General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a nice tradition - the high school graduates parading through their local towns as they leave basic schools and head to work, more education, or perhaps military (?)
A nice send-off for the townspeople, a personal touch.

I like that idea very much. It would be another memory to add to the high school years.

The article did state that this was the very first time that local graduates have ever stopped at Shackenborg. Maybe they will add it to their route during next year's graduation. I would love to see more photos of Joachim and Marie interacting with the students.

Of course, they are very busy, so it would depend on whether or not they were home at the time.

Interesting that they would do that this year - perhaps they sense a new Prince Joachim, more of a homebody perhaps? I would like to see Marie with people outside of ceremonial events or parties, whether private or formal.

She seems warm and sincere in the interviews. Granted, these have been in English. Interacting with people in Mogeltonder would be in Danish for the most part I would think. Still, maybe she can begin, little by little.

I just saw the pics of Joachim and Marie's son and I have to say is that is one very good looking baby.

Here is an article about TV2, one of the Danish tv channels.

Touren slår prinsedåb - Royale - BT.dk

They usually send reporters to royal christenings, but they are contractually obligated to report on the conclusion of the Tour de France, which will be happening at the exact same time as the christening. TV2 is the one station that puts cameras in the church, but due to the timing of the two events, it doesn't sound like they will be able to do so this year. The other station, DR, will have a reporter outside of the church, and will be sending reports, but it doesn't sound like there will be coverage from inside the church.

Hopefully, we will be able to get to see pictures. The article doesn't talk about photography.

(Mods-sorry about the placement of this post. Please move it to the appropriate thread when it is opened).

i suosi it is security but he did not invite them in, it looks a very small group!

Is there only one newsteam available, and it has to cover the Tour de France? I don't understand the gist of the post. Surely there is more than one newsteam, so that both events (christening and Tour de France) can be covered, perhaps then staggering the actual viewing times of same.

It is difficult to believe that there isn't a single spare camera to film the christening.

Perhaps this falls in place with the desire to keep this event private.

Can someone clarify the message behind the news article?

Can someone clarify the message behind the news article?

Yes............I can.

TV2 is obligated to transmit the final of Tour de France directly when it ends at Champs-Élysées in Paris.

TV2 will transmit a short version of the christening in the evening. TV2's other channel TV2 News will transmit the christening directly from its beginning but only for one hour.

DR will be broadcasting the whole of the christening directly from about 4 pm and have their royal reportes reporting from Møgeltønder as well.

All in all the article is about the royal reporters from TV2 Jes Dorph-Petersen and Natasja Crone not going to Møgeltønder, due to the Tour de France which is very popular in DK while the royal reporters from DR, Reimer Bo Christensen and Anna von Lowzow, are going.

TV2 and DR will split the cost of the transmission and it will be cameras owned by TV2 that will be placed in the church.

IMO it is a splendid solution. The Danish viewers can switch from channel to channel following two great events at the same time. I know I would do so - that is - if I was not in Saltzbourg at the time.

Here's another article about the christening:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2009/7/Faetter og kusinefest i Moegeltoender.aspx

The title is, "Cousin and Cousin Party in Mogeltonder". It says that the young children, Nikolai, Felix, Christian, and Isabella, will be up front and close to the font during the christening when the little prince receives his name. It says that the little prince is the fifth grandchild of the Queen and Prince Henrik, and that he has already charmed Denmark with his dark hair and dark blue eyes. Nikolai was the first grandchild, born in 1999, and now there are five. The authors say that Prince Henrik especially enjoys his grandfather role.

The christening of the baby makes the family of Joachim and Marie complete, according to the article.

Thank you for the translation, Lilla. Now it all makes sense. It would be wonderful to watch it in "real time", but I don't know if that will be possible from here on the east coast of the US. Videos are an excellent substitute.

Indeed, the family is definitely complete now that Marie and Joachim have had their own child. Have Christian and Isabella met the new prince? It might be a good idea for them to have been with him a little before the actual ceremony. They're so funny when left to their own interests...like at the parade for their grandfather. It's a little different in a church.

Any news yet on who the Godparents will be ??????????????

