General News about Joachim, Marie and Family Part 5: September 2019 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe QMII genuinely felt this would be the ideal job and life for J&M.

Perhaps QMII should invite her sons and daughters-in-law over more often for a cup and coffee and listen a little more?
Perhaps she would have realized that while she would probably have loved to be a diplomat's wife in Paris of all places for a few years, that might not be the case with her youngest son and his wife.
- Just a thought..

Or maybe, Joachim told his mother at some point he was feeling at loose ends or wasn’t completely satisfied as things stood with his career in Denmark so Margrethe mentioned in passing to her aides to keep an ear out for any possibilities that might be appropriate for Joachim and one of them heard about the potential job in Paris. Maybe she then spoke to Joachim and he was enthusiastic about the idea and oh yes, of course he’d have to run things by Marie but he was sure she’d be happy, too! Maybe Margrethe took that as the go ahead for her staff to let the appropriate people in France know things could move forward and the French confirmed the placement before Joachim got around to actually talking to Marie and found out that she was not as delighted as he’d assumed she would be.

And then perhaps, instead of deciding to man up and tell Marie how much of a part he’d actually played in this turn of events, Joachim decided to let his wife be angry with his mother and his mother be exasperated with his wife, in order to avoid both of them being angry and exasperated with him. I know it would be unusual for a grown man to do that except, wait, actually it wouldn’t be unusual at ALL! I would go so far as to call it classic, even. :D

Certainly it would be less unusual than a mother waking up one day and, out of nowhere, deciding to send her middle aged son, his wife and their young children to Paris for three years.

Since Marie is French, isn’t her family there for her? I could understand if she was Danish and away from her family....

One thing is for sure, Marie should have kept her mouth shut and neither one of them should have responded to the tabloid reporter without going through the usual channels. However, it seems to me that Marie wanted to “set the record straight” and declare that she wasn’t the bad guy dragging her husband to Paris that many presumed because of her french heritage. Royals really can’t publicly complain, just to other royals imo. Especially now when there are so many sick and unemployed, she comes across as very spoiled. My question is, did this interview appear before Joachim‘s health event? I can’t help think that this faux pas by Marie, or at least the happiness of Marie could’ve contributed to joachim’s stress level and possibly his condition
I agree with you. I don't believe Marie&Joachim are really unhappy about their life in Paris. But I think they were unhappy or worried about their image. I think Marie knows that a lot of people in Dk see her as the reason for the sale of Schackenborg and the move to Copenhagen (because as Joachim's uncle put it, she didn't like living there any better than Joachim's first wife). And because of her French heritage a lot of people see her as the reason for their move to Paris.
I think she wanted to set the record straight that she was happy with her life in Denmark - that she is not the Danish "Meghan Markle" who dragged her prince out of his country which she seems to hate into her home-country, so to speak. While I can understand her frustration - particularly because the Danes can be very unpleasant if they get the idea in their heads you are in any way critical towards their country - as Marie has seen with her late father-in-law, I also think it was a bad idea to talk to the media (and to a trash magazine like Se og Hoer out of all magazines!) because such attempts to change an image usually go wrong and make things worse, as can be seen in this thread.

And yes, this interview and perhaps the feeling he has made a mistake, and all that after having spend time in Cayx with both his wives for the sake of his son - which I imagine was stressful too, could have contributed to his condition.

Last edited:
That is what I thought part of the original reason for saying all this (to a tabloid!) was. "I love Denmark, I didn't want to leave, don't blame me!" essentially.

But then it went the other way in sounding incredibly obnoxious, entitled and a little petty to complain about, especially in the currently world climate.

Add in the Queen and Court essentially arranging this job that they apparently do not like for reasons that aren't clear which also involved other candidates who actually wanted to the job, rumours of "having to leave Denmark" for "reasons" and you have yourselves a very juicy story with a lot of moving parts.

That is what I thought part of the original reason for saying all this (to a tabloid!) was. "I love Denmark, I didn't want to leave, don't blame me!" essentially.

But then it went the other way in sounding incredibly obnoxious, entitled and a little petty to complain about, especially in the currently world climate.

Add in the Queen and Court essentially arranging this job that they apparently do not like for reasons that aren't clear which also involved other candidates who actually wanted to the job, rumours of "having to leave Denmark" for "reasons" and you have yourselves a very juicy story with a lot of moving parts.

May just be that the RF felt that if his farm had failed and he was not doing any visible work, they had to find him soemthing to do and this came up. But it should not have been given to him when other candidates had applied and wanted the job...

And to think, it was at the end of last year I think, where Marie was asked about the Meghan/Harry situation. Marie answered that "complaining was useless" l [emoji38]

https://www.independent.ie/style/ce...s-retaliation-against-the-media-38809404.html

Maybe a few less interviews ;)
Maybe she has eaten her words![emoji6]

Is Marie's family in France or Switzerland.
There are pros and cons to everything in life. Yes the move may have been unpleasant but it would enable her to draw closer to the French side if her family.
It's interesting that she chose to make a statement that could easily be misinterpreted as being ungrateful and complaining.

I assume there isn't any news on Joachim's condition. Would it be reasonable to expect a press release when he discharged from the hospital (or transferred to Denmark)?

I assume there isn't any news on Joachim's condition. Would it be reasonable to expect a press release when he discharged from the hospital (or transferred to Denmark)?

Hmm, I guess they will release a statement just before 1st September when he is due to start as an attache. Because of course it will be of public interest as to whether Joachim is able to start working or not, or perhaps part-time.
I presume they are still at Cayx, resting.

QMII may not join them this year though. Because the infection rate in DK may result in France closing down for Danes. I understand Belgium is considering closing their borders to Danes.

Hmm, I guess they will release a statement just before 1st September when he is due to start as an attache. Because of course it will be of public interest as to whether Joachim is able to start working or not, or perhaps part-time.
I presume they are still at Cayx, resting.

QMII may not join them this year though. Because the infection rate in DK may result in France closing down for Danes. I understand Belgium is considering closing their borders to Danes.
So what we do know about Joachim's status is very little other than he was discharged from hospital and continues recuperating at Cayx. If it turns out Joachim requires further recuperation by the Sept. start date or a decision is made not to go forward with the attache position, where would he and Marie and family then reside do you think. Perhaps back to Paris, to their current residence or back to Denmark, given borders are still open. If Denmark, where might they actually live. As this calls for speculating it may not be appropriate to comment. The main thing, of course, is Joachim's health returning to 100%.

So what we do know about Joachim's status is very little other than he was discharged from hospital and continues recuperating at Cayx. If it turns out Joachim requires further recuperation by the Sept. start date or a decision is made not to go forward with the attache position, where would he and Marie and family then reside do you think. Perhaps back to Paris, to their current residence or back to Denmark, given borders are still open. If Denmark, where might they actually live. As this calls for speculating it may not be appropriate to comment. The main thing, of course, is Joachim's health returning to 100%.

Correct.

My guess is that they will remain in France, unless Joachim is unable to start working within a reasonable time-frame.

:previous:

A good decision to share this photo in particular - first of all it shows that Joachim is making a good recovery and secondly it shows that his older brother cares. Good to see!

According to the accompanying text Crown Prince Frederik has returned to Denmark yesterday and Prince Joachim is recovering well, but still needs rest/repose.

Last edited:
Joachim looks a little rough. It's been nearly 3 weeks since he was rushed to Toulouse for emergency intervention for a carotid emboli or blood clot that had traveled to his brain. I am very happy for Joachim and his family that he is able to sit up for a meal outside with his brother. Hopefully he continues to recuperate to a full recovery without residual complications. So glad they provided us with a photo of the brothers. Queen Margrethe will be reassured after receiving a first hand report from Frederik.

Lovely photo of the Crown Prince and Prince Joachim looks like they were having breakfast.

Prince Joachim has lost a lot of weight,hope he has a speedy recovery.

Prince Frederik visit his brother in France

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDyDx3-ge6_/

I’m glad that the Crown Prince was able to visit his brother. Prince Joachim certainly looks a bit worse for wear... he’s lost quite a bit of weight and looks very tired. I’m hoping that he will take this time to rest, heal, and gain strength back.

Here is a better photo of Joachim.
https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/152/1524735/23493443-dfgdfg.jpg

If he looks like this here a couple of weeks later, how did he look when he was discharged from hospital!

as I explaines before, sugery in the skull is the most challenging thing human body can face. and IMO joachim always looked as if he leads a very unhealthy lifestyle, years older than others if his age.
but all the best and I hope he takes time and does not rush into this job, if not ready, only a narcotic can take months to recover from I doubt it's a good idea to start in September, but time&press will tell us?

Here is a better photo of Joachim.
https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/152/1524735/23493443-dfgdfg.jpg

If he looks like this here a couple of weeks later, how did he look when he was discharged from hospital!

Why always this dramatization of things?
He was released from hospital on the 3rd of August and this picture was taken some time in the last couple of days. So it's not a couple of weeks later.
If you compare this picture with the picture on the occasion of Felix's birthday or the pics from the interviews, shortly before the operation, you can see that he has lost weight and he is tired, other than that he doesn't look much worse than before.

Last edited:
Why always this dramatization of things?
He was released from hospital on the 3rd of August and this picture was taken some time in the last couple of days. So it's not a couple of weeks later.
If you compare this picture with the picture on the occasion of Felix's birthday or the pics from the interviews, shortly before the operation, you can see that he has lost weight and he is tired, other than that he doesn't look much worse than before.

Because he does look pretty wasted to me.

He has lost a lot of weight — and looks quite tired.

That was my first impression...how shrunken Joachim appears after his ordeal.:ohmy:

But i am happy to see Frederik with his brother. And I cannot imagine more beautiful and peaceful surroundings to recuperate.

Caix is a dream.

Its great to get a picture of the two. Enjoying breakfast in the French countryside sounds amazing.
With the limited travel of the Queen, I'm sure Joachim was happy to get a visit from his brother Frederik.
A week or so after leaving the hospital, with his kids back at school, perfect timing for Frederik to visit.
Hopefully Joachim gets the rest and recovers quickly.

Yes great to have a picture and one that shows the reality, Joachim's face is clearly marked by what he had to go through.

as I explaines before, sugery in the skull is the most challenging thing human body can face. and IMO joachim always looked as if he leads a very unhealthy lifestyle, years older than others if his age.
but all the best and I hope he takes time and does not rush into this job, if not ready, only a narcotic can take months to recover from I doubt it's a good idea to start in September, but time&press will tell us?

The Prince has always looked ascetic and fit. Not at all an unhealthy lifestyle, apart from the familial pleasure of having a cigarette indeed, which also Frederik does.

The Prince has always looked ascetic and fit. Not at all an unhealthy lifestyle, apart from the familial pleasure of having a cigarette indeed, which also Frederik does.

The Crown Prince stopped smoking 15 years ago.

Nice to see the brothers together sharing a meal. And IMO, Joachim has always been on the slim side, sometimes looking a little gaunt. That is his usual look. In the picture, he does look a little tired, but not necessarily any thinner than normal. Glad he is out of the hospital and getting some rest.

I think Frederik no longer smokes.
I like to see that Frederik and Joachim are good friends. Joachim seems to be recovering well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom