British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that shouldn't have been allowed to happen. This family has a PR machine. They should use it. But I'll shut up about it now. Even I'm getting sick of it.

I agree with everything you said, I'm sorry I ever put up a link to the article. however the Royal Household should have a half decent PR machine and there is no arguing that once the story came out all it seemed the Queen's team of 5+ PR staff did was confirm that she had been delayed on Christmas Day so was late for lunch. This is what the BBC reported and whilst I don't trust the media 100% I trust the BBC more than any other. Instead they should have said from the off - this was a private event and not a public one and the Queen does not always accept flowers but sometimes lets her family do it on her behalf.
Ironically this is what they said 24hrs + later by which point is was too late as the damage had been done.
Interestingly I think the Queen is between Press Secretaries at the moment, waiting to appoint a new one.

Yep, love that Anne was wearing an outfit from so many years ago.

I was I have to say a little surprised to see Anne still at Sandringham with Zara close to giving birth.

Just another signal that the Queen is getting old and won't be around forever.

Can someone tell me me if this id true? i read a policeman collecting the flowers sai something like this: "No more flowers. Her Majesty doesn't want to be late for lunch!" :-(

Yep, love that Anne was wearing an outfit from so many years ago.

I was I have to say a little surprised to see Anne still at Sandringham with Zara close to giving birth.
I think that Anne is doing what so many of us are doing and have done, deciding who needs more help, parents or children. Zara is well looked after, has a husband and she probably felt her parents needed her more which seems to be the case.

I think that Anne is doing what so many of us are doing and have done, deciding who needs more help, parents or children. Zara is well looked after, has a husband and she probably felt her parents needed her more which seems to be the case.
I agree. Most likely HM's children, in-laws and grandchildren will begin to take on more of her duties. :)

Can someone tell me me if this id true? i read a policeman collecting the flowers sai something like this: "No more flowers. Her Majesty doesn't want to be late for lunch!" :-(

We don't know if that's true it was only reported by the DailyMail that way.

To have a baby in the house at Christmas is exciting!
To have a royal baby in the house at Christmas is really exciting!!
:poinsettia::wreath:

It would be delightful to see the reaction of George, Savannah, and Isla as Father Christmas entered the room.

Savannah is her grandmother's child and would not be impressed unless he comes into the house riding his reindeer leading a pony.

The pony could wear a fancy bow the color of Christmas red.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine the excitement for this years Christmas with 2 royal babies at Sandringham. George will be almost 1 1/2 so he will be more aware of what is going on than he was last year. Mia will be almost 1 too.

I wonder if the Queen finds this a tiresome thought. She is an old lady after all and having lots of small children around is exhausting, even if you are just watching. I am sure her own two little grandchildren exhaust her, never mind the thought of having an 18 month old!

She has had a baby at Sandringham for Christmas Day since Savannah was born. Fortunately they only stay for about 24 hours and they also have their own apartments/rooms to stay in if necessary.

George also won't be at the big house as no doubt William and Kate will be at Anmer Hall so George would only be over for a short visit.

Also, there is every possibility William & Kate won't even be at Sandringham for Christmas as they have alternated Christmases with the Royal Family & the Middletons so far.

Also, there is every possibility William & Kate won't even be at Sandringham for Christmas as they have alternated Christmases with the Royal Family & the Middletons so far.

This is one blessing that the Cambridges have with having Anmer Hall. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if all the Middletons are at Amner and other than the family only events at the big house, the Middletons are invited to participate in things such as Boxing Day etc. And of course, amid all the fuss and pageantry of the holiday, George will be center stage.

Would be such a cute picture to see George, Savannah and Isla playing with all the wrapping paper and boxes that things come in. Prime attraction for little ones on the holiday.

Savannah is her grandmother's child and would not be impressed unless he comes into the house riding his reindeer leading a pony.

Martin @CourtierUK · 2h 2 hours ago
The Queen is set to record her annual Christmas Message in the next week. Her 61st. Produced by BBC again this year.

Have they stated anywhere that she likes horses?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I would think the big, family Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace would be next week as well... I like that the Queen has the entire family together before she heads off to Sandringham.

I am probably one of the few Americans who look forward to The Queen Christmas Message.

I wonder if she will mention any of The Anniversaries and Milestones coming next year?

2015 is going to be eventful year

♔ Mo_Holland @Mo_Holland · 5h 5 hours ago
Before leaving for Sandringham The Queen will host Her annual pre-Christmas lunch at Buck Palace for the extended Royal Family this week.

♔ Mo_Holland @Mo_Holland · 5h 5 hours ago
Before leaving for Sandringham The Queen will host Her annual pre-Christmas lunch at Buck Palace for the extended Royal Family this week.

Do we have a date for the lunch at BP?

My guess is the 19th or 17th. Charles and Anne have engagements on the 16th and 18th. Some are outside of London. Camilla is going to a carol concert on the 16th. I would say the 17th since is a Wednesday instead of Friday the 19th. There is nothing on future engagements on the 17th.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

My guess is the 19th or 17th. Charles and Anne have engagements on the 16th and 18th. Some are outside of London. Camilla is going to a carol concert on the 16th. I would say the 17th since is a Wednesday instead of Friday the 19th. There is nothing on future engagements on the 17th.

What is listed on the FE however is rarely an indication of who actually is going to do something as it only lists a few of the engagements that occur outside the various palaces.

I have regularly done a preview count for a month and found them short by around 300 engagements out of the around 400 done in the month. I am therefore saying that the FE only puts up about 25% of engagements in advance.

That being said it could be that the lunch is on Wednesday but the lunch is only a couple of hours so there could be other engagements done on the same day as the lunch.

What is listed on the FE however is rarely an indication of who actually is going to do something as it only lists a few of the engagements that occur outside the various palaces.

I have regularly done a preview count for a month and found them short by around 300 engagements out of the around 400 done in the month. I am therefore saying that the FE only puts up about 25% of engagements in advance.

That being said it could be that the lunch is on Wednesday but the lunch is only a couple of hours so there could be other engagements done on the same day as the lunch.

Off-topic, but can anyone tell me if there is a special forum for royal Christmas messages in general, or if each monarch's message is discussed in their respective forums ?

I would say Friday 19th as I don't think Louise and James have finished school yet. Friday seeems like a good bet for the other children who attend to have finished school too

I wish we could see more clips of the lunch. We saw some clips of it in the Queen's 2004 message (the year we saw Louise getting a gift from Granny and Grandad) but can't recall ever seeing it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say Friday 19th as I don't think Louise and James have finished school yet. Friday seeems like a good bet for the other children who attend to have finished school too

I wish we could see more clips of the lunch. We saw some clips of it in the Queen's 2004 message (the year we saw Louise getting a gift from Granny and Grandad) but can't recall ever seeing it again.

This is a private family event - not an official engagement which is why the only photos that usually are seen are those taken by the paps sitting outside BP to see who arrives.

This is a private family event - not an official engagement which is why the only photos that usually are seen are those taken by the paps sitting outside BP to see who arrives.

I agree that a private event like this should not be filmed or photographed (although we may be lucky to see some footage during the Queen's Christmas Message), but it does reinforce my wish that the Diplomatic Corp dinner was filmed or photographed if only on the basis that it is an official function of the Monarch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom