Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 14: November 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the coat and the dress underneath. She looked good that day.

I like the olive-green coat as well. I'm still on the fence about the dress and shooties, though.

Last edited:
I'm with you on this issue, Baroness. If one has to wear shooties this is the Only way to wear them.. but I still don't really love them.

I don't like this dress, but the coat is lovely, the shoes aren't my favourite but they look good worn this way at least.

Excuse me, but I have to ask it: what´s the other (wrong) way of wearing shooties?
Cause I´ve always seen them worn like Mary (with matching tights, I think that´s what you all mean)...:ermm:

:previous: I'd like to know too Annie. Also I didn't realize they were called "shooties". Boy am I out of the fashion loop. : )

:previous: I'd like to know too Annie. Also I didn't realize they were called "shooties". Boy am I out of the fashion loop. : )

I don't think it's an official term! :) It's what the person who writes the Order of Sartorial Splendor blog calls them (they're her pet peeve) so I think a lot of us who follow that blog think of them that way when royals wear them.

They're not my favorite, but I don't hate them as much as a lot of people do.

Edit: Apparently they ARE an official term! I must be out of the fashion loop too, because I'd never heard the word used in any other context.

Last edited:
Looks like a perfect cold-day-at-the-park outfit to me, the scarf makes it chic.

Last edited:
I like the coat and scarf. She looks comfortable, warm and stylish.

From what I can see of that outfit, I like it for casual playtime at the playground. I do like the scarf; I have a similar one in brown and beige.

Mary does indeed look warm and comfy and exactly how she should look! Love the scarf...

Excuse me, but I have to ask it: what´s the other (wrong) way of wearing shooties?
Cause I´ve always seen them worn like Mary (with matching tights, I think that´s what you all mean)...:ermm:

I have seen them worn with jeans, which only looks good if the jeans are skinny jeans and the person wearing them is thin.

Don't feel so bad; I only discovered this term recently on the forums! The things you find out here.....

I really like this look as well. The coat and trousers are very nice; casual and comfortable (and still church-appropriate).

Its really lovely and appropriate. The Queen looks smashing though. (notice she is holding her purse) This is a good color for this event.

Agree this does have a rather "military uniform" look about it. Just add some shoulder tassels, random gold buttons, a few medals, an you're good to go! Should we salute or bow, I'm confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom