Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had NO idea that brooch was so large! It's gorgeous.

2 incredible brooches. The ruby and diamond definitely my favourite. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
She wore it at the Diamond wedding anniversary service in Novemver 2007

What a magnificent piece. :flowers: It is indeed quite large and the setting of the rubies is lovely.

I love the Greville diamond and ruby brooch. Actually, there aren't any of Her Majesty's brooches I dislike.:lol:

I love the Greville diamond and ruby brooch. Actually, there aren't any of Her Majesty's brooches I dislike.:lol:

This brooch is, of course, 1 of a pair from Mrs. Greville to Queen Mother.

I have a short list, purely informative, with a list of brooches The Queen wore for Christmas Day services in the past decade:

2001. Jardine Star
2002. Jardine Star
2003. Gold net-folded brooch with rubies (if not known by this description: worn as well for the Royal British Legion headquarters Opening in Southwark in the beginning of 2009)
2004. Centenary Rose
2005. Gold Dahlia
2006. Jardine Star
2007. no brooch worn (perhaps due to the heavy rain and umbrella-holding)
2008. Paisley brooch
2009. Greville diamond and ruby brooch

I have some links here. Anyone able to retrace the date and the name of the brooch. Never seen them before and found whilst browsing on the net.

Brooch-Queen20Elizabeth20II0134.jpg picture by Yoeri - Photobucket

Brooch-Queen20Elizabeth20II0108.jpg picture by Yoeri - Photobucket

Brooch-Queen20Elizabeth20II0094.jpg picture by Yoeri - Photobucket

Brooch-Queen20Elizabeth20II0057.jpg picture by Yoeri - Photobucket

For the Opening of the Scottish Parliament in July 1999, The Queen wore a large round brooch to pin her scottish tartan scarf on her deep purple coat. Is that regarded as a brooch or?

I can only help with one of the four. The slim brooch on the mauve coat: This was a gift from the opening ceremony of the New Queen's Bridge, Perth,on 10th October, 1960. The design is of a spray of flowers on platinum stalks, with amethyst centres and freshwater pearls from the River Tay.

The other three, I'm still trying to find out any information that may be around.

Actually Leslie Fields, has solved for us, the Maltese Cross Brooch. QEII in blue check coat photo.

Thank you for the help. Thanks GillW, I was not sure that it was the brooch given for the opening of the bridge, I have that one in my database known as the Amethyst Bouquet and with a photo of The Queen wearing it for the disbandment ceremony of the Royal Irish Regiment in heavy rain. Bless her!

The Maltese Cross is thus set with aquamarines? Thank you, Joye. The rest of the brooches is a complete disaster to solve and find pictures of. The one on the pink coat looked a bit like the ruby and diamond spray she wore e.g. for the treeplaning in Newmarket on the red coat and in Trininand and Tobago on the white short jacket with heavy flowered and spotted dress. But zooming in, it is certainly not a spray, but a sort of gold bow?

I really don't believe that the aquamarine stones in the cross design on the blue check coat and funny hat with feather is the Maltese Cross brooch. I think that it must be something else, but the Maltese Cross brooch was worn by the Queen on 12 July 2005 when she visited the Royal Green Jackets in Winchester, so it is more a regimental badge than a brooch, because the Maltese Cross with crown on top is their regimental insignia.

GillW is correct that the mauve outfit brooch is as she stated.
Again the Maltese Cross is s olved for us by Leslie Field.

I didn't find one photo of Prince Albert's sapphire brooch in either thread, or did I miss it? It's my very favourite of Her Majesty's brooches, wish she'd wear it more often.

I didn't find one photo of Prince Albert's sapphire brooch in either thread, or did I miss it? It's my very favourite of Her Majesty's brooches, wish she'd wear it more often.

Which threads do you mean? On these boards we don't post pictures any more.

I don't have any record of HM wearing the Albert since 2007, so you may be lucky soon and see it reappearing this year - we can but hope....

Thanks for that GillW. I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled.

I think she wore the diamond and ruby spray (worn on the white outfit in T&T) or again the huge brooch with tiny rubies worn in Northern Ireland for Royal Maundy 2008.
Anyone able to help

I think she wore the diamond and ruby spray (worn on the white outfit in T&T) or again the huge brooch with tiny rubies worn in Northern Ireland for Royal Maundy 2008.
Anyone able to help

Yes, it is the one worn for Maundy in n Ireland (formerly property of the late Q Mum)

normalil said:
I didn't find one photo of Prince Albert's sapphire brooch in either thread, or did I miss it?
Just on the first page of the EIIR brooches thread Part 1 the Prince Albert sapphire brooch appears in posts 3, 6 and 9.

Last edited:
Queen Elisabeth's jewelleries

I just saw a closed thread about the jewelleries of Queen Elisabeth.a member called QueenElisabeth was asking for help for the ''tulip broche'' which had been given as a gift by the Turkish President when Queen Elisabeth visited Turkey in 2008.This ''tulip broche'' is a design and production of BİRİZ JEWELLERY.

Thank you tanzanite for the detail.

I have another "additional" detail about the Paisley brooch worn by The Queen for the last time on the tree-planting ceremony in Bermuda. It was one of the brooches of the late Queen Mother; and I think she wore it on her black mourning dress and under the veil when she, the present Queen and Queen Mary stood at the Westminster Hall to see the coffin of King George VI depart. I think it was the Paisley.

:previous:

The brooch looks interesting, do we have a close-up maybe? :flowers:

From what I can see of the brooch, it looks very nice. :)

This is the only known photo of The Queen wearing this brooch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom