Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 2: Feb-Nov 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to avoid having this thread go off at a political tangent, please keep political posts on the topic of royal jewellery. Thanks.

Elspeth

Royal Jewels moderator

CasiraghiTrio said:
I agree. No matter what anyone's personal feelings about them are, I think it makes sense to assume that the Bushes are clever enough to be diplomatically correct. You don't get to the position of President of the US by not being correct in social protocols and having proper public courtesies anyway. :)

I too think that they will try to put on a good show. Being that he himself made a mess of his visit to england about 2 years ago. Bringing his own chef ( how offensive) & from what I read. He did major damage to trees at the palace with the chopper. being that their was a massive protest during his visit. So, being that he messed up one visit So, he will pull out all the stops to make sure that this visit goes well. & Besides his party is going trough a hard time right now & his approval rating is in the toliet now. About time people in this country open their eyes in regards to him & his doings. To bad they did not open them last november, Oh Well:eek:

I said to keep political comments on the subject of jewellery.

Any more of this stuff, and I'm going to go back and delete all the off-topic posts.

Elspeth

Royal Jewels moderator

Warren said:
Close, but no cigar Lady Marmalade. :)

The Queen is wearing Queen Alexandra's Russian Kokoshnik Tiara, the King George VI Festoon Necklace, and what look like the Greville Chandelier Earrings.

The tiara was presented to Queen Alexandra on the occasion of her silver wedding anniversary in 1888 by Lady Salisbury on behalf of 365 Peeresses of the United Kingdom.

In 1947 the King wanted to make some jewellery from 239 loose diamond collets (think about that for a moment), and in 1950 105 of them were set in a three-row festoon necklace with triangle motifs.

The Cartier chandelier earrings show examples of every known modern cut of diamond. They were a wedding gift to Princess Elizabeth in 1947 from her parents. Queen Elizabeth (the late Queen Mother) had inherited them from the Hon Mrs Ronnie Greville in 1942.

as aside... the Hon Mrs Greville left Queen Elizabeth about a million pounds worth of jewellery in 1942. Translate to 2005 values...

The tiara Princess Elizabeth wore to her wedding was the King George III Fringe Tiara. It was made in 1830 as a necklace from stones that had belonged to George III. Queen Victoria first wore it as a tiara in 1839. Queen Mary gave the tiara to Queen Elizabeth who loaned it to Princess Elizabeth as "something borrowed" for her wedding. The Queen Mother loaned it to Princess Anne for her wedding in 1973. As Queen Victoria left this piece as "Crown" property it would now be back in the Buckingham Palace vaults.

source: "The Jewels of Queen Elizabeth II - Her Personal Collection" by Leslie Field 1992

Gosh darn it.... :)

I knew I was going to be wrong...lol.... ;)

I was hoping you would be able to help me out here.

They look so similar though.

Oh well, a heck of a lot more diamonds then I will ever see on me...

Elspeth said:
I said to keep political comments on the subject of jewellery.

Any more of this stuff, and I'm going to go back and delete all the off-topic posts.

Elspeth

Royal Jewels moderator

Thank you Elspeth!!

You're welcome!

The two tiaras are similar but the fringe tiara is less heavy-looking. They're the second and fifth tiaras on this page:

http://www.mandysroyalty.org/Queenjewels.html

The three-strand festoon necklace on that page is the one ysbel was talking about in post 72 of this thread.

Last edited:
Elspeth said:
You're welcome!

The two tiaras are similar but the fringe tiara is less heavy-looking. They're the second and fifth tiaras on this page:

http://www.mandysroyalty.org/Queenjewels.html

The three-strand festoon necklace on that page is the one ysbel was talking about in post 72 of this thread.

Wow!!!! They are just magnificent.

Okay...to my husband on our first Christmas..listen up now.. :) heh heh..

I want those tiaras, Queen Sonia's Emerald Tiara, The Countess of Paris's sapphire one (the one they use at their weddings), the Duchess of Cornwall's engagement ring..that would make even Alexis Carrington drool with envy...and oh yeah...world peace as well.

A girl can dream........

Last edited:
I'm still trying to get my head around the idea of 239 loose diamond collets rolling around in a box. :eek:

Yes, wouldn't it be handy to have that many loose diamonds if you just happen to want to give your nearest and dearest a nice little present.

