The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 05:26 AM
Courtier

I thought the names of the Godparents of DRF babies' are revealed on the day of the baptism together with the baby's name.

Stellad

Old 01-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad
I thought the names of the Godparents of DRF babies' are revealed on the day of the baptism together with the baby's name.

Stellad
Let's say that, if the christening is covered by the danish television, the attendance of some guest will give clues before the names of the godparents are revealed.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Gentry

A new picture of mary & llilleprinsen
http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default....ails&Item=3713
Old 01-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

awwwww hes the sweetest :) He and Leonor (sigh) they make my heart melt
Old 01-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Nobility

Oh thanks for the picture.

Where is Mary going? Is that steps to a plane? I love seeing these candid pictures, that picture makes her look so normal and like a real first time mum.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
Oh thanks for the picture.

Where is Mary going? Is that steps to a plane? I love seeing these candid pictures, that picture makes her look so normal and like a real first time mum.
Yes, she is boarding a plane from Aalborg (in the north of Jutland) to Copenhagen with the baby. According to the article, Frederik, Mary and their baby spent New Year in Jutland where they stayed with friends. Frederik went to Copenhagen by car.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

Hum, wonder why they didn't go together...

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." ~Coco Chanel
Old 01-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Aristocracy

I think it is for security reasons.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

Do they travel separatley often? I didn't think so but it makes sense.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle9982
Do they travel separatley often? I didn't think so but it makes sense.
They travelled seperately (Mary and Fred) because Mary had Lilleprinsen with her. Since, the heir and the heir's heir can't travel together, as God forbid, if anything happened to the heir or the heir's heir, the other one would still be there.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
They travelled seperately (Mary and Fred) because Mary had Lilleprinsen with her. Since, the heir and the heir's heir can't travel together, as God forbid, if anything happened to the heir or the heir's heir, the other one would still be there.
i just heard about this.
i thought it was okay for the heir's heir to travel with his/her parents.
i saw this with Amalia and WA & Maxima, and Ingrid Alexandra with Haakon & MM.
but, probably different method is taken in denmark, right?
Old 01-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

I'd like to get more information on this if possible. It's very interesting that the three of them can't travel together. Is it just by air or is it by car too? Is it only certain distances? etc. etc.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle9982
I'd like to get more information on this if possible. It's very interesting that the three of them can't travel together. Is it just by air or is it by car too? Is it only certain distances? etc. etc.
It's not the three of them: it is only the Crown Prince and the little Prince who can't travel together. Same as the Queen and the Crown Prince don't travel together. It is mostly planes, I think.

It's quite a common practise in the royal families, actually. Except that Haakon and Ingrid Alexandra seem to travel together ... But Haakon and the king doesn't.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Aristocracy

You're right, Anne, I'm sorry!

I just meant that the princess, baby and Fred won't be seen traveling together because Fred and the baby can't be together. But Fred and Mary or Mary and the baby can fly together. Sorry for the confusion!

Old 01-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Courtier

William couldn't travel with Charles when he was younger for the same reason.

Wow! Victoria is a very popular choice for godmother. Ingrid Alexandra, Constantinos Alexios (Greece), Amalia, uhhhh...maybe one or two more. And now Lilleprinsen! Does she actually see any of them?
Old 01-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

When he was younger only? What changed since then?
Old 01-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosey60
William couldn't travel with Charles when he was younger for the same reason.

Wow! Victoria is a very popular choice for godmother. Ingrid Alexandra, Constantinos Alexios (Greece), Amalia, uhhhh...maybe one or two more. And now Lilleprinsen! Does she actually see any of them?
Actually William and Charles did travel together when William was a baby. The family went to Australia, I believe it was, on a Royal Tour. And everyone was very surprised that the two of them went on the same plane.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily
Actually William and Charles did travel together when William was a baby. The family went to Australia, I believe it was, on a Royal Tour. And everyone was very surprised that the two of them went on the same plane.
you're right. the first time what them travel together was in august of 1982. go to london-scotland.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
you're right. the first time what them travel together was in august of 1982. go to london-scotland.
And i believe that was the first time they broke with tradition about a heir and future heir travelling together!
Old 01-06-2006, 01:59 AM
Heir Apparent

yes, this is what confuse me a little bit.
this is the 1st time i've seen heir's heir doesn't travel with his parents.
i realized a sovereign & a heir cannot travel together.
we've seen this when the royals arrive for felipe & letizia's wedding, i.e. victoria cannot travel with carl-gustav, and so on.

but, a 'baby' royal heirs do indeed travel with his/her parents, i.e. amalia travel with wa & maxima when they arrived at madrid, ingrid alexandra travel with haakon & mette-marit when she went to iceland, madrid, jordan.

so, what makes denmark follow different tradition? a more cautious method?