardigan
2012: Blue gown
2013: Grey-ish gown which looks like it's the same one from 2010

Perhaps next year we can expect the orange/brown gown again or the silver gown.

Last edited:
With all the gowns she has why does she wear the same gowns to the same event?

With all the gowns she has why does she wear the same gowns to the same event?

I guess she is following the example of the Queen and recycles. Also it looks like the Queen likes to wear the same type of "uniform dress" for this event.

The skirt from today's outfit looks a lot more structured than the flowly one from Charles' birthday. I love the outfit though.

Do I like it ? Yes I do. She looks great even despite the fact that the skirt and the blouse are made of different materials. Somehow this outfit totally rocks. I think that's my favourite of all three outfits.

The peplum top is great, nice material, seaming, and structured. I like the neckline with the pearls and great hairdo and 3/4 sleeves. The way the waist is set above her natural waist is great styling too. The skirt doesn't really go with it, flimsier material, shiny with the gold band around the hem and train. But it looks pretty good and gives her a younger hipper vibe.

I don't like today's outfit as much as I love the two others she has worn at this year's courts. Wednesday and yesterday's gowns are hard to live up to, but she looks lovely in this one nevertheless. I prefer the top she wore with the skirt today as opposed to the one she wore to Prince Charles's birthday party.

I really like the overall look. Very elegant and it looks great with the hair-do IMO. The top and skirt don't match a 100% but it still works well and is a nice change to past outfits.

I like it a lot. Much better than the day before. The blue is great on her, but the style of the dress isn't my cup of tea.

I like the skirt but the top doesn't quite do it for me. I'd like to see it with an elegant lace beige top or jacket to match the stripes. I'm over the blue one worn at the second court but the burgundy always looks elegant.

Mary is looking as elegant as ever and all three outfits were stunning. Although the black ensemble has a skirt and top in different materials, I don't think it is a problem and gives an example to people the world over that a nice skirt and top are suitable for a formal occassion!
Lucky for Frederik that he has one outfit for the three events!
Thank you to all those who have shared photos and links to this year's New year Courts - it gets better every year!!

I couldn't have said it better, Jacknch! I totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom