Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One can never tire of the Cullinan V heart shaped diamond brooch. It is so stunning. The Queen is looking so beautiful in the tangerine color!!

It would seem the same could be said of HM - this amazing and gorgeous brooch is never out of the top 3 in popularity of which ones she wears.
(the other two are the gold dahlia and Victoria's bow)

Thank you. Did you know that Jacqueline favorite pearls were glass? All society women at that time wore glass pearls, so I wondered about the Queen's.:);):)

I am not sure the comparison of Jacqueline and HM is a very valid one!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Are our brooch experts able to identify the brooch HM wore to inaugurate the new cancer care unit in London?

I am not GillW of course, but it is a brooch which is in a gold setting with rubies. It is not seen that often, but in Her Majesty's use for years and years now.
The dress is an old favourite as well, which was worn e.g. at the Netherlands with Queen Beatrix some years ago and I suppose as well for opening the new Eurostar terminal in St. Pancras.

Actually, I think I've never seen this brooch before! :eek: I can't answer Muriel's question, that's for sure - all I can say is it looks very interesting. Wish we could see a good close-up.:flowers:

I believe this is one which was a wedding present to the Queen. I have 30 recorded wearings which include the 2007 Kentucky Derby visit (worn on a bright green coat) and the Maundy Service in 2000. Not seen so much lately, although it was worn more often before HM's collection enlarged!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fields says on page 137, that there were 6 diamond and ruby brooches given to The Queen since 1947. This brooch is spoken of, and pictured on page 51.

There are 3 as yet unidentified ruby and diamond brooches that were 1947 wedding gifts.

1. R and D brooch from Prince Philip's sister[Baden]
2. R and D trellis floral brooch from Principality of Monaco.
3. R and D trellis brooch from Garrads and Sons. I have contacted them and their records do not go back so far. Baxter[??] also had a similar reply.

How about contacting Monaco, and see what results?

For Maundy Service (Derby Cathedral) today I'd like to see HM in something beautifully blue, with the Albert brooch, Or something with a stunning diamond - it would be nice for it to be the Uganda Diamond Wedding brooch on a darkish coat so that we get a lovely view of it. But as HM probably doesn't read our recommendations, I'll take whatever she decides!!

I believe this is one which was a wedding present to the Queen. I have 30 recorded wearings which include the 2007 Kentucky Derby visit (worn on a bright green coat) and the Maundy Service in 2000. Not seen so much lately, although it was worn more often before HM's collection enlarged!

Thanks very much to all who have responded.

Photo from Getty Images

Her Majesty The Queen wears another brooch of her late mother's possession for the first time. It was frequently worn by The Queen Mother, but appears here without the pendant.

I think (please experts join me???) it was a Diamond Jubilee gift from the staff to Queen Victoria in 1897.

You beat me to it while I was logging in! Exciting to see and I do like it without the pendant. I agree it's the Diamond Jubilee - and another first time for HM. Excellent! - A promising year so far for us watchers!

I am actually sighing over this brooch. MAGNIFICENT!!!!!! The collection just goes on and on and on. The trays must be many!!!!Thanks to all!

The brooch looks fantastic against this pastel blue jacket! Another great choice indeed!

Sheila Young's book, published 1968, the 1st of the Royal Jewel books,says that The Queen had this modern design brooch made about the same time as as the 3 strand necklace made from family pearls. Therefore this is not a wedding present, but a brooch of her choice and design.

For Maundy Service (Derby Cathedral) today I'd like to see HM in something beautifully blue, with the Albert brooch, Or something with a stunning diamond - it would be nice for it to be the Uganda Diamond Wedding brooch on a darkish coat so that we get a lovely view of it. But as HM probably doesn't read our recommendations, I'll take whatever she decides!!

This may seem silly but what does the Uganda Diamond wededding brooch look like and has she worn it in public very much?

For Church, this Easter Sunday at Windsor, The Queen has worn her mother's open seashell with tassels brooch.

Yes thanks you, i saw the Uganda Diamond Wedding Brooch at the Palce display last year

The Queen wore a flame lily brooch on her second day in Wales. I read elsewhere that it might be another brooch (similar one) that once belonged to her mother or sister. I think it is her own brooch, having compared the different photographs. Anyone else able to trace it.

I believe this is the one. HM wore it with that beautiful blue coat and hat. I like this brooch. The overall look was fantastic IMO!

The Queen wore a flame lily brooch on her second day in Wales. I read elsewhere that it might be another brooch (similar one) that once belonged to her mother or sister. I think it is her own brooch, having compared the different photographs. Anyone else able to trace it.

Did you read the full discussion on the site you found this information? A different conclusion to yours was reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom