Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 2: Feb-Nov 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William and harry no have all the diana's all jewels. And remember, wills and harry wae so young when diana die, many diana things was in St. james after her dead.

Warren said:
The "Hanover Wedding Crown" which is a very small diamond full crown is still in the possession of Queen Elizabeth. It was loaned to the Hanover Family in 1981 for the wedding of Princess Alexandra (sister of Ernest August) to Prince Andreas zu Leiningen.

OK I found it! Thanks Warren! :) Though I think while it must have been very stylish at the time, I don't think I want Camilla to wear THIS to the Norwegian State Visit!

http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/hannover/hannover-brautkrone.htm

I remember reading on Hello, that according to Di's will, her jewels are left for W&H's future wives.

ysbel said:
OK I found it! Thanks Warren! :) Though I think while it must have been very stylish at the time, I don't think I want Camilla to wear THIS to the Norwegian State Visit!

http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/hannover/hannover-brautkrone.htm
Thanks for finding this Ysbel.
Since it is a Wedding Crown for Hanoverian brides, the chances of Camilla wearing this for the Norwegian gala are slim indeed!

:) W

Re:

I remember reading on Hello, that according to Di's will, her jewels are left for W&H's future wives.
What Jewels are these? Didn't she return the Spencer Tiara? And anything belonging to the Queen that was 'on loan' would have gone back to HM wouldn't it? I can't see what she could have left in the way of jewels.

BeatrixFan said:
What Jewels are these? Didn't she return the Spencer Tiara? And anything belonging to the Queen that was 'on loan' would have gone back to HM wouldn't it? I can't see what she could have left in the way of jewels.

The Spencer Tiara was given back to her brother, Earl Spencer on his request that it be handed over (this was before Diana died). All jewels belonging to the Queen were given back to the Queen and no doubt any jewels Diana had that solely belonged to her would have been left to William & Harry.

"MII"

I just spotted this picture on "Hello". I wonder if this necklace is a reinvention of the pearl & amyethst necklace that Queen Alexandra gave the Queen Mum as a wedding gift. It hasn't been seen for many years and there was some talk that it had been redesigned.

Attachments

• camillahats-dop11a.jpg
    camillahats-dop11a.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 522
Warren said:
Thanks for finding this Ysbel.
Since it is a Wedding Crown for Hanoverian brides, the chances of Camilla wearing this for the Norwegian gala are slim indeed!

:) W

Yes Warren, thank God for small favors ;)

Maybe I better rethink wanting Camilla to wear something really old!

wymanda, that necklace looks like the one Camilla wore to the Trafalgar events.

Diana's Treasure Trove

BeatrixFan said:
Well, for starters there are the wedding gifts including the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia's diamond and sapphire parure, pieces the Queen Mother gave her (the diamond and huge sapphire piece for one); the stunning diamond and sapphire crescent necklace from the Sultan of Oman, the pieces Charles would have given her over the years, and all the other private jewellery, big and small, she would have collected along the way. Who knows, $5 - $10 million (or more) worth of baubles which were Diana's personal property?

wymanda said:
I just spotted this picture on "Hello". I wonder if this necklace is a reinvention of the pearl & amyethst necklace that Queen Alexandra gave the Queen Mum as a wedding gift. It hasn't been seen for many years and there was some talk that it had been redesigned.

this necklace really looks the one "3 choker, diamond&ruby clasp" necklace in Hello's Camilla's treasures article. she wore it very often before her wedding to Charles, so I think it unlikely to be the one you mentioned.

HRH Camilias First Tiara

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall worn her first tiara yesterday! i went into college and smack bang on the newspaper rack was the Duchess in the Delhi Dubar Tiara without the emeralds, i nearly died, no ones seen it for like 50 odd years, i have nothing against camilia but i wouldnt have choose that tiara, its a tiara for an Empress with Royal Blood (Queen Mary!) i think tiaras like the Delhi Dubar, the Russian Kokoshnik, Grand Duchess Vladimirs tiara and the other big! important tiaras should be reserved for Queens, Princess Royals and future Princesses of Wales. whens TRH's beatrice and Eugenie gonna wear one! cant wait

Dane said:
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall worn her first tiara yesterday! i went into college and smack bang on the newspaper rack was the Duchess in the Delhi Dubar Tiara without the emeralds, i nearly died, no ones seen it for like 50 odd years, i have nothing against camilia but i wouldnt have choose that tiara, its a tiara for an Empress with Royal Blood (Queen Mary!) i think tiaras like the Delhi Dubar, the Russian Kokoshnik, Grand Duchess Vladimirs tiara and the other big! important tiaras should be reserved for Queens, Princess Royals and future Princesses of Wales. whens TRH's beatrice and Eugenie gonna wear one! cant wait

Hi Dane.

Welcome to the board.

The cabachon emeralds were replaced with smaller diamonds in 1922.

Indeed, it was made for HI&RM the Queen & Empress Consort Mary for the Imperial Delhi Durbar festivities which took palce in 1911, but was left to HI&RM the Queen & Empress Consort Elizabeth (later Queen Mother) at the request of the Queen Dowager. The Queen Mother wore it a few times but to no real great extent.

Personally, I love it as an all diamond piece. Stunning!

"MII"

I'm not sure but the moderators may want to relocate this thread to the appropriate sub forum or infact merge it.

Last edited:
Dane said:
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall worn her first tiara yesterday!
i think tiaras like the Delhi Dubar, the Russian Kokoshnik, Grand Duchess Vladimirs tiara and the other big! important tiaras should be reserved for Queens, Princess Royals and future Princesses of Wales.

HRH Camilla is entitled to be called the Princess of Wales, she and Charles decided not to use the title due to it's association with his previous wife. The use of this tiara was apparently chosen by the Queen and Camilla.
When Prince Charles becomes King, as his wife, Camilla will have the use of all the royal jewels. I think she looked lovely in it, so regal.:)

I think she really looked good, and so happy.

Does Camilla get to wear a tiara in the U.S. visit?

i'm really glad she chose such a jewel with such an important history. it meant she is accepted and appreciated by the queen if she let her use the same tiara that thew late queen used lots of years ago for the last time. she looked spendid as well.

CAMILLA AND THE DURBAR TIARA

ncam26.jpg
_40948716_camilla203.jpg

seto said:
When Princess Diana visited The USA with Prince Charles, she also wore her Tiara the Knot Lover's, so i think as The Duchess of Cornwall just got her Tiara and as how much Prince Charles loves his second wife, he will try to get for The Duchess to wear in Tiara as any occasion as much as he can to declare that now that is the Duchess-wife of the heir and future Queen Consort not Camilla Parker Bowles anymore, and for people get more used to that.

There is an opinion piece in the Telegraph on the Duchess' and her new tiara:

You shall go to the Ball!

How it must have aggrieved her enemies in the tabloid press! The Duchess of Cornwall, looking splendid in Queen Mary's Delhi Durbar tiara, shone at the dinner given on Tuesday night for the King and Queen of Norway. This represents a serious diversion from the script. The duchess is supposed to be the hag-ridden, charmless royal, everything out of place, plain to the point of winning one of the subsidiary roles in Cinderella.

And then, lo and behold, she makes a pretty good stab at actually being Cinders. In the pantomime that those who seek to destroy the Royal Family try to create around it, the duchess is getting the cheers, not the boos.

http://www.opinion.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2005/10/27/dl2702.xml&sSheet=/opinion/2005/10/27/ixopinion.html

Last edited by a moderator:
seto said:

If there is a state dinner at the White House or at the British Embassy, then Camilla will wear her tiara.

The emeralds in the tiara were the Cambridge stones inherited by Queen Mary when her brother, Prince Francis, died. After the Durbar, Queen Mary removed the emeralds and the Cullinan diamond and wore it on a few occasions.

The Queen Mother wore the diadem once during a state visit to South Africa in 1947 and then it went into storage. Queen Mary left her the diadem after her death in 1953 and then the Queen inherited it when her mother passed away.

I believe that the protocol is that she doesn't wear a tiara at the State dinner but if there is a formal dinner at the British embassy she wears one then.

The Delhi Durbar Diadem

According to the GREMB and reports from people who have seen a short video of events from the gala dinner, it can be confirmed that the Delhi Durbar tiara has NOT been altered, or opened up at the back, but is still the full circle; ie it remains in diadem-mode. This jewel must be enormous!

tiara

The tiara is enormous and camilla has a lot of hair.

Warren said:
According to the GREMB and reports from people who have seen a short video of events from the gala dinner, it can be confirmed that the Delhi Durbar tiara has NOT been altered, or opened up at the back, but is still the full circle; ie it remains in diadem-mode. This jewel must be enormous!

That can't be true. If it was not opened up in the back, it would have to be high on the top of her head like a crown, rather than banded and on the side.

It's been altered for sure.

Ennyllorac said:
I believe that the protocol is that she doesn't wear a tiara at the State dinner but if there is a formal dinner at the British embassy she wears one then.

No. If it is an offical state dinner hosted by the President, the protocol is she wears her tiara because she and Charles are representing the Queen as head of state of the UK.

I have pictures of Diana and Charles being greeted by President and Mrs. Reagan on their arrival at the White House for a state dinner. Diana is wearing the Lover's Knot Tiara and her sapphire and pearl choker.

branchg said:
No. If it is an offical state dinner hosted by the President, the protocol is she wears her tiara because she and Charles are representing the Queen as head of state of the UK.

I have pictures of Diana and Charles being greeted by President and Mrs. Reagan on their arrival at the White House for a state dinner. Diana is wearing the Lover's Knot Tiara and her sapphire and pearl choker.

No Diana, did not wear a tiara to the White House dinner. That state dinner was the one she wore the saphire and pearl choker with the saphire blue gown. That was the dinner she danced with John Travolta. SHe wore the Lover's knot tiara at the dinner hosted at the British EMbassy.

Dane said:

Well, you know, since Camilla the present Princess of Wales - albeit not using the title - she would seem to fall within your criteria. This seems to be an early message from the present Queen that, despite what's being said about Princess Consort and all that, we're looking at our next Queen Consort.

Warren said:

Really? They've seen a picture from the back and it goes all the way round? The way she's wearing it, it doesn't look as though it has the correct angle to be a full circle.

Elspeth said:
Really? They've seen a picture from the back and it goes all the way round? The way she's wearing it, it doesn't look as though it has the correct angle to be a full circle.

In this video , almost in the end of the report about the visit, you can see another view from Camilla wearing the tiara and it looks like that the Delhi Durbar it's still a full circle. I hope that helps :)

From TV2
http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/?treeId=101&progId=65239&itemId=114262

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom