Crown Princess Mette-Marit Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like this brooch at all. Maybe is very big i think. And agree very unusual to Mette-Marit to wore brooch. But never is too late :)

I love the dark drops and the chandelier earrings stunning..

I love this tiaria and indeed her entire look remains one of my favorites, not sure about the floral cuff though.

You are right Carlota, she has worn three tiaras. The vifte tiara after Queen Maud twice as a necklace, for her prewedding dinner and for the dinner for the bishops in 2004. She has ofcourse worn her weddingtiara, the diamond daisy tiara several times and the Ametyst tiara three times, first time for Frederik and Marys preweddingconcert in May 2004.

In the weekend edition of Se og Hør they write that the Ametyst tiara\necklace, (3?) bracelets, brooch ring and eardobs were a gift to Mette-Marit after Ingrid Alexandra was born and that she now owns it. The jewels were purchased by the Queen in the late 90s. She has not worn it much, but was first seen with it around the neck for her 60th birthday. Mette-Marit has only worn it as a tiara and not as a necklace.

1 Mette-Marit wearing the ametysts as a tiara, and the brooch as a pendant on a diamond necklace for the Italian state visit

2 Queen Sonja wearing it as a necklace for Haakon and Mette-Marits prewedding dinner

3 The Queen wearing the necklace as a tiara for the wedding of Alexandra of Berleburg. She wears the two bracelets connected together as a necklace.

4 and 5 Closeup of the tiara\necklace
I love the amethyst's, all of them.

The Queen Maud's Pearl Tiara is also my favourite!

Beautiful tiaras . My favourite and to me the pearl tiara. She wore only 3 tiaras?

She has already worn them in her hair once before. At the wedding of CP and Sofia she combined them with the daisy tiara. So I hope that she keeps going on with wearing these rosettes as hairpins, they are really beautiful and work well for that purpose. I'm just not that fond of this rather girlish hairstyle.

Mette Marit had 3 tiara appearances of 2015:

1 2 3

Last edited:
i wish we would see more of the Maud Vifte tiara - either as a tiara or necklace. it would be a nice mix up to have more variety amongst the Norwegian ladies

Her dress may have been pretty simple but she had some stunning jewelry. I like the simpler dress let the jewelry shine without making her look over dressed for the day event. I love the earrings and the pendant. The jeweled headband was a lovely addition.

A discussion in the Tiara & Jewels guessing thread set me off on a path where I compiled a list of all of the tiaras some of the ladies have worn for state (and official visits when called for) visits.

Here is Mette-Marit's. I think I got all of them and got the dates right.

MM has only used her Diamond Daisy Bandeau and the Amethyst Necklace Tiara for the dinners, of course. She's worn the Bandeau 19 times! And the Amethyst only 8 times. I'd like to see Amethyst more, though I understand it's not as versatile as the bandeau.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom