The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-28-2018, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Ar regards the comment about too many cooks et al, the reality is that H&M are quite low in the pecking order in the firm. I am sure they accept that, and understand that their "immediate boss" is the PoW ang the big boss is HM. End of!"
Although the reality is that Harry and Meghan *are* lesser royals and lower down in the pecking order in the rank and file of the "Firm", I would seriously doubt that any of them would deem the work that Harry and Meghan are slated to do in the future whether in HM's reign or in Charles' or even in William's as being of lesser importance and have lesser relevance to the monarchy than those higher up in the pecking order.

To me, it isn't about the importance of a member of the BRF and if they're higher or lower than another but I see it more as Team Windsor where what is important is the people and the causes that they serve. It all stems back to supporting the monarchy as a whole and that, I think, is the main goal.

For all we know, these plans are being drawn up and not being put into effect until Charles' reign begins. Looking at things logically, it could happen next month, next year or 10 years from now. They're a "Firm" that is prepared for any kind of a situation. They're always prepared.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-28-2018, 05:46 AM
Courtier

IMO it made no sense that William and Harry had their own office in the first place. Now if Harry is joining Charles' office, that makes sense.

The Queen's Office supports the work done by the Queen, Philip (before he retired), Anne, Andrew, Edward, and the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester. The aforementioned do far more work than William, Harry and Catherine, and while the addition of Meghan will boost the activity, combined it will still be a fraction of the work done out of the other royal offices.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
..... I would seriously doubt that any of them would deem the work that Harry and Meghan are slated to do in the future whether in HM's reign or in Charles' or even in William's as being of lesser importance and have lesser relevance to the monarchy than those higher up in the pecking order.
I think we will need to agree to disagree on that. From the perspective of the monarchy, the work that H&M do will be of a lot less importance to the firm than that which C&C and W&C do. That is not to say that the work that the work that H&M do will be of less importance to society per se, and by association, the BRF, but there is a clear pecking order.

Quote:
To me, it isn't about the importance of a member of the BRF and if they're higher or lower than another but I see it more as Team Windsor where what is important is the people and the causes that they serve. It all stems back to supporting the monarchy as a whole and that, I think, is the main goal.
I could not agree more on your comment re Team Windsor, but yet again, the chain of command is clear: HM, Charles.......

Quote:
For all we know, these plans are being drawn up and not being put into effect until Charles' reign begins. Looking at things logically, it could happen next month, next year or 10 years from now. They're a "Firm" that is prepared for any kind of a situation. They're always prepared.
Separation of the Households is inevitable in the next reign. William, as PoW and like his father currently, will have his own set-up. Harry's set up, my sense is, will probably be merged with BP, as is currently the case with those of the Queen's 3 younger children.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
There may well be plans afoot to split the Households, office staff etc. However, I can't see it actually happening until William becomes Prince of Wales.

Otherwise, how is it going to be funded? Charles funds the office at KP now. Is he going to fund two separate Households with separate staff etc, which will be more expensive? Can't see it somehow.

Once William has the Duchy money then his Household can be fully funded by him, and Harry's by Charles. The Foundation is likely to continue for some time in its present format as well, IMO.
That seems more reasonable to me as well although I can also see why the different paths the brothers are on might lead to an earlier split. How reliable is the source (Roya Nikkhah)?

Edit: after reading some other posts, I conclude that it's just speculation...
Old 10-29-2018, 09:31 PM
Majesty

I think Roya has a reputation as being more reliable than some of the other Royal reporters as she has been proven correct in some stories she's written in the past. And she works for a much more reputable newspaper than tabloids like the Sun and Fail. However, she has also had her misses with some reports she's filed on the BRF.

I've got no doubt that there is a good deal forward planning going on for the Prince of Wales and his sons, simply because, unfortunately, the Queen is not going to last for ever. Charles though, has seen his expenses rise this year anyway with the Cambridge household expanding, Meghan joining 'the Firm' and more engagements being performed now his sons are fulltime. For me that is a further argument against him agreeing to fund three separate offices at this time, probably with expanded communications/media units needed in two of them.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:45 PM
Nobility

Splitting the households makes more sense for me at the time of William becoming Duke of Cornwall. There are already so many current Royal households. If anything, I would merge the four Royal households of the Queens cousins to streamline things.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 4th March:
Appendix to Court Circular
The Queen has been pleased to appoint the Lord Geidt to be a Permanent Lord in Waiting to Her Majesty with effect from 4th March, 2019.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sad news. The Queen’s long serving housekeeper, Annette Wilkin, has suddenly passed away. You guys might remember her appearing in the ‘Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work’ documentary several years ago. She showed us how the royal housekeepers professionally unpack and pack guests luggage during their stay at Buckingham Palace.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-illness.html

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-24-2019, 11:15 PM
Majesty

Poor Queen. As royals get older they rely so much on these loyal and longstanding members of staff. Of course newer people can do the job but it's not the same.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

May Miss Wilkin rest in peace. I'm sure HM is incredibly saddened by the news, and I agree that it must be hard to lose a lot of long-serving staff - who have probably also become long-time friends - in her older age.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-25-2019, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Sad news. The Queens long serving housekeeper, Annette Wilkin, has suddenly passed away. You guys might remember her appearing in the Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work documentary several years ago. She showed us how the royal housekeepers professionally unpack and pack guests luggage during their stay at Buckingham Palace.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-illness.html
start from 2:35