Duke Michael von Württemberg & Julia Storz 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes her bouquet is superb. I also get the sense it's not a 'two piece', as in, a skirt and a top, but rather an entire dress and a jacket. Not sure about the jacket, either, but the skirt flows nicely enough and she is an altogether pretty bride.

I don't know.....To me it does look like a 2 piece- skirt & top. I would think if it were a top or a jacket covering a strapless dress then it would be open & not buttoned/zipped up.
But of course I could be wrong (which I probably am :D )

princess olga said:
I also get the sense it's not a 'two piece', as in, a skirt and a top, but rather an entire dress and a jacket. Not sure about the jacket, either, but the skirt flows nicely enough and she is an altogether pretty bride.

Duke Michael and Duchess Julia,nèè Storz got married last saturday,at Altshausen:)

Yes, Elspeth, you're probably right... It could be a jacket over a strapless gown! :) I'm not a big fan of strapless dresses and two pieces (my wedding gown was an entire one - with long sleeves! ;) ), but I must recognize the fabric of Julia's gown and her veil were exquisite. Again: I adore her bouquet, it's amazing!

P.S.: like Lady Jennifer said, two pieces are particularly in, but IMHO they're not so "royal". :D

Elspeth said:
Having a jacket over a strapless gown (or other designs that bare the shoulders) is a compromise between needing to cover the shoulders and upper arms in church but wanting a strapless dress for the reception, especially if there's a dance or something.

It seems as though strapless wedding dresses are in fashion at the moment, and I know some churches don't allow them because they're considered too revealing. I suppose that's where the jacket comes in, although it's a bit of a shame that the wedding dress is chosen with an eye to the reception rather than the wedding.

lucien said:
Duke Michael and Duchess Julia,nèè Storz got married last saturday,at Altshausen:)
The civil Wedding took place on Friday 07. July at Altshausen and the religious on 08. July at Friedrichshafen. I was there together with someone i know. it was the wish of the groom that the Wedding should be very privat and at Friedrichshafen there is the Church before the castle and before the Church is Court in which most of the Guests drove in with their Cars. As the bridal Couple came from the Castle to the Church we could hardly see the because before the Entrance to the Church is a hedge but after the Church they left into the Garden you could see them walking there. We had also some luck because the Church was closed the entire day but in the morning another wedding took place there ynd a very friendly sacristan let us together with the Guests to this wedding into and so we could see the wonderfull decorated Church. As we had heard that a part of the Family would got to Altshausen for a breek of a few hours before coming back to Friedrichshafen we also drove there and we could see Duke Carl and Duchess Diane leaving and also the little son of Duchess Fleur, Count Zeno.

In the next day a Report with photos i took there will be added to my website. You can also find pictures at the website o E. Gerben who we meet at Friedrichshafen. it is www.fuerstenhaeuser.nl

The religious wedding of Duke Michael of Württemberg (*1965) and Julia Storz took place at the Schloß Altshausen, last Saturday, July 8th.

Photos by SeegerPress:
1. Schlosskirche of Friedrichshafen;
2-3. the young bridesmaids leadered by Duke Carl Theodor dressed in uniform;
4-5. the groom with his parents, Duke Carl and Duchess Diane.

Elsa M. said:
The religious wedding of Duke Michael of Württemberg (*1965) and Julia Storz took place at the Schloß Altshausen, last Saturday, July 8th.

Not at Schloß Altshausen but at the Schloßkirche Frieidrichshafen.

Stefan said:
Not at Schloß Altshausen but at the Schloßkirche Frieidrichshafen.
That's what is mentioned in the photo caption. The church's name is Schloßkirche Frieidrichshafen and there was a celebration at the Schloss Altshausen (i.e. the residence of the Würtemberg family).

Photos by SeegerPress:

Photos by SeegerPress:

1-3. The couple receives the compliments of the groom's parents, Duke Carl and Duchess Diane;
4. group photo of the Württemberg family;
5. Archduke Heinrich and Archduchess Ludmilla von Habsburg;
6. Count Johannes and countess Marie Valerie zu Konigsegg-Aulendorf;
7. Count Moritz von Goess and his wife, Countess Fleur née Württemberg.

More guests by SeegerPress:

1. Duke Friedrich von Württemberg;
2. Duke Philipp von Württemberg and Duchess Marie;
3. Prince Michael von Baden and Princess Maria Anna in Bayern;
4. Erbgraf Alexander von Quadt und Isny with his wife Erbgräfin Martina;
5. Erbgraf Erich von Waldburg-Zeil with his wife Erbgräfin Mathilde and daughters;
6. Erbprinz Bernhard and Erbprinzessin Stephanie with Princess Aglae and Prince Michael von Baden;
7. Princess Elizabeth in Bayern with her husband Daniel Terberger, Princess Maria Anna in Bayern and Countess Adelheid von Rechberg und Rothenlowen.
8. Markgraf Friedrich von Pallavicini with his wife Helene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsa M. said:
That's what is mentioned in the photo caption. The church's name is Schloßkirche Frieidrichshafen and there was a celebration at the Schloss Altshausen (i.e. the residence of the Würtemberg family).
Then the photo caption is wrong. As you can read in one of my previous posts i was at Friedrichshafen on Saturday and there was a reception in the Park of Schloß Friedrichshafen. The civil marriage one day earlier took place at Altshausen.

Thank you Stefan, but a lighter tone never goes amiss. :)

Wasn't Eberhard suppose to have been involved with Elena of Spain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lindy said:
Wasn't Eberhard suppose to have been involved with Elena of Spain?
Did he make an outing or is this just speculation ?

Back
Top Bottom