Not yet. They usually announce it just before the actual christening ceremony. We will know on July 26.

:previous:
I think releasing the godparents just before the ceremony is a rather silly idea. They should be released the week before. I understand the name thing. :whistling:

Are there any news if the christening will be broadcasted via internet?

Considering that Tv2 and DR broadcasted the christening of Isabella, and also Joachim and Marie wedding, maybe they will do it this time as well. But we will know closer the date.

Is there a video of Isabella's christening? I remember seeing the arrival of Frederick and Mary for Christian's christening, but not the actual christening at the font. Do not recall any videos filmed at Isabella's christening.

Is there a video of Isabella's christening? I remember seeing the arrival of Frederick and Mary for Christian's christening, but not the actual christening at the font. Do not recall any videos filmed at Isabella's christening.

There are a few news clips in the thread about Isabella's christening (or there were) particularly the part where Mary says her name. Just check in Mary and Frederik's thread.

Failing that there is probably something on You Tube.

Did find some on You Tube --- thank you for the suggestion.

There seems to be no news from Schackenborg.

Considering that Tv2 and DR broadcasted the christening of Isabella, and also Joachim and Marie wedding, maybe they will do it this time as well. But we will know closer the date.
A few days ago there was an article in one of the danish Newspapers that TV2 will not broadcast the Christening live as the have a Contract to show the End of the Tour de France live (which takes place at the same day and time then the Christening).

Thank you for posting the link to the cover. :flowers:
The little prince is a precious boy and Joachim appears t o be a doting father (as he was to his 2 elder sons). Were Felix and Nikolai with them?

A few days ago there was an article in one of the danish Newspapers that TV2 will not broadcast the Christening live as the have a Contract to show the End of the Tour de France live (which takes place at the same day and time then the Christening).

You are right Stefan. The article also said that DR will be broadcasting live and so will TV2 NEWS.

When was the last time that Joachim & Marie stayed at the Chateau ???

When was the last time that Joachim & Marie stayed at the Chateau ???

I believe that the last time they stayed at the chateau was shortly after they were married, in either June or July of 2008. The newlyweds stayed there with Felix and Nikolai (and Apple, of course). I love the photo of Joachim putting the hat on his adorable little prince while Marie smiles happily!

http://www.billedbladet.dk/~/media/BilledBladet/Bladforsider/2009/BB29.ashx?as=true&w=445

The cover says, "We found Marie and Joachim in France", but doesn't say where they stayed. The main headline is, "Father looks after the little prince". Underneath it says, "sleep safely in Joachim's arms" and underneath something like, "grandmother had to see the little one before the christening". I am assuming that they are visiting Marie's family, since the Queen is still in Denmark, but the cover doesn't say.

Last edited:
Yes, I had hoped that Marie's grandmother would either go to Denmark for their first anniversary to see the little prince, or that he would be brought to her in France. He's quite young to be traveling internationally, isn't he?

He looks adorable, though it's difficult to see how he is being held and getting a hat as well --- too many letters in the way. He looks like a good baby, sleeping and eating, not giving trouble. Wonderful expressions on his parents' faces.

I'm sure Marie's grandmother was very happy to see him. I hope we see her at the christening and have pictures of her, as we did at the wedding, holding Marie's hand.

Is the text of the article available?

lovely picture of the couple in france. maybe they stayed at marie's mum's hotel?

The cover says, "We found Marie and Joachim in France", but doesn't say where they stayed.

They are staying with Princess Marie's paternal grandmother, la baronne Odile de Sairigne, somewhere in Southern France! The article doesn't give away the exact location; if they did it would be a tid-bid for photographers and straying Danish tourists! The article also suggests that Marie's grandmother won't be travelling to the christening due to her age.

Viv :flowers:

The little prince is so sweet. Those hats must have been on special or something aren't the similar to the ones Mary and Frederik wore during their holiday? ;) (Just teasing obviously)

Thank you, Viv for the explanation. When I saw the term 'grandmother', I assumed they meant the baby's grandmother, not Marie's. It was very nice of Joachim and Marie to take the little prince to see his great-grandmother. It is too bad that she won't be able to travel to Denmark for the christening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom