Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 2: Nov 2009-Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is the Jardine Star -- at least, that's what the jewel hounds at my blog told me!

Yes that is the picture. It shows a blurry and bulky looking Jardine Star Brooch.

I noticed that too! It looks like a brooch to me, and a lovely one at that. I would love to see this become a new "thing" for HM!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that too! It looks like a brooch to me, and a lovely one at that. I would love to see this become a new "thing" for HM!!;)

We had this discussion when HM wore the hat for the service for her Diamond Wedding anniversary, and the consensus was that this is a hat ornament or even hat pin, but is not a valuable brooch.

Just to let you know that Hello! magazine this week have a three-page article on the brooches that Queen wears, which used to belong to the Queen Mother - apparently she has started to wear them more often than she used to.

Hi all! It's been a hile since my last post here and now I have a question.
At the state banquet in Parugal HM wore the brooch from the Kent amethyst set with three pendants. I've seen HM wearing the brooch with the pendants once more (photo).
My question is - has The Queen worn the brooch with the three pendants again and when was the photo from the link taken?

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

I am sure that The Queen worn the Kent amethyst brooch with 3 drop pendants during USA State Visit with President George Bush. The famous " talking Hat " photo.

At the state banquet in Parugal HM wore the brooch from the Kent amethyst set with three pendants. I've seen HM wearing the brooch with the pendants once more (photo). My question is - has The Queen worn the brooch with the three pendants again and when was the photo from the link taken?
The photo in your link appears to be Norfolk, UK, 6th Feb 1992.
The "talking hats" speech in the USA was indeed the same brooch, with drops.
details_pop

Does anybody recognise the brooch that HM wore to the trooping?

Does anybody recognise the brooch that HM wore to the trooping?

It is one which belonged to Queen Mary and shows a combination of the Guards badges. HM has worn it every year at the Troop since 1990. It is very hard to find clear photos of it.

GillW, interesting story about the Guards brooch, but what did she wear before 1990 then on the Birthday Parade?
Because on the blue and white checked summer dress of 1987 I think she wore the same brooch?

For your interest, I will be at Ascot on Tuesday and Wednesday, so hope to bring nice close ups in.

Well, until 1987 HM was in uniform on horseback, so it was medals & decorations.

1987 - no clear pictures that I've found
1988 - Dorset bow brooch
1989 - again, no clear pictures that I've found

A closer look at the Guards brooch ...

Attachments

• Guards brooch '10 Trooping.jpg
    Guards brooch '10 Trooping.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 578
I wonder which 4 brooches for Ascot.

I wonder which 4 brooches for Ascot.

We may even get 5 days as Ascot extends to Saturday now.

It would be nice to get a surprise and see something unusual. Hopefully some pretty new outfits too, in bright colours.

We haven't seen much of the Cambridge pearl recently. Maybe we'll get another one of Mummy's brought out for an airing. The Williamson pink would be very welcome too.

Yesterday, the Cullinan V, today the ruby Hibiscus brooch once from The Queen Mother; I saw it in the Royal Enclosure from very very close angle. Its a breath-taking brooch indeed!

Does anyone have a really good pic of the hibiscus brooch? All the ones I've seen from yesterday are either on a bad angle or have the watermark across that part.

Thank you GillW - amazing brooch! Is this the one she wore yesterday with the pink coat?

...and anotha one!! Love this sapphire brooch, its new to me but I'm sure not to the experts here. Her extensive collection of brooches has proven to me that I'm wayyy behind on my knowledge of her jewels!

ny information on the sapphire brooch that HM wore yesterday at Ascot would be appreciated.

If i remember well i'ts a wedding gift to the future Queen Mary from the Empress Eugenie...

I'm not so sure it is that one actually... this is the pic of Queen Mary's presents, and the design looks different. Queen Marys Wedding presents | Hochzeitsgeschenke

Unless of course the artist had made an impression rather than an exact representation. I don't ever recall seeing it before... sure someone can correct me though!

If i remember well i'ts a wedding gift to the future Queen Mary from the Empress Eugenie...

The stone in the feather is purple but may still be a sapphire. There has been some discussion over whether this feather is the Queen Mary one as it differs from that one in several ways. I believe the conclusion was that this one was a wedding gift to the then Princess Elizabeth which was described as being sapphire and diamond. HM always wear it on purple shades however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom