The Future of the British Monarchy 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the future if and When Charles celebrates his silver jubilee do we think it will be a autumn jubilee

In the future if and When Charles celebrates his silver jubilee do we think it will be a autumn jubilee

My instinct would be to worry about the timing of the silver jubilee celebrations of the recently crowned King Charles closer to the time!

I doubt it would be held in the autumn, I certainly don't think it would be held on Charles accession day (if indeed he gets to mark a silver jubilee). The late Queen always celebrated her jubilee on the day / around the time of her coronation ceremony not accession day which was nearly always marked privately even in many of her jubilee years.

The problem is that is isn't done to celebrate it before the event and so it either would have to be September or the following year.

It would be awful to celebrate it in say June and Charles then not actually live to September.

Remember how everyone was talking about Philip's 100th and then he died just two months before he would have turned 100.

Charles would be 98 when he reaches a Silver Jubilee, if he makes it that far and so a fast deterioration can happen at any time.

Back
Top Bottom