Does anyone know if she is required to wear a tiara to any events on her upcoming overseas trip?

I would love to see her hair pulled back with a tiara on, kind of how Princess Victoria or Queen Silvia would wear theirs.

Diamonds!

I posted this in the C&C US Tour thread, but it is also appropriate here.

I don't know if we have seen this one before, but in this pic Camilla is wearing a very serious diamond necklace. Unfortunately the glitter and sparkle obscure the detail.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1131430646

(credit: Colourpress; thanks to Mandy for the pic)

Warren said:
I don't know if we have seen this one before, but in this pic Camilla is wearing a very serious diamond necklace. Unfortunately the glitter and sparkle obscure the detail.
The glitter and sparkle can obscure the detail on my neck anytime.
It is stunning.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, those Diamonds are crazy. They just glitter and sparkle all the time. Forget about the detail, that necklace is spectacular with just its sparkle. I would like to see a non sparkly pic too. I would like to see the design. Is it from the royal collections, a personal heirloom, or did a jewel shop loan it to her. It is stunning.

Princejonnhy25 said:
I agree, those Diamonds are crazy. They just glitter and sparkle all the time. Forget about the detail, that necklace is spectacular with just its sparkle. I would like to see a non sparkly pic too. I would like to see the design. Is it from the royal collections, a personal heirloom, or did a jewel shop loan it to her. It is stunning.

More likely, it is a wedding gift from Charles (or possibly the Queen) that was designed for her using loose diamonds from the royal collection or from old reset pieces. Either way, there is no doubt it is priceless!

I like Delhi Durbar Tiara very much. But I think that on Camilla it was to much open. I think that she need new necklaces, earrings and brooches. Sorry but these which she have were shown to many times (even if they are her best).

magnik said:
I like Delhi Durbar Tiara very much. But I think that on Camilla it was to much open. I think that she need new necklaces, earrings and brooches. Sorry but these which she have were shown to many times (even if they are her best).

I like the Delhi Durbar on her but I totally agree that she needs new jewellery! What she's wearing is fine but she needs more variety.

magnik said:

Well, I'm sure we will see plenty of spectacular jewelry in the coming years on Camilla. It is inevitable both Prince Charles and the Queen will be giving her many valuable pieces as a future Consort.

Warren said:
Camilla was wearing another tiara at the Diplomatic Corps reception at Buckingham Palace today.

Not enough close-ups or detail yet to identify.
Pics from the Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip thread, thanks to HMQEII and EMPICS:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=214256&d=1132209656

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=214252&d=1132209656

The TRF hosted these pics before any mention on RJOTWMB!

That looks like a new one designed and purchased for her.

Warren said:
Camilla was wearing another tiara at the Diplomatic Corps reception at Buckingham Palace today.

Pics from the Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip thread, thanks to HMQEII and EMPICS:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=214256&d=1132209656

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=214252&d=1132209656

ok, are my eyes deceiving me or are those HOSE that charles is wearing?

Warren said:

Can't say I like this one. It's so small, it gets lost in her hair. I think she needs a bigger tiara with her hair.

pollyemma said:
ok, are my eyes deceiving me or are those HOSE that charles is wearing?
Yes, Charles is wearing his Garter outfit, which includes hose when the Garter itself is worn around the leg.

Warren said:
Yes, Charles is wearing his Garter outfit, which includes hose when the Garter itself is worn around the leg.

ok, interesting. so is it tradition to wear the garter outfit to this event? does he wear it to other events as well? I dont think i've ever seen him in it before.

Glad to see the Duchess with a new tiara. this new one is much smaller than the Delhi tiara. look forward to close-ups

pollyemma said:
ok, interesting. so is it tradition to wear the garter outfit to this event? does he wear it to other events as well? I dont think i've ever seen him in it before.
That's unusual IMO. The Garter is usually worn, together with a lot of other accoutrements, to the Gater ceremonies in Windsor and to the coronations. And Charles is not wearing the Collar of the Order of the Garter on the photo...

I love Camilla's new tiara. It seems she can wear large ones and small ones and I don't think it got lost - it was sweet and simple. I can't wait to find out if it is a new one - 'The Duchess of Cornwall Tiara' - has a ring to it.

It looks very much like her own tiara PollyEmma. Thanks for the pic! We may have to name this tiara if it isn't named already ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom