Danish Royal Family, Current Events 1: April 2003 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Mary and Alexandra looked wonderful.
I just love Mary's make up and Alexandra's dress :wub:

is there more pictures of princess alexandra & princess benedike in the gala dinner? seems like they only take pics of crown princess mary. . .

The dress Mary wore is the same as the dress when she went to Christiansborg palace in the week before their wdiing,May 2004.

ricarda said:
a video clip
http://www.dr.dk/extention/playWindowsMediaODP.aframe?id=235783&ListType=nyheder&bitrate=high

she has a black bow at the back
so I actually think the shoes and handbag go well with the dress (and her dark hair)

The royals arrived at the palace according to their "importance": Alexandra, Benedikte, Joachim.
The Queen + Henrik + CP met in another room before and then entered according to their "importance": Queen first, CP second.

Actually, I was quite surprised to see that The Reigning Couple entered before TRH The Crown Prince Couple. Usually, Her Majesty and her consort arrive last, according to importance.

It seems as if this "break of protocole" was decided seconds before passing the press. Why, I do obviously not know, but maybe The Reigning Couple thought that focus on a certain Crown Princess' stomach was in order!

/Lasse Pedersen

In case you didn't notice this post in the Swedish thread there are some really wonderful pictures, especially of the Queen :wub: , celebrating her uncle's 90 year's birthday.

Also pictures of prince Richard, Carina Axelsson, CP Mary & Frederik and CP Victoria.

Tartucat said:
BÅSTAD 31.10.2006. Count Carl Johan Bernadotte, uncle to King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, today celebrated his 90th birthday. Carl Johan and wife Gunnila invited 80 guests to the birthday dinner at Hotell Skansen in Båstad, including members of both the Swedish (there are 4 pictures of Crown Princess Victoria) and Danish royal families.

Here is the link:
http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/search.cmd?searchtype=SIMPLE_SEARCH&fritekst2=Carl +Johan+Bernadotte%27s+90th+birthday

Note: If this link is not working then go to www.polfoto.dk and search for "carl johan bernadotte 31.10.2006"

Three generations in a special place

A new photograph has been taken of the Queen of Denmark,http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_en_fam_oue the next king of Denmarkhttp://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_en_fam_cro and the king who will follow long in the future. It is one of those historical royal photographs which is interesting for its deliberate historical references. Queen Margrethe makes a conscious connection to the past by sitting on the same chair her father Frederik IXhttp://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_en_his_freix sat on as depicted in the painting in the background. The painting is of the moment Frederik IX signed the new Constitution of 1953 into law in Christiansborg Slothttp://www.ses.dk/15e000c, which is where the photo is taken. Billed Bladethttp://www.billed-bladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=4645 reports the the Queen and the two heirs were immersed in the historical spirit radiating from the painting of King Frederik IX, who is the main figure in the painting captured as the Constitution of 1953 was signed.

There are pictures here: http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com/2006/12/three-generations-in-special-place.html

Dear TRF members,

I moved several posts on the Christmas Photosession at Fredensborg to the existing thread on Royal Holiday Sub-Forum :

Danish Royal Christmas 2006

Please posts your comments & photo links there.
Thank you.

All posts regarding to the Danish New Year Celebrations have been moved to the thread by the same name in the Royal Holiday Subforum. Please post all your pictures, articles, links and comments in the Danish New Year Celebrations 2007 thread.

Happy New Year and Happy Posting!

Mandy

I have deleted several posts regarding the moving of the New Year Celebrations thread. The contents of said posts ought to have been sent by PM to a member the moderating/administrative team.

Lasse.

Do the CP couple celebrate easter with the Queen, or does each couple attend th eeaster service alone ?

dazzling said:
Do the CP couple celebrate easter with the Queen, or does each couple attend th eeaster service alone ?

When I attended the divine service on Long Friday at the Cathedral of Aarhus, Her Majesty The Queen attended as well.

On Easter Sunday, HM The Queen was there as well as her husband, TRH The Crown Prince Couple and Prince Joachim. However, The Crown Prince and The Prince Consort left before the communion, which The Queen, The Crown Princess and Prince Joachim attended as any other parishioner.

/Lasse

Lasse Pedersen said:
When I attended the divine service on Long Friday at the Cathedral of Aarhus, Her Majesty The Queen attended as well.

On Easter Sunday, HM The Queen was there as well as her husband, TRH The Crown Prince Couple and Prince Joachim. However, The Crown Prince and The Prince Consort left before the communion, which The Queen, The Crown Princess and Prince Joachim attended as any other parishioner.

/Lasse

Thanks Lasse, are there any pictures of them ? one last thing, do you dress up ex suit & hat for something like this or do you go casual ex in pants and a coat with a scarf around your neck ?

Princess Mary looks wonderful in red! Looks like these are a very private Easter hollidays, after the photo session of "Christian First Day in Nursery School", we should not ask for more photo sessions, so soon!

She is lovely, is nice see the famely together, just make a time since this hapen.

Thanks for the pictures, wonderful !!Mary looks lovely in the red coat, wished she had worn a hat. Kind-a missing Alexandra in the pictures, guess have to get used to it.

Aww. me too Dazzling !

Mary looks wonderfull in that red coat.

mary look so good and very skinny fot to be so close of her due date

Skinny?, come on, she has gained a lot of weight, that coat hide everithing she has taken on this pregnancy, jaja, please.

Mary looks good, so does Margrethe! :) Mary wore the gorgeous red coat again *yay*

biboquinhas said:
Princess Mary looks wonderful in red! Looks like these are a very private Easter hollidays, after the photo session of "Christian First Day in Nursery School", we should not ask for more photo sessions, so soon!
We see the family again at queen Margrethe´s birthday 16 of april (not sure if the date is correct)

laurixa said:
We see the family again at queen Margrethe´s birthday 16 of april (not sure if the date is correct)

thats great news. will this require a tiara & a ball gown dress or just an evening dress ? Hope to see Mary :flowers:

dazzling said:
thats great news. will this require a tiara & a ball gown dress or just an evening dress ? Hope to see Mary :flowers:
no, they will go to the balcony and wave to the peoples, like the last year.

Mary looks stunning in vibrant colours like red, burgundy and of course she looks just as good in black. Not the pastel colours for Mary. Lovely to see the family together all that is missing apart from the children is a partner for Joachim.

Stellad

mary looks realy wunderfull. red and white are good colours for her. perfect.

Mary looks wonderful in the red coat. She doesn't look that big to me though.

Yes I think she looks extremely thin, her legs are really thin! And for the pictures we have seen from Mary before her marriage she used to have mucht more weight!! So(IMO) she doesn't eat a lot, she maybe is doing a diet and of course the stress of beeing royal could have something to do with her thinness, but this is only my opinion.

Last edited:
stellad said:
Mary looks stunning in vibrant colours like red, burgundy and of course she looks just as good in black. Not the pastel colours for Mary. Lovely to see the family together all that is missing apart from the children is a partner for Joachim.

Stellad

seoghor is reporting with a tiny little blurry pic that marie was there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary looks wonderful! She looks very pretty in red!